Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Feeling real sorry for you guys bining it

Bike
    1987 GSX1100EF
    Quote Originally Posted by celticno6
    You don't counter-act - you counter-steer around the bad shit ...

Yeah well said !! Point taken ..... Hey Si how goes the music ??.....and the scotch !!... and I'm glad to hear yours was just a near miss !!
    I had a good one this morning .. in the super market car park ... an idiot in a 4WD hit my trolley while it was sitting behind the Falcon !! Bread and toilet paper everywhere !! Good thing it wasn't one of the kids!!
    A man can move much faster without a millstone around his neck, so if he gets the chance to lose her he'd better drop her and run like heck !! .. (10cc "Modern Man Blues" - Deceptive Bends)

Bike
    1987 Nifty 50
    You gotta stay keen Dave, or else who will I ride with? You didnt even leave a mark at the intersection, I checked! Dont go to the dark side - at least you can bail from a bike- what if you are in a plane at 30'000 ft ?
    "Not one day that we are here on this earth has been promised to us, so make the most of every day as if it was your last, and every breath ,as if it were the same"

Bike
    GSX-R600K3
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooks
    Bloody hell .... Dave I'm glad to hear you're OK .... I think you've done enough to yourself for the year huh ?? ... A hint ... maybe try some engine braking in the wet .... it keeps the bike stable as it slows and will require minimal braking up front !! ...
    Yeah, I was probably only doing about 10km/h when I actual came off. I had actually slowed quite a bit before the intersection so I'm not sure if was just really slippery paint or what Normally rely on Engine braking quite a bit so could have just been my bad day. Hopefully the foot ant broken I haven't been out of plaster that long. 2 bins in 5 months Might have to go see a doctor tomorrow if it is still quite saw.
    Life is difficult because it is non-linear.

Bike
    GSX-R600K3
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm
    what if you are in a plane at 30'000 ft ?
    You can still bail from a plane just it hurts more when you land. Most people like to use parchutes from that sort of heights.

Bike
    XZ10R 2006
    dam i rode my ZX10R home in the rain and did
    not stack it,? am i being out of order
    the last time a had a big off in town was on a
    dropped news paper
    only thing that sufferd to day was my cell PH
    (replaced with a siemens M65)
    :disapint:
    the art of diplomacy is saying nice doggie,
    until you find a big rock

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmax
    dam i rode my ZX10R home in the rain and did not stack it,? am i being out of order
    Yeah, particularly if you ain't got your new front wheel yet. Hurry up and shatter it in spectacular style. We're bored.
    kiwibiker is full of love, an disrespect.
    - mikey

Bike
    GSX-R600K3
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmax
    dam i rode my ZX10R home in the rain and did
    not stack it,? am i being out of order
    the last time a had a big off in town was on a
    dropped news paper
    Firstly this was a little off (ie the bike was stil rideable). Secondly I had made it home and was off again to get some paint to paint part of my bike but instead went to the bike shop and ordered a new indicator and taped my old one back together (Yes it does work, has a new bulb though, and you can see it fine)

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by jrandom
    ...Hurry up and shatter it in spectacular style. We're bored.
    ...or just share about your infringements! Hearing about those has also been known to relieve some of the KB boredom, eh JR.

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    Quote Originally Posted by Zed
    ...or just share about your infringements! Hearing about those has also been known to relieve some of the KB boredom, eh JR.
    Never as exciting as a good old fork-twisting fairing-shattering bone-crunching bin story though
    - mikey

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by jrandom
    Never as exciting as a good old fork-twisting fairing-shattering bone-crunching bin story though
    Oh I don't know? The One's little tale certainly stirred a few around here...and if you had done a runner on the FXR then I'm sure your "prepared to kill" thread would have doubled in posts!

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    Quote Originally Posted by Zed
    if you had done a runner on the FXR then I'm sure your "prepared to kill" thread would have doubled in posts!
    I don't think so. Mostly because everyone would have been preoccupied with being doubled over howling with laughter at the idea of attempting such a thing.
    - mikey

Bike
    Triumph Daytona 650 in RED
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash
    OH FFS!

That's it. I'm giving up riding. You pricks are just too dangerous.

Over and out.
    My thoughts exactly!

I'm not touching my bike until at least February next year, and only once it's been fine for at least 4 weeks in a row.
    "Women & cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A. Heinlein

"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will piss on your computer." Bruce Graham

Bike
    03 Ducati M800Si.e. 04 Ducati M1000Si.e.
    Sorry to hear your news Dave. Let us know how the ankle goes.

Being frustrated is disagreeable.

But the real disasters in life begin when you get what you want.

Bike
    Sweet Fcuk All

Sheesh!

Bloody hell guys, I spend one day in bed and I miss what seems like a week's happenings!
    decided to see what it feels like to go down the road
    You could have just asked Dave, I'd have said not so good...
    Holy Sh)*, it's an epidemic & please quarantine yourselves
    I've hired a warehouse for 3 months, so from Friday night, we're boarding ourselves up in there. Tickets available at the door.
    the LTSA dropping slippery desil al over the road
    Hell yeah, I'm convinced that I hit something like that. There's no way you loose traction at the speed/angle I was doing
    did a lovely motocross slide for about 50 metres
    That scares me, only because there's no way I'd be able to MotoX slide 5cm's, so I'd prob bin. When I finally get back on my bike, I's sure gonna take it easy for a while billy bob. I's not going to be kissing my purdy sister (tarmac) anytime soon as long as I can help it!
    what if you are in a plane at 30'000 ft
    From experience (not in practice mind you), you glide down, and make a forced landing. That is assuming you can glide...

Does anyone know if the biker gods have any mercy? Surely I'll be safe for the next 18 months, now that I've appeased them? Ok, now lets all close our eyes, and say grease, I mean grace

Bike
    Sweet Fcuk All

oh...

Get well soon, Dave, and eveyone else recovering from filthy tarmac relations

Thread Information