Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cheesecutter: Hawke's Bay action

Bike
    Orangy/Redy/Blacky Blingy thingy
    Quote Originally Posted by MSTRS View Post
    OK. Seems like the 'better' option would be to join the Welly ride on Nov.11. We will no doubt discuss this more fully at the track tomorrow. I will continue to lobby the local paper etc. Will be approaching the bikeshops this week coming to get something on their counters to highlight the issue and the protest ride. No doubt there will be a petition sometime in the near future too.
    Yep..I agree, Wellington would be the better option for us. We will definately need local support both from the local paper and local business's as well.It's pressure from the voting public which in my opinion will bring about change more so than a group of bikers trying to change the minds of our M.Ps. A feature articule in all the provincial Papers highlighting our concerns leading up to this nation wide protest will help get our message out to the general public. While I agree with signed petitions...history shows that government has an almost complete disregard for 'petitions'....THOUSANDS OF BIKERS ON THE STEPS OF PARLIAMENT IN MASS PROTEST will get their attention. Be a part of the solution....just do it! W & D

I've learned... that to ignore the facts does not change the facts

Do you seriously expect me to believe that these politicians would implement policy based on nothing more than bullshit......

Bike
    2005 Suzuki Boulevard C50T
    MSTRS

How about contacting the Minister for
    Civil Defence,
    Courts,
    Internal Affairs and
    Vetran Affairs, our own Harley riding MP the
    Hon Rick Barker.

Getting a cabinet minister onside could get the attention your looking for.

I know he'd listen and he has other MP mates that ride too.

You can email him at this address

rbarker@ministers.govt.nz.

As for a protest ride, I think one big Group of bikes parked outside of the beehive all revving their bikes in unison could be a good attention getter.

But I would also support a local ride if thats what pans out.

Cheers
    P38

Bike
    2020 ls650 boulevard
    so you guys are joining with wellington?
    my blog: http://sunsthomasandfriends.weebly.com/index.html

the really happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery when on a detour.

Bike
    various
    Blog Entries

Sorry,

Can not travel there. If something would have been in HB I would have been there.

Have fun.

May the bridges I burn light the way.

Follow Vinny's MX racing on www.mxvinny.com

Bike
    Orangy/Redy/Blacky Blingy thingy
    Quote Originally Posted by sunhuntin View Post
    so you guys are joining with wellington?
    Yes, we are......

I've learned... that to ignore the facts does not change the facts

Do you seriously expect me to believe that these politicians would implement policy based on nothing more than bullshit......

Bike
    2020 ls650 boulevard
    awesome, thanks for that. will be there with my wind-making jacket on, lmfao.
    my blog: http://sunsthomasandfriends.weebly.com/index.html

the really happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery when on a detour.

Bike
    Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    Sorry guys but I won't be able to make it down there. Was hoping we might have something local but understand joining Wellington's ride is the better option. Have a good ride guys and girls.

Bike
    Triple Delight
    Quote Originally Posted by MSTRS View Post
    Been thinking about what we in the Hawkes Bay can add to the planned protests over the cheesecutters. What do the rest of you think? Or suggest?
    Top man.........great post, and yes there wil come a time that these nasty limb removers will become part of your lives too!

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer 4 ever View Post
    Ok I have looked at some of the threads and it looks like nothin is going to happen. Auckland and or Wellington seem to be the places. Wouldn't it be good to all gather in Wellington and park at the beehive and put our case? If we do small rides no one is going to give a shit. But if we had hundreds of bikes in the city it could make a difference. Or a big group gather in Taupo. I mean a big group and do a slow ride down SH1.

I dont agree mate! Big huge turn outs gather attention for sure, and that is what we need, but IMHO we need to keep picking the scab that will form after the big rides! Organise the regional small rides, make them known and keep doing it! Some wont be able to take the time from work or families to do a big trip to a main centre either and need to have a voice and feel part of this protest!

Quote Originally Posted by Conquiztador View Post
    Good work MSTRS.

My input re what should be done in HB:
    - We need some sort of message/issue we are pushing. How bout thanks to the local decision makers for not have fitted (as far as I know) these wire barriers in Hawke's Bay and see if we can get a commitment not to do so in the future either! And obviously ask for a re-think re all this in the rest of NZ.
    - From all the info that is available now on here someone with time should compile the information that supports our stand point. Just to go somewhere and say" We dont like the cheese cutters" will not take us far. We need to present supporting statistics. From NZ, from overseas. From anywhere as long as it supports our view. (This should really be done for the whole movement so all have the same info so that we have a unified front.)

- Set a date for the ride.
    - Sort out a route to travel with start time and place and finish time and place.
    - Inform everyone and anyone that we know would support this of some status (celebrities, politicians, local big wigs etc.)
    - Produce a leaflet with the info that we can distribute before the event and at the event.
    - Set up posters at all local bike shops
    - Contact all local clubs and ask for support. (The MCC's and the MC's) Lets show a unified front here!
    - Come up with a slogan type: "Keep Cheese Cutters in the kitchen" or something like: "Bikers and Cheese Cutters do not mix" or "Slice cheese not bikers" or something even better...
    - Produce some sort of emblem/sticker/sew on logo that all that support the cause can purchase for a dollar or two.
    - Megafone/speeker system at the end of the ride where we tell whovere is there what it is all about.

Subtract/add as you see fit. But lets get started!!
    OH YEAH!!! this is what will get attention

Quote Originally Posted by Conquiztador View Post
    If something would have been in HB I would have been there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    Sorry guys but I won't be able to make it down there. Was hoping we might have something local but understand joining Wellington's ride is the better option. Have a good ride guys and girls.
    Do your local rides! Keep agitating.....at worst the message will be slow to get through, at best you get to ride!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubb View Post
    Nonono,

He rides the Leprachhaun at the end of the Rainbow. Usually goes by the name Anne McMommus

Thread Information