Page 12 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheesecutter campaign

Bike
    KTM 690 DUKE R
    hmmm I see little point in some of the new barriers and there location!

On the way in to Picton you go through miles of road all similar in construction and roadside hazards...... until you get to a new passing lane...... which has the same roadside hazards but for some reason this passing lane needs a barrier on the left in order to stop? Couldn't for the life of me figure it out, why the barrier was installed when road exactly the same on the other side of the road is un-barriered, and then the barrier stops but the road doesn't change.

Do people randomly suddenly swing left when faced with passing lanes?

Bike
    2020 ls650 boulevard
    i left the red tape on my jacket after the taupo meet, and have been asked several times by members of the public its meaning. i explain things basically, always emphasising the photo of the car that got turned into a convertible. ive left the website addy a few times.
    my blog: http://sunsthomasandfriends.weebly.com/index.html

the really happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery when on a detour.

Bike
    Moto Guzzi V7
    We seem to be prattling on but, the Cheese cutters are still there, and LTNZ are giving the impression that things will be forgotten,

As people forget about those who were killed by the WRB

first in 2005 Rider decapitated

then 2007 Rider cut in half ( nearly into three)

All they did was churn out their stock answers in the hope that the problem would go away, as the media soon forgets.

SO

Now what are we going to do to move this on so they know we are not going away this time.
    And bring it into the media again,
    We need to put in in their faces as much as possible

Bike
    '87 CR500, '10 RM144
    The petitions are still out there, that's still really the next step. It won't be too long before they're collected up so we still need to drive people to sign up. You may be surprised who's on our side, I've had some very unlikely people sign the one at work.....
    Drew for Prime Minister!

www.oldskoolperformance.com

www.prospeedmc.com for parts ex U.S.A ( He's a Kiwi! )

Bike
    Moto Guzzi V7
    And what happened to the petition that was started after the rider was decapitated in 2005, LTNZ just ignore it or was it never submitted?

Bike
    '87 CR500, '10 RM144
    I really don't know, I'd not heard of it.
    If we get the numbers they cannot ignore it.
    Drew for Prime Minister!

Bike
    Moto Guzzi V7
    If the other one was submitted then they have coosen to ignore it, makes a mockery of the TV statement that LTNZ made that they were not aware of any issue regarding the cheese cutters

Bike
    2020 ls650 boulevard
    i dont recall hearing about a petition in 05 either... i dont think i was yet a member. had i known about it, i would have signed.
    my blog: http://sunsthomasandfriends.weebly.com/index.html

the really happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery when on a detour.

Bike
    Moto Guzzi V7
    http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...=59539&page=11

Quote Originally Posted by MSTRS View Post
    Someone was killed in Welly, after striking Armco posts. In 2000, if I remember right. They were decapitated.

if you goto the picture im MSTRS post and read it you will see the paper published in Jan 2006 states that a patition was orginised and Cheesecutter.co.nz set up as a responce to the decapitation of the Auckland Rider, I belive the rider lived only 5 Ks from where I live, so so far two lads have been murdered by these wire barriers, both lived within 5 Ks of each other.

Bike
    "Bagheera" GSX1400K5
    Quote Originally Posted by WelshWizard View Post
    http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...=59539&page=11

if you goto the picture im MSTRS post and read it you will see the paper published in Jan 2006 states that a patition was orginised and Cheesecutter.co.nz set up as a responce to the decapitation of the Auckland Rider, I belive the rider lived only 5 Ks from where I live, so so far two lads have been murdered by these wire barriers, both lived within 5 Ks of each other.
    Sorry WW, but blew that pic up and I get that the date on the paper is Wednesday, January 16 2008. That makes it an article relating to ya son's death and the present Cheesecutter campaign.
    Yes we do need ta organise another ride (IMHO). We also need to spend more time making all bikers aware that a protest ride is on. Bike Mags need to get involved.
    New Zealand......
    The Best Place in the World to live if ya Broke

"Whole life balance, Daniel-San" ("Karate Kid")

Kia kaha, kia toa, kia manawanui ( Be strong, be brave, be steadfast and sure)
    DON'T RIDE LIKE YA STOLE IT, RIDE TO SURVIVE.

Bike
    '87 CR500, '10 RM144
    Quote Originally Posted by RiderInBlack View Post
    Sorry WW, but blew that pic up and I get that the date on the paper is Wednesday, January 16 2008. That makes it an article relating to ya son's death and the present Cheesecutter campaign.
    Yes we do need ta organise another ride (IMHO). We also need to spend more time making all bikers aware that a protest ride is on. Bike Mags need to get involved.
    There will be a ride to deliver the petition, prolly be a good idea to get publicity rolling asap.
    Drew for Prime Minister!

Bike
    "Bagheera" GSX1400K5
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATH_INC. View Post
    There will be a ride to deliver the petition.
    Is there a date for that yet?

Is there anyway we can set something up (like a banner and petition signing stall) for Paeroa Battle of The Streets?
    New Zealand......
    The Best Place in the World to live if ya Broke

"Whole life balance, Daniel-San" ("Karate Kid")

Kia kaha, kia toa, kia manawanui ( Be strong, be brave, be steadfast and sure)
    DON'T RIDE LIKE YA STOLE IT, RIDE TO SURVIVE.

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy
    Quote Originally Posted by RiderInBlack View Post
    Is there a date for that yet?

Is there anyway we can set something up (like a banner and petition signing stall) for Paeroa Battle of The Streets?
    Great idea. I am planning to be there, and can bring two flags, which can be draped off a table. Would be willing to man it for a time as well.
    And WW, Death-Inc is right...the article was just printed and referred to your lad's misfortune.
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    Gone

wrb

This is part of an email response form a local BRONZ repersentative. A hard working advocate for local bikers but when a person such as this believes WRB are a fait accompli it does nto bode well for organised resistence. If Harry Dynhoven is merely going to continue to dismiss overseas evidence i can undestand the lack of will demonstrated here. "But - the reality is wire rope barriers are no better or worse than other barriers.
    The wire rope barriers do save lives and that is clear from the results of the Kapiti Coast Highway north of Wgtn - they are designed to stop cars and they do that well despite what we all think as motorcyclists."

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cold comfort View Post
    The wire rope barriers do save lives and that is clear from the results of the Kapiti Coast Highway north of Wgtn - they are designed to stop cars and they do that well despite what we all think as motorcyclists."
    No they don't and they can turn even a large car into a convertible. It happens more often than you'd think and the motorcycling issue isn't the sole reason why they are being, banned, clad, and removed in some European countries. The WRBs require an oblique strike to be effective. Hit them dead on and you are in all sorts of trouble even in a car.

I've been with a concrete barrier at speed with no injuries other than a broken wrist and that was from landing on my outstretched arm. An oblique strike on a concrete barrier is eminently survivable. An oblique strike on a WRB for a tumbling body is a proper problem.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Thread Information