Page 52 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheesecutter campaign

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy
    And as for along the centre divide on motorways...we know we don't have to ride in the directly adjacent lane.
    But just what do you propose we do when it's on single lane each way roads, with only a dotted line as a divider, which comprise most of the roading network in NZ. When it's down the middle and the road edge as well. A veritable killing zone.
    Like this...[IMG]
    View Larger Map[/IMG]
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    Speed Triple
    Quote Originally Posted by bogan View Post
    I live in palmy, think the nearest WRB is about 100km away, I can see how it endangers other bikers (cos I'm not just a selfish prick who only looks after themselves) and am willing to help.
    They have cheese cutters on the road out of Wanganui , On areas that were run-offs.

Not great run-offs, but certainly I'd rather take my chances on the grass then getting ripped apart by high-tension wire.

Bike
    Ducati V4S Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by inlinefour View Post
    OK, lets say that in theory claymore mines was used. Everyone would be aware that they was there and only idiots would actually go anywhere near them. The way that I see it, NZ needs less idiots as it is, let alone KBer and motorcycling. So who is at blame here? It would have to be who ever put the claymores there and the idiots who got too close to them and got wasted. Its not like WRB are hidden out of sight like a claymore now is it.
    It was just a bit of humour. Get over yourself! What the hell has happened to you? You used to be amusing, now you just seem bitter. Your loss pal.

Bike
    2008 Kettweisel Style.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toaster View Post
    It was just a bit of humour. Get over yourself! What the hell has happened to you? You used to be amusing, now you just seem bitter. Your loss pal.
    Nah I'm OK, just wanted to compare the two. I can still be amusing, when the time is right. As MSTRS pointed out, anyone who disagrees with the common opinion regarding WRB, is called a cager and their opinion(s) are considered invalid. As well as some here attempted to belittle who is voicing out against what you all are wanting. Sure you all might be able to do it on this website, but it does not actually make you correct. Alot of what I've said is completely valid and you ignore it at the peril of the whole campaign.

I know that many here think that your going to be able to make a difference and get the barriers replaced. It would be nice if this was possible, but if history is anything to go by, your quite likely to be pushing shit up hill.
    Those who insist on perfect safety, don't have the balls to live in the real world.

Bike
    Speed Triple
    A lot of what I've said is completely valid and you ignore it at the peril of the whole campaign.
    Did you not notice the bit where every single thing you said was shot down on every level by multiple people?

And your idea that the campaign must be stopped because its a disgrace to Kiwibiker is slightly more perilous to the campaign then ignoring you would be. Ignoring you is the best possible option, Though its not as amusing as throwing your rubbish back at you.

Bike
    "Bagheera" GSX1400K5
    I know that many here think that your going to be able to make a difference and get the barriers replaced. It would be nice if this was possible, but if history is anything to go by, your quite likely to be pushing shit up hill.
    We should really thank you IL4 for reviving the Campaign by rarking us up. Most have us had given up, and even the threads on it had gone dead until ya started ya pro-WRB posts. It reminds us of why we need to continue fighting to improve the attitude Transit NZ has toward Motorcyclist as road users.
    To achive ya goal (if that is real ya goal) of us giving up on the battle agaist WRB, all ya had to do is nothing. So here's a BIG THANK You from me to you for reviving this thread
    New Zealand......
    The Best Place in the World to live if ya Broke

"Whole life balance, Daniel-San" ("Karate Kid")

Kia kaha, kia toa, kia manawanui ( Be strong, be brave, be steadfast and sure)
    DON'T RIDE LIKE YA STOLE IT, RIDE TO SURVIVE.

Bike
    As MSTRS pointed out, anyone who disagrees with the common opinion regarding WRB, is called a cager and their opinion(s) are considered invalid.
    Anyone who argues that we just need to be careful around WRB is coming from a cager perspective. One which assumes that care means we won't come into contact with the damned things. The perspective that comes with that slightly smug 'I'm all right, and you're already courting death by riding one of those evil contraptions" attitude.
    Toss out the cost argument (which is flawed anyway) and what do you have? A safety device that is NOT safe.
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    Speed Triple
    Just imagine if the shoe was on the other foot....

Bike
    Sometimes, it is...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CheeseCutterFalc&#111.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	50.4 KB 
ID:	205733  

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Headbanger View Post
    Just imagine if the shoe was on the other foot....
    Don't you find it interesting that after a few incidents of this nature, Armco ends were redesigned to stop such happenings? Yet I don't recall ANY lobbying or predictions of catastrophe. I wonder how many incidents it takes?

Bike
    Speed Triple
    The cynic in me thinks nothing changes until someone is fearful for their job/position.

There personal position being of more importance to them then the greater good.

Bike
    R1150RT
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MSTRS View Post
    Don't you find it interesting that after a few incidents of this nature, Armco ends were redesigned to stop such happenings? Yet I don't recall ANY lobbying or predictions of catastrophe. I wonder how many incidents it takes?
    Not many if they involve cagers apparently

Bike
    R1150RT
    Blog Entries
    And as for along the centre divide on motorways...we know we don't have to ride in the directly adjacent lane.
    But just what do you propose we do when it's on single lane each way roads, with only a dotted line as a divider, which comprise most of the roading network in NZ. When it's down the middle and the road edge as well. A veritable killing zone.
    Or the wonderful coast road from Pukerua Bay North, WRB and concrete walls on both sides , no escape there at all . My daily canyon ride

Bike
    Now come on. Don't be like that.
    The Kapiti doctors wanted a barrier put there. And there's no room for anything else. And it can be dropped to provide access in case of a major incident.
    Yea right...

Bike
    R1150RT
    Blog Entries
    Now come on. Don't be like that.
    The Kapiti doctors wanted a barrier put there. And there's no room for anything else. And it can be dropped to provide access in case of a major incident.
    Yea right...
    there's plenty of room for a concrete barrier if they wanted it, just need to seal over some rocky foreshore ... oops sorry not politically correct there.

Thread Information