Page 6 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheesecutter campaign

Bike
    2005 Firestorm
    Blog Entries

...and from the rear

Interesting experience to holding up traffic on the motorway - not one I'm used to and crikey people come up close behind before they get out of your lane! Hazard lights a requirement!

Anyone been passed by that many cars before?

Sorry for the initial close calls Nasty, 3 year old with large basketball in front seat and that was my first political rally and all.

Bringing up the rear of slow moving processions is something I've not practised.

Great turn out and looked to be good safe riding by all - Very good No Unassseptable behaviour (as Supernanny would say!!!).

Looked an impressive display on the motorway (even from the rear ) I'm sure it got peoples attention...and some very lovely machines to perve at too that, Lets face it people may never previously have had a chance to perve at and there you all were moving so slowly...

Will spread the word amongst my biker colleagues...Go the Public Service! There seem to be quite a large number of them and yet I didn't recognise any of them there today. How do we arrange/co-ordinate petition forms again?

Anyway - thanks for the arranging the ride/drive and for letting a sympathetic 'currently cage driver' tag along.

Keep the message alive - NO New Zealander on the road is safe with these barriers installed in their current state - especially not bikers.

Bike
    1912 Grindley Peerless
    This is worthwhile campaign, not a pleasant way to go getting seperated from your legs i would imagine. Another unpleasant way to go would be getting run over by the back wheels of a truck when you have just slid into that gap behind the front wheels but in front of the back wheels.
    In most of europe and other places they have nerf bars or some other bars to stop that happening. Apparently a high percentage of motorcycle versus truck collisions end with the rider going in that gap, happens to cars too but the driver is in a metal safety box so doesn't suffer so badly.
    When you get those wire ropes removed this might be a worthwhile campaign to get going, get those bars fitted on trucks.

Bike
    Triple Delight
    I was talking to someone at work today, who resides in Wellywood and is not a biker. For some reason the conversation turned to the weather (go figure). I made mention of the weather on Sunday that I saw in the pics posted on from the protest ride.......This bloke knew all about the protest! So well done Wellington. He made a really interesting observation too that I want to share.

With apologies to Dans family and friends, the suggestion was to write to the coroner. His recommendation was Gary Evans, from all accounts not afraid to say what is what and how it is!

I think it is a great idea! Will hunt down some info on contact details, and pot them up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubb View Post
    Nonono,

He rides the Leprachhaun at the end of the Rainbow. Usually goes by the name Anne McMommus

Bike
    None any more
    An essential part of the Stage 2 strategy is to seek out friends and allies, particularly in the non-biker world. Cheesecutter is pretty ineffective/dangerous for larger vehicles. We need to find ways of demonstrating that the stuff is cheap and nasty and not just a problem for bikers. Gary Evans is a great idea. I also have a feeling that Ministers Annette King and Harry Duynhoven are capable of being "turned".
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    Moto Guzzi V7
    I put the petition up at work not much responce, then added the picture of the Falcon that had been cut up by the wires, ( posted picture at Cheesecutters website, with in half an hour the first two pages were full.

As soon as they think it will effect them in a car they soon sign up.

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy
    Quote Originally Posted by WelshWizard View Post
    I put the petition up at work not much responce, then added the picture of the Falcon that had been cut up by the wires, ( posted picture at Cheesecutters website, with in half an hour the first two pages were full.

As soon as they think it will effect them in a car they soon sign up.
    Yes, same here. Make the issue real for cagers and they 'get it'
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    06 GT250R Electric Mango
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    An essential part of the Stage 2 strategy is to seek out friends and allies, particularly in the non-biker world. Cheesecutter is pretty ineffective/dangerous for larger vehicles. We need to find ways of demonstrating that the stuff is cheap and nasty and not just a problem for bikers. Gary Evans is a great idea. I also have a feeling that Ministers Annette King and Harry Duynhoven are capable of being "turned".
    Need someone to approach these guys in Wellington as a potential ally, are you able to Hitcher?
    http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...ad.php?t=60839

If noone does I will make contact with them by email

Bike
    None any more
    Quote Originally Posted by Fub@r View Post
    If noone does I will make contact with them by email
    By all means email and otherwise jostle elected leaders. It's important that they think there is some kind of groundswell happening. But a cunning plan will take this campaign further than unbridled enthusiasm.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    Moto Guzzi V7
    Does any one think its worth while contacting other groups in other countries effected by these cheese cutter barriers with a view to getting a world wide protest ride on the same day, that way the media would have to take notice.

Bike
    After Taupo's ride tomorrow, what is the next step? Yes, we have the petition with the associated attempt to get the public on our side, but I get the distinct impression that apathy will kill this campaign.
    I am seeing our local MP face to face this Friday, but lone calls in the wilderness aren't going to make a lot of impact.
    Is there a mood that might take this to the next level? Like deliberate congesting of major roads at inconvenient times? The French farmers and transport industry sure get their concerns 'aired' publicly.
    It is my feeling that with the rate these fkn things are being installed, we have made no headway at all.
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    2007 CB900
    There is a meeting that has been set up with Transit New Zealand that is happening shortly.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasty View Post
    There is a meeting that has been set up with Transit New Zealand that is happening shortly.
    Then why haven't we been informed of this before? Info like this is critical if collectively or individually we are to be of help. I have sent the latest press release to the NZ Transport Industry email address, asking that they consider supporting our campaign. I feel really strongly about these deathtraps, and thought that I was involved at the Action Committee level, but see no point in doing anything if I for one am kept out of the loop.

Bike
    2007 CB900
    Quote Originally Posted by MSTRS View Post
    Then why haven't we been informed of this before? Info like this is critical if collectively or individually we are to be of help. I have sent the latest press release to the NZ Transport Industry email address, asking that they consider supporting our campaign. I feel really strongly about these deathtraps, and thought that I was involved at the Action Committee level, but see no point in doing anything if I for one am kept out of the loop.
    I have only just heard about this myself. I will speak to those involved and request an update for the site.
    Cheers

Bike
    Thanks Kari - and at the same time, I ask that any one with an idea or update on their activities should post it here. I mean - this is not a secret campaign is it?

Bike
    2007 CB900
    Quote Originally Posted by MSTRS View Post
    Thanks Kari - and at the same time, I ask that any one with an idea or update on their activities should post it here. I mean - this is not a secret campaign is it?
    It most definately should not be a secret campaign ... All should be posted as soon as ideas come to a head.

Thread Information