Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Farkin insurance wan#%ers

Bike
    a red and blue 1 with custom art

letter to insurers

Hi and many thanks i had emailed the repairer but i have had no response from him, the bike is in for repair and is not my fault, the repairs should be carried out in a resonable time, i do not see why the parts cannot be sent by air freight this way the parts would of been here weeks ago, and all repairs would of been efected, and i would of been back on the road.

as i stated the accident was not my fault, your client did the damages to my bike, and it has now been seven weeks since the accident, even allowing for two weeks getting things organised with repaires and parts ect, it still leaves five weeks waiting for parts.

i feel that it was your client that did the damage, and as you his insures, should be making every effort to right his wrong, and get these repairs efected at your cost, this is what your client pays insurance for, as part of his cover and being business insurance, then all the more reason to effect quick and speedy resalution for all partys.

does your client know that you are dragging your heals over the cost of shipping the parts to effect repair ? i am begining to wish the bike had been written off as i could of replaced it within about three weeks importing one from the USA by air frieght.

i look forward to your response

David O`Neill
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00004.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	212.1 KB 
ID:	77790   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00005.JPG 
Views:	11 
Size:	345.8 KB 
ID:	77791   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00006.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	347.2 KB 
ID:	77792   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00007.JPG 
Size:	274.0 KB 
ID:	77793   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00008.JPG 
Size:	315.8 KB 
ID:	77794   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00009.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	306.8 KB 
ID:	77795  
    Last edited by dmouse; 25th November 2007 at 17:51. Reason: added pics
    ride for freedom, ride safe, ride for me, and all the other bikers no longer able to ride

Bike
    Yeah Baby!
    One thing to remember in these cases is you are not bound to claim through your insurance. Once you do though, your insurance pays for everything so there is no point bitching to the third party insurer, they've forgotten all about already.
    Some things are worth dying for, living is one of them.

Bike

bitchin ?

i aint bitchin just dosnt seam like a resonable response and service from a insurance company would you be happy if it was you or your bike ?
    ride for freedom, ride safe, ride for me, and all the other bikers no longer able to ride

Bike
    1991 Yamaha FJ1200
    Nice looking bike there Dave, awesome paint job too. You're right to be passionate about your baby and frustrated with the time it's taking to get it put right. I'm a bit confused though - who is handling the repair - your insurer or the cage driver's?

If it's the cage driver's, get yours to push things through faster. Generally though if you're both insured each side takes care of their own repairs, the not at fault party doesn't pay an excess and they don't chase each other for reimbursement.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt_TG View Post
    Nice looking bike there Dave, awesome paint job too. You're right to be passionate about your baby and frustrated with the time it's taking to get it put right. I'm a bit confused though - who is handling the repair - your insurer or the cage driver's?

If it's the cage driver's, get yours to push things through faster. Generally though if you're both insured each side takes care of their own repairs, the not at fault party doesn't pay an excess and they don't chase each other for reimbursement.
    hi and thanks for the compliment, yes i am passionate about my bike, i have spent a long time getting it to where i wanted it not to mention money, insurance prob is that both parties have differnt companies but there both owned by the same company idc/state ect my company is paying for all repairs and going to claim back from its sister company if that makes sense, but at the end of the day its still does not speed the process along for me the agrieved party to me its just twisting the knife

Bike
    1991 Yamaha FJ1200
    OK, I'll send you a PM mate

Bike
    tedium
    Try the "I'm gonna hire a bike next weekend for such and such a rally and you're paying for it" line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickha
    Fuck off, cheese has no place in pies
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle
    i would could and can, put a fat fuck down with a bit of brass.

Bike

wish

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Try the "I'm gonna hire a bike next weekend for such and such a rally and you're paying for it" line.
    i wish they wont wear it there are no insurance companies in NZ that will give this sort of cover, i have even asked if they would give me cover if it was proven not to be my fault, there in the same club and wont throw a paddle out to there customers, my problem here is that both companies involved are owned by there mother company, NZ needs more competion from outside in the insurance market and it would drive prices down the way it is it sucks bigtime, ive just been told that my parts may not arrive in time for me to get the bike back mid DEC so it could be after the silly season and maybe into the new year before i get my bike back thats far too long

Bike
    Nood Hyosung 2fiddy
    I have claimed for a not at fault accident and made them pay for a rental, also that can't provide estimate for 3 weeks crap? if you walked in to a harley place with some cash I bet $20 bucks they's give you prices for stuff on the spot and place the order then. Help them prioritise you by nicely but firmly making the choice between delaying and doing the job eaisier. If your nice but calling all the time/annoying and getting it done will get rid of you you may have some joy? The downside is having someone pissed off at you working on your ride. Seems like good repairers are few and far between in NZ.
    I'm selling my new riding gear!! Only worn a few times get a deal Kiwibikers!!
    http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...53#post1414653

Bike

who with ?

who do you use for insurance ? my bike was taken from the scene of the accident to the tow yard then by the insurance assesor to Rolling thunder HD dealers, who could not look at it for three weeks, now this was organised by the assesor not me, they were told that three weeks was not acceptable and moved the bike to another CHCH bike repair shop who said they could start it straight way but it will not be ready until mid DEC, i do not know why or what the delay is they wont tell me i have to deal with the insurance as its there job they placed the bike there, shit im only the owner in this, i can bet if the bike was left at the HD shop the parts would of allready been here in nz now it looks like im waiting for a slow boat and i will be off the road until the new year, i have placed a complaint with the ombudsman but i do not hold out much hope there, another member from here is adviseing me and with his help fingers toes and balls crossed i can find out whats happening and with a bit of luck get something to get round on even if only one of them twist n go things but i might look silly in all my leathers ? mind you i might start a new craze lol

i want the same insurance as you i pay $1220 on agreed value of 50k but i dont get the perks that you do why surely this should part of the basic fully comp package its there for cage drivers and its them that cause most of the probs with bikers ??.

it dont figer at all

Bike
    Nood Hyosung 2fiddy
    I'm with NZI but go through North Harbour Insurance Services. They put the hard word in and got the rental for me, they were dealing with whoever insures BP cos my bike got damaged at BP by one of their employees.

I'm bit of a swindler tho, got hit by a car a few months back and got the full cost of my gear and helmet, boots etc out of his company myself even though I don't have contents, gear was between2 and 4 years old and made them replace it with no devaluation. Cashed the $1000 cheque the other day.

I would ask for a reason politely but until I got an answer, why so long? It definatly woudl be too long for me and theres no lack of Harley parts dealers. One of my friends is a warehouse manager and can get most things Harley in days on the plane. The people they deal with don't even have a boat option. Just the next plane from OZ. He said they have a three day turnaround from order to delivery to even little places in NZ.

Bike
    BMW K1200S
    Kick some ass DM, that's total BS mate
    To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and to endure the betrayal of false friends. To appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to leave the world a bit better whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; to know that even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded

Bike
    1991 Yamaha FJ1200
    I've suggested a few things to DM via email, we'll see how it turns out...

Bike
    Nood Hyosung 2fiddy
    Matt good on ya, hope things go well.

Bike
    tedium
    Quote Originally Posted by dmouse View Post
    i wish they wont wear it there are no insurance companies in NZ that will give this sort of cover,
    Yeah, but it's not YOUR insurance providing this cover. It's simply the 3rd party (and therefore their insurance company) meeting their obligation to provide reasonable compensation/expenses for your loss of transport.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickha
    Fuck off, cheese has no place in pies
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle
    i would could and can, put a fat fuck down with a bit of brass.

Thread Information