Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What goes Broom broom nack nack nack -ktishhhhh

Yamahamaman Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by XJ/FROSTY
    its a diesel all right. -fuggit. and someone suggested tossing a petrrolie in it -but I dunno wots involved
    Bugger, I suppose the RUC has expired as well!!!

Bike
    Thinking
    Dont worry XJ mate I will ring you tommorrow with some options, fuck Im tossing up towing it back for you on a trailer behind the Pajero, just not sure when.do you think it would pull it okay ? 2.5lt turbo diesel?
    Ive run out of fucks to give

A 2C,not a bad motor sometimes,but when they go,they go big time - if they break a belt they smash the camshaft into 5 pieces,totaly destroying the cyl head,could that be what happened to yours? The bottom end is tough enough,so another head will go one,but then water pump,tensioner,idler,on and on we go.No second hand heads,they all go the same way,but Toyota are doing very good deals on new heads,$900 I think,but if it's bare then add valves,cam....shit,just dump it.
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

Bike
    Honda PC800
    ok-Im bein serious here motu--
    The motor was running but got bloody hot -The contents of the rad dumped out the bottem in 30 seconds flat. i hauled up as soon as I realised it was cooking.
    I hooked the hose back on and refilled the radiator.
    It got going again but only running on 3 --and very sickly.
    When I opened up the engine cover smoke billowed out.
    There is oil coming out of the head.
    it seems there is a crack in the head. What are the available options as you see em??
    what about welding and planing the head?
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Mayor rant here.
    It seems my van was patched up for sale by some unscrupulous sort person and basicly the motor is FUCKED.
    Yep 2 grand down the drain.
    I have the choice-put a new head on it and hope for the best -$2200 and change.
    Replace the motor -$1800 for a second hand motor pluss fitting.
    Give up and buy another van will only be about $2000 -
    FUCK FUCK FUCK
    Not wishing to "sink the slipper in" here but wasn't it a faulty temp. sender unit followed by a split/blown off radiator hose the caused overheating that caused you engine to "expire"?

Try Buy/Sell/Exchange in case there is a good deal for a head/whole engine, having said that I guess there is also the inconvenience/time factor too with whatever action you take
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    Riffer

i wouldnt

Quote Originally Posted by scumdog

Try Buy/Sell/Exchange in case there is a good deal for a head/whole engine, having said that I guess there is also the inconvenience/time factor too with whatever action you take
    if theres one in there you gotta ask your self why. is it a lemon too. dont get bitten again bro.

The 1C and 2C have an alloy head and are prone to cracking,also going soft,so it may not be repairable,new heads are in the $1000 range,they want too much for a second hand one considering you have to crack test and machine anyway.An engine is $1600 to $1800 depending on model,a cambelt,tensioners and water pump is manditory for these things so we are getting up to twice your investment to get back on the road.Start or crank it with the rad cap off and water in - if you get a geyser it's running on 3 from a headgasket or cracked head,if it doesn't pump water out it will be a piston.

I presume if it's a Townace it will have a 2C,if a Hi Ace it will be a 2L.Here is a diesel Corona,same basic motor.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...n-18860856.htm
    Waging war with society

Bike
    Honda PC800
    hang on a mo Motu --Um it ain't a townace> Its a 1991 Isuzu fargo which is a 2.4 diesel -I was told but I dunno if its true that its got an iron head on it.
    I'm trying to get the bloody thing up here to auckland.
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Uh oh,it's just I thought in one of your earlier posts you were talking about a Townace.A F F Fargo you say? Not common,but fairly robust and expensive to repair to boot.Access is miminal,as I'm sure you know - I have never had to pull one down,so that may be something...but I have a totaly knackered camshaft leaning against my office door we pulled out of one.Most iron heads go to Wellsford for welding repairs,but there is someone in Auckland who does them (not Jennings,they send to Wellsford) a head repair will set you back at least $500,looking for another head could be the go - I got the cam a couple of months ago from the guys in Angle St Onehunga,maybe the head it came out of is still good? Give me the engine code and I'll ask tomorrow - 4JGf or something like that.
    Waging war with society

Bike
    Honda PC800
    As soon as the bloody thing turns up here Ill let ya know Motu.

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Ok good news is my van has arrived safe and sound-well as sound as it was anyhoo. I've had it deposited so close to the workshop I can risk a midnight run up to there with the bike.

Bike
    Austrian and Italian
    Ok good news is my van has arrived safe and sound-well as sound as it was anyhoo. I've had it deposited so close to the workshop I can risk a midnight run up to there with the bike.
    Biff the gsx's engine in the van. It'll probably go better. The vans probably lighter too

Bike
    Aquired by locals
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Biff the gsx's engine in the van. It'll probably go better. The vans probably lighter too
    Ahh, lots of work involved.

Frosty, Im not too sure on how van motors work but Ill check up on some straight engine replacements for ya

SG
    To every man upon this earth
    Death cometh sooner or late
    And how can a man die better
    Than facing fearful odds
    For the ashes of his fathers
    And the temples of his Gods

Bike
    2008 Kettweisel Style.

Arrow bugger

Yep Frostys race van --somewhere 15-20km south of cambridge.
    On the way to taupo it ran fantastic but pulling into taupo the temp dropped off the botom of the scale. fearing the worst I checked and found a broken connector on the temperature probe.
    Ahh well --Ill fix that when I get back home I thought.
    Little did I know lying in wait for me was a very old rottensection of heater hose. It chose 11pm at night -waaay out in the boonies to fly to pieces.
    For the record Sidi race verts are excruciating to walk in after 2km
    My spyke gear aint too bad but then again I've never needed to walk that far
    Those who insist on perfect safety, don't have the balls to live in the real world.

Thread Information