Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Info on Skelstar

Bike
    Yeah Baby!
    Just got off the phone with Mel and she reports no change overnight which is a very good thing.

He's currently in a stable condition in Hutt Hospitals ICU unit, although he is still unconsious. The doctors have not yet decided when they intend to wake him up.

The ICU is closed for visits between 2 and 4pm each day and Mel has asked you not visit first thing this morning as the family want to spend some time with him.

If you visit him, and want somewhere to let everybody know how he is you can this thread.

Again, if you need more info then PM Deano, Darkman or myself.

----- 09:39am 25th -----
    Mel's just txt'd me that he's waking up all by himself.

Fantastic news.

----- 09:57am 25th -----
    Well he's awake, a "bit" groggy and hates the breathing tube. All good news.

I guess he'll be like this for a while now. If anything changes I'll let you guys know.

----- 12:52pm 25th -----
    Cheers T.

Mel just txt'd and said today is not a good day. He's having another CT scan, I imagine this will be quite tiring for him since he's awake.

So please if you get this in time please hold off till tomoorow any plans to visit.

If anything changes I'll let you guys know.

----- 13:50pm 25th -----
    Pretty good results from the the CT scan with nothing too worrying there.

He's asleep now and the doctors have asked now to keep visitors to family only.

Looks like his SHOEI X-ELEVEN Kagayama (in red) did the trick.

----- 10:38am 26th -----
    Sean's much more responsive this morning and the Doctors say this is a good sign.

They expect to remove the ventilator this morning.

His dad's asked to hold off visiting Sean till 5-6pm tonight, Seans's very tired and visiting is a bit of a strain. Would be good to leave this to his closer friends today.

But feel free to call into the ICU to visit Mel and Sean's family anytime. Swiss chocolates were mentioned as an ideal gift.

----- 05:30pm 27th -----
    Well he's talking to Mel now, just a bit. But small steps.

Apparently they left his contacts in a few days too long, before they noticed them, must have used the non tinted ones that day. I wonder how much of the grunting and nodding he's done over the last few days was "get my bloody contacts out"!

Sean's dad rang before to ask that we leave visiting to Saturday as he's going into surgery tomorrow for about 5 hours and he'll be in recovery till Friday.

He said feel free to show up anytime Saturday, but if it gets too much they may have to throttle back a bit on the visiting.

----- 09:31am 28th-----
    Latest info that Sean's dad has asked me to pass on to y'all.

"Good day yesterday, some whispered talking, all making sense. Still in ICU but probably into ortho ward tomorrow. Leg Doctor explained fractures and remedial approach - screws and plates and he was very reassuring - no problems anticipated but some risks - infection and clots. Goes to theatre about midday for 5-6 hours. Tomorrow will likely be a quiet one recovering. Expect him to pick up Saturday and welcome visitors in small numbers. Would love to to see you anytime but you might not see Sean. Thanks for your support. Merv"

----- 11:01am 28th -----
    Ok I have to do it, I tried to resist, but it was all too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Grub View Post

While we were there Sean's mum came running out to say that Sean was talking - and making sense! It was a special moment for the three of them and we were priviledged to be there.
    Indeed, a special moment is Skeltars life.

----- 01:51pm 28th -----
    Quote Originally Posted by Lissa View Post
    Well you can all forget about my post last night. What a difference a day makes. As I still have not charged up my phone I just popped in here to give you all some good news.

He is VERY alert and talking ALOT today. When I told him that he had been in a bike accident on the takas he smiled and looked at me and called me a nob, as if HE would have a bike accident! Doesnt believe me at all. I asked him if he would like visitors at some stage (after operation) and he does, so I asked how many he would like, he replied 5 million, so I guess hes going to be slightly disappointed with that. He put his arm around me and rubbed my back... sweetie. Anyhow... hes a little confused, wanted to go off to a conference this week he said, when I told he couldnt, he just said "we will see". Think hes having me on a bit. So good news aye!!

Oh and I told him that cowpoos wanted me to give him a hug from him, so he said "well do it then" so I did and it hurt, so good on ya Ryan, hurting my man like that

Will answer txt etc when I get it charged. Have loads of work to do (at work atm) and I might stay over here tonight and come over in the morning to see him.
    Some things are worth dying for, living is one of them.

Thank you very much for this.

Bike
    Fatbob
    pass on my thoughts ... shit news, get better skel*

Bike
    Yeah Baby!
    Mel's just txt'd me that he's waking up all by himself.

Fantastic news.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Four
    OMG I'm feeling sick to my stomach.

I've been away all weekend, so knew nothing of this!

All my thoughts of speedy recovery. I wish I was down the line to come and say Hi
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Time to cut out the "holier/more enlightened than thou" bullshit and the "slut" comments and let people live honestly how they like providing they're not harming themselves or others in the process.

Bike
    Yeah Baby!
    Well he's awake, a "bit" groggy and hates the breathing tube. All good news.

I guess he'll be like this for a while now. If anything changes I'll let you guys know.

Bike
    Best Bitza Bucket 2008 BoB
    Blog Entries
    That's encouraging news.
    Like 007 I've been feeling a bit sick as well. Having been in a similar situation to Skel I really feel for him.
    All the best mate, our thoughts are with you!

Bike
    Triumph Tiger 800
    Hadnt been on KB yesterday, saw the article in the Dom this morning and thought holy crap, hope it wasnt....but.....
    All the best with the recovery Skel, my thoughts are with you, and those that are close to you
    Experience......something you get just after you needed it

Bike
    Thank f*ck for that. Hopefully his full recovery will be just as quick. Thanks for the update FJ. He'll be getting no hugs from me for a long time...
    They shall not grow old as we that are left grow old.
    Age shall not weary them nor the years condemn.
    At the going down of the sun and in the evening,
    we will remember them

Bike
    Raleigh Twenty
    Quote Originally Posted by Colapop View Post
    Thank f*ck for that. Hopefully his full recovery will be just as quick. Thanks for the update FJ. He'll be getting no hugs from me for a long time...
    +1

My thoughts exactly
    Two Words - Denny Crane

Bike
    02' ZX6R
    Good to hear he is awake I don't know what happened and don't care so long as he gets better Glad to hear he is awake and please pass on best wishes!!
    Need something to do when not riding??? Come and learn to dance with us at www.cerocstars.co.nz

Bike
    Suzuki A50
    Get well soon mate. (even tho i dont think i have met you)

Bike
    Aprilia Falco, K100 Project
    Blog Entries
    Fatjim for a star for relaying the info as it comes to hand. Legend there mate!

Wasnt the news anyone wanted and for me on my wedding aniversary it did put a bit of a damper on it when I heard about it. Got a couple of calls after the news it was an Aprilia that went down came out to see if it was me & then was the waiting for news period. Urgh!!

Skels..you work hard on getting yourself better. Im so glad to hear that you are going to be around with us for a while longer.
    Might put a damper on your post count here on KB for a while! Then it may increase it!

Just shout out you people that are a lot closer to this than me if there anything that needs to be done and Im there in a flash!
    May the road rise up to meet you.
    May the wind be always at your back.
    May the sun shine warm upon your face.

Bike
    2005 Firestorm
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sully60 View Post
    That's encouraging news.
    Like 007 I've been feeling a bit sick as well. Having been in a similar situation to Skel I really feel for him.
    All the best mate, our thoughts are with you!
    +1

My thoughts with Mel, family and other mates too!

Sooo pleased to hear you woke up by yourself S and are annoyed by that tube...very good sign.

Thanks for keeping us updated Fatjim - it really does help keep the butterflies under a bit of control.

Bike
    Hornet 900
    That is excellent news, thanks for the update.

Best wishes to you again Sean, will come see you soon.

Thread Information