Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Be Nice to Frosty Day"

Bike
    '02 ZX6R
    Quote Originally Posted by Motu
    keep the dreams,the reality is a nightmare.

Yeah Motu I have to agree. I've come out on the wrong side cost-wise mostly but overall the satisfaction I get from it, and the fun I have working and then using the bikes, is worth it. It's a value I attch to a hobby and any hobby costs you something.Certainly wouldn't attempt to do it as a money-making venture. Biggest trap is to use retail prices as your benchmark e.g. buying the (hypothetical) R1 you mentioned at "half retail". Private sellers don't get retail, and mostly these bikes been de-registered and so they always have a certain stigma ("accident damaged") attached to them which diminishes their value further. Add to that that it is hard to bring an extensively damaged bike back to 100% and it is a very hazardous process...but there is fun to be had if you like to tinker
    Kerry

Bike
    2001 RC46
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kerryg
    It has bad karma (you were pre-destined not to own it) and probably would have killed you if you got it
    Yeah, there is that.
    One very good reason for me not buying the VFR and fixing it up was that it was a very lazy bike, and habitually (even before I bought it) seemed to want to lie down for a wee rest. It had (badly repaired) crash damage when I bought it, and I managed to crash it 4 times. Furthermore, there were several other occasions when it tried to lie down, including once in the gargre and once when it fell on my father-in-law's car, when stationary!

My wife reckoned it was dangerous because it was black, and wouldn't let me even look at other bikes that were a remotely similar colour.

Me - I reckon it probably needed exorcising. Too much bad karma / mojo / dark voodoo magic.

And for all those naysayers: it wasn't just me. I had not a single bit of trouble with all the other bikes I've owned, apart from locking up the front end on the FahrtSturm (which was hamfistedness/stupidity), and my very first bike, which I bought from a lady who had a VERY bad accident on it. Evil voodoo/mojo/karma on that one too...
    ... and that's what I think.

Or summat.

Or maybe not...

Dunno really....

Bike
    1996 Yamaha SRV250
    Quote Originally Posted by firestormer
    And for all those naysayers: it wasn't just me. I had not a single bit of trouble with all the other bikes I've owned, apart from locking up the front end on the FahrtSturm (which was hamfistedness/stupidity), and my very first bike, which I bought from a lady who had a VERY bad accident on it. Evil voodoo/mojo/karma on that one too...
    You've only had 3 bikes though, right? [j/k]

I definitely think that the Bad Karma thing is true... Same goes for boats.

Yokai
    Yokai - bendamindaday

Bike
    Triumph Tiger 800
    Quote Originally Posted by XJ/FROSTY
    B#$#$# F^%$%$%$%$ S%$%$#%$%$%$ --Turners Auctions --Fleas in their armpits -No thats too bloody good for em.
    11 am they told me -- FUCKING 11AM -- Not 1050 am
    I phoned em twice to bloody confirm
    Now some frigging old fart has got MY BIKE
    and he got it dirt cheap
    Mate, it might seem bad now but if it wasnt meant to be then let it go. What is meant to be will be just around the corner..........

Thread Information