Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Christchurch has a new bike dealership

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Do Triumph have dealerships? Not sure I've stepped into one having had two over 8 years.

Is that where new ones come from? I did wonder.

I was always told that when a mummy and daddy who love each other very much- And were married, ideally in a 1/2 Lutheran branch paedophile church- have a special cuddle. . . A new Triumph is born. In the image of John Bloor.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    A lot of folk who buy Royal Enfield Himalayas were potential sports bike folk decades ago, but are now looking for more mature options.

...they must have bashed their potential, brains out then...

Bike
    2015 Aprilia Tuono Factory
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Casbolts took MV off FE some time back - 2016 I think.

Be interested to see how it goes with CMG - got the car funding behind them as did Avon City Suzuki/BMW when they started and they are still doing well by all accounts.
    Casbolts didn't take MV, FE got rid of it after the NZ agents inability to supply parts for warranty claims. FE took MV back after strong negotiations. CMG did get the Aprilia dealership off of FE, but they aren't bike people, I won't take my Aprilia there.

Cheers

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by dangerous View Post
    Well, yet again big changes... just after we get used to Avon City Ford being a Suzuki dealer, I find out there is about to be a bloody big new HONDA dealer.

They will be selling all things Honda from a lawn mower to a 4x4 and CBR1000, and Casbolts will remain with Honda too, LOL good luck there.
    Changes have already started, and it will be good to see one of ChCh's origional Honda dealers back.
    oh is hollands still suzuki hope so was my fav honda dealer back in the day.

good news downn there love to back living there. enjoyed my vist in march. alot have take family back this year.

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerous View Post
    Blue Wing is the NZ importer.. you are thinking of Whiting Honda, and no it ait them
    was three hollands honda shakespear road whitings in manchester street shop be demolished i assume (quakes)
    and casbolts. oh hornby honda too. thought hollands gone to cars by then

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by actungbaby View Post
    was three hollands honda shakespear road whitings in manchester street shop be demolished i assume (quakes)
    and casbolts. oh hornby honda too. thought hollands gone to cars by then
    Yes the old Whitings shop in Manchester st was demolished after the EQ's but Whitings had ceased trading long before and all the stock and all the spares had gone "somewhere".

https://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/s...shop-nostalgia
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    I hope CMG is able to avoid the pitfalls Jeff Grays had with the motorcycle franchise. Looks like CMG is running it on a different model.

Trying to run a motorcycle business is very different from running a car business. The riders are very emotionally invested in their bikes, more so than car drivers. At Jeff Grays, they banned owners from having contact with the guy who actually worked on the bike. You had to deal through a Customer Services Agent. Leaving a lot of BMW bike owners fairly disenfranchised.

There were other issues too, but I'll let that lie. In summary, just have to say that car dealers face challenges with being good motorcycle retailers.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    I hope CMG is able to avoid the pitfalls Jeff Grays had with the motorcycle franchise. Looks like CMG is running it on a different model.

Trying to run a motorcycle business is very different from running a car business. The riders are very emotionally invested in their bikes, more so than car drivers. At Jeff Grays, they banned owners from having contact with the guy who actually worked on the bike. You had to deal through a Customer Services Agent. Leaving a lot of BMW bike owners fairly disenfranchised.

There were other issues too, but I'll let that lie. In summary, just have to say that car dealers face challenges with being good motorcycle retailers.
    the other thing that BMW does is they don't want owners to do or know anything about the mechanics of their vehicle. Just as an example, I am told that their engines don't have dipsticks to check engine oil, and the bonnets are deliberately insanely difficult to open "no user serviceable parts inside".

motorbike people are very invested (as you say above) in the mechanical aspects of the vehicle. In fact thats one of the reasons I like them so much I think - especially old ones - you can see the bits that make it go, which is pleasing.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Neinundertinker.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Thread Information