Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SV 1000 v VTR 1000

Bike
    GSX-R 750 K6

SV 1000 v VTR 1000

I am now in the market for a replacement to my beloved VFR 800. Thinking of these two bikes. I like the look of the SV been a more upto date look, with better brakes, but does it last like the VTR? Who as had both and which did you like the best? Any comments will be great thank you very much.
    Cheers
    Supersonic

Bike
    '14 Multistrada 1200S
    i know one thing, if you're not gentle with a VTR you can empty its tank in well under 200km
    F M S

Bike
    2014 Honda VFR1200F
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by yod View Post
    i know one thing, if you're not gentle with a VTR you can empty its tank in well under 200km
    & the Suzuki would be any better ??
    bikes and babes are best naked

Quote Originally Posted by oldguy View Post
    MONEYI don't have any
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom View Post
    I found I had a fluffy seam when my crotch got wet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lula View Post
    Pussy forget about him.

Bike
    GSF1200sk3, DR650k6
    Blog Entries
    water pump seal will pack up on the sv .
    the vtr will be a better bike
    so long as you dont mind looking a bit ....ghey

Bike
    '14 Multistrada 1200S
    Quote Originally Posted by jafar View Post
    & the Suzuki would be any better ??
    oh no, not my point at all

i have no experience with the SV - i just know a guy with a VTR

we both filled up in Ngatea, i made it to turangi with a couple of litres to spare

he filled up in putaruru and still ran dry about 20km short of turangi

but thats a big twin for ya

(and the tank isnt that big)
    F M S

Bike
    Various
    Have you ridden either?
    Personally I would go for the VFR over either the SV or VTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank
    You say "no one wants to fuck with some large bloke on a really angry sounding bike" but the truth of the matter is that you are a balding middle-aged ice-cream seller from Edgecume who wears a hello kitty t-shirt (in your profile pic) and your angry sounding bike is a fucken hyoshit - not some big assed harley with a human skull on the front.

Bike
    99 RSV Matte Mille, Bus 150 & 121
    Talk to Fatjim, hes has/had both. Think he prefers the SV but tech rates the CB900 Hornet over both and he doesn't seem to muck around.

Bike
    2001 RC46
    Blog Entries
    See my post in your other thread. VFR800 is more betterer than the VTR (I've owned both, and ridden lots of both models), and I reckon the SV would be better than the VTR, even though I've never ridden one.
    Yeah, I'm a traitor to Honda, but "Fuck'em!", I say.

It's my word of the day, for some reason. Mebbe it's the weather. Or the whether. Of that horrible bedraggled wether. Hoo nose....
    ... and that's what I think.

Or summat.

Or maybe not...

Dunno really....

Bike
    2013 EX300SE
    You'll just have to get a ride on each of them, and see what suits you best.

Bike
    2012 Victory Vegas Zach Ness
    I have the VTR1000F, my riding mate the SV1000. Both good bikes but VTR1000 would be my strong preference. If you are considering the naked version SV1000, the wind blast over 100km/hr becomes an issue (for me) on longer trips not forgetting a less comfortable seat.
    His bike is reving higher with 5 not 6 gears when cruising. Test ride them both and you decide. Happy riding.

Bike
    PopTart Katoona
    Blog Entries
    I feel sorry for the VTR - there is nothing wrong with it. But at the same time i feel it was the ignored son of honda. They just bolted parts together when making it, no effort involved. Then they didn't bother to upgrade it as the years went on.
    That being said buy the SV - it has clean lines, good motor, good sound and enough trick parts to make boy racers jealous.
    Reactor Online. Sensors Online. Weapons Online. All Systems Nominal.

Bike
    Yeah Baby!
    If you're going to do the k's I'd buy the VTR. Spend some money of the front forks and the shock, get some sintered pads and some loud cans.

You'd have to do the same for the SV anyway, but the VTR will last longer.

In my opinion the VTR pisses all over the SV in terms of

engine smoothness
    comfort
    reliability
    service intervals
    clutch
    tank milage
    finish
    Some things are worth dying for, living is one of them.

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    There both fuckin ugly but after many bikes in my time after riding a mates SV i can say that it would have to be the most uncomfortable way to spend time on 2 wheels i ever come across.
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Bike
    Several
    I'd say you be disappointed with both of these bikes after the VFR. Both are built to a price and neither has the good design of the VFR.

I've had a VTR - the engine is good but its a poorly designed bike. Tank range is crap. Its front suspension is crap. Brakes are average (I had to upgrade mine). It looks shite. I could never get on with the way it steered and hated the back wheel locking when I changed down on the brakes... Whilst I had the VTR (2 years) I bought a CBR600 and I never rode the VTR again... I traded it for a 929 Blade... The difference between these 2 bikes and the VTR was huge. Honda can make good bikes but the VTR isn't one of them...

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    Quote Originally Posted by Mort View Post
    I'd say you be disappointed with both of these bikes after the VFR. Both are built to a price and neither has the good design of the VFR.

I've had a VTR - the engine is good but its a poorly designed bike. Tank range is crap. Its front suspension is crap. Brakes are average (I had to upgrade mine). It looks shite. I could never get on with the way it steered and hated the back wheel locking when I changed down on the brakes... Whilst I had the VTR (2 years) I bought a CBR600 and I never rode the VTR again... I traded it for a 929 Blade... The difference between these 2 bikes and the VTR was huge. Honda can make good bikes but the VTR isn't one of them...
    I dislike VTRs myself but for someone who "hated the back wheel locking when i changed down on the brakes" to say that a VTR isnt a good motorcycle is quite a statement.All its suspenders are crap but easily fixed,tank range in the first ones was sad but once again easily fixed..which Honda themselves did.Yes theres a huge difference between the 3 bikes you mention....go figure.Elighten as to why you changed the brakes?
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Thread Information