Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Score 10 points for BADD

Bike
    BMW R1200RT
    Quote Originally Posted by madbikeboy View Post
    Yeah, I was well pleased to get the call. I've been debating putting his number plate up here - is that against the privacy laws?
    It wouldn't be against the law to post the plate. Number plates are a matter of public record.

-------------------------

As an aside. Why am I not entirely surprised to hear he was driving a Legacy?

Bike
    Bikes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Forest View Post
    It wouldn't be against the law to post the plate. Number plates are a matter of public record.
    The law is a complicated beast though, aren't there things like intent that are looked at in a case like that?

Heh yeah, if you want the fastest car on the road, buy a Legacy during ski season

Bike
    A slow old Bus.a.
    Blog Entries

-------------------------

Hmm, there is something about legacy's that make people lower their seat, wear ugly baggy pants, and a baseball cap backwards... Or they're rednecks.
    It’s diametrically opposed to the sanitised existence of the Lemmings around me in the Dilbert Cartoon hell I live in; it’s life at full volume, perfect colour with high resolution and 10,000 watts of amplification.

Bike
    Nada

Thumbs up

Onya mate...my friends and family appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by Imanoobie2 View Post
    ...*222 is the AA's number.
    Mate that's either a funny or ironic as hell

Bike
    An old slow red one!!
    Hmm, there is something about legacy's that make people lower their seat, wear ugly baggy pants, and a baseball cap backwards... Or they're rednecks.
    Oi I drove a modified Legacy for years (until last week actually) and I am sure that I didn't have a lowered seat, and wear a baseball cap backwards.... although I am probably guilty of wearing ugly baggy pants and having pink fluffy dice in the windscreen as a dare from my son. So what generalisation / conclusions do you make there I wonder?

and / or

Follow me on Facebook

A husband is someone who, after taking the trash out, gives the impression that he just cleaned the whole house.

Bike
    A slow old Bus.a.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Her_B4 View Post
    Oi I drove a modified Legacy for years (until last week actually) and I am sure that I didn't have a lowered seat, and wear a baseball cap backwards.... although I am probably guilty of wearing ugly baggy pants and having pink fluffy dice in the windscreen as a dare from my son. So what generalisation / conclusions do you make there I wonder?
    Before I get another demerit from you, generalisations are fun because they bring a mental image that we can (mostly) identify with. If you lived on Auckland's north shore, you'd smile at my finger pointing, because there is a modicum of truth. Living in Welly is different, more civilised somehow. In Minneapolis (the cultural capital of the world - Tui), a woman driving a legacy wagon would have the same sort of questions of her sexuality that a male living in Ponsonby driving a TT, and wearing pink shirts.

Fluffy? Dice???

And you ride a Duc?
    It’s diametrically opposed to the sanitised existence of the Lemmings around me in the Dilbert Cartoon hell I live in; it’s life at full volume, perfect colour with high resolution and 10,000 watts of amplification.

Bike
    An old slow red one!!
    Before I get another demerit from you, generalisations are fun because they bring a mental image that we can (mostly) identify with. If you lived on Auckland's north shore, you'd smile at my finger pointing, because there is a modicum of truth. Living in Welly is different, more civilised somehow. In Minneapolis (the cultural capital of the world - Tui), a woman driving a legacy wagon would have the same sort of questions of her sexuality that a male living in Ponsonby driving a TT, and wearing pink shirts.

Fluffy? Dice???

And you ride a Duc?
    Ha ha ha - another demerit? I wasn't aware that I had ever given anyone any over all the time I had been on this site?? Must have been important to me

YES! fluffy dice - big pink fluffy ones that my elder son bought me as a joke and dared me to put them in the car - so I did! They are (were) great. Excellent talking point and great reaction from people.

Not sure what you meant by the fluffy dice / 1098 reference?

and / or

Follow me on Facebook

A husband is someone who, after taking the trash out, gives the impression that he just cleaned the whole house.

Bike
    An old slow red one!!
    Oh and PS.

Damned fine work in calling it in - the more proactive we all are the more peoples lives we can potentially save.

and / or

Follow me on Facebook

Bike
    A slow old Bus.a.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Her_B4 View Post
    Ha ha ha - another demerit? I wasn't aware that I had ever given anyone any over all the time I had been on this site?? Must have been important to me

YES! fluffy dice - big pink fluffy ones that my elder son bought me as a joke and dared me to put them in the car - so I did! They are (were) great. Excellent talking point and great reaction from people.

Not sure what you meant by the fluffy dice / 1098 reference?
    Ignoring site ettiquite - Jan of this year. It's my only one, so it's special in a warm fluffy bunny rabbit kind of way... Tui.

Your avatar is a 1098 - it just seems incongruous that a red Ducati owner (peak of style and class) would own fluffy dice (the opposite of style and class)... Does your son ride too? There's a dilemma, and I'm about to start something here, but if (when???? meaning is there a woman out there willing to bred considering my pool gene pool???) I have a son, I'm not sure I'd let him ride. Nor would I let my daughter ride pillion on some bikers bitch pad. Why?? the biker might be a hoon. Like me...

Bike
    An old slow red one!!
    Ignoring site ettiquite - Jan of this year. It's my only one, so it's special in a warm fluffy bunny rabbit kind of way... Tui.

Your avatar is a 1098 - it just seems incongruous that a red Ducati owner (peak of style and class) would own fluffy dice (the opposite of style and class)... Does your son ride too? There's a dilemma, and I'm about to start something here, but if (when???? meaning is there a woman out there willing to bred considering my pool gene pool???) I have a son, I'm not sure I'd let him ride. Nor would I let my daughter ride pillion on some bikers bitch pad. Why?? the biker might be a hoon. Like me...
    Ohhh ok -I thought you were referring to red rep - not my brief foray into moderating.

I am the queen of incongruity purposefully. I hate to be predictable (which of course means that my actions behaviours are entirely predictable to those that know me - reverse psychology ).

Yes my elder son does ride, and I assure you that he would be astounded at your comment regarding 'letting him ride'. ha ha ha in fact I believe I shall share that with him this evening...

and / or

Follow me on Facebook

Bike
    Noire

Psst

so dude, do you get notified of the outcome in the end? Do you have to write out a statement, are you required to appear at court, or do the Police take over from the point of catching drunk driving legacy guy? Im interested how the process of this all goes. Pm if you like
    ter·ra in·cog·ni·ta
    Achievement is not always success while reputed failure often is. It is honest endeavor, persistent effort to do the best possible under any and all circumstances.
    Orison Swett Marden

Bike
    A slow old Bus.a.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Guzzi Widow View Post
    so dude, do you get notified of the outcome in the end? Do you have to write out a statement, are you required to appear at court, or do the Police take over from the point of catching drunk driving legacy guy? Im interested how the process of this all goes. Pm if you like
    Hey, how are you doing? I think, and I may be wrong about this, the Police don't care how he was driving before, or where he was driving, because as soon as they take the evidentiary blood test, then that's all that is needed to bust Mr A Hole drunk guy. I think if there was an accident, then all the witness statements are taken into account. I was giving a commentary as I followed drunk guy, so they've got that as record.

BTW, I went to jump out at some lights, the lights changed before I could - but the person on the *555 said it was up to me if I wanted to do it. Kind of good to know.

The arresting officer was an older guy, (sarge?), and in the brief minute of chat, he seemed pretty calm about it, seen it all before too many times type stuff.

So, if what the people on this thread have said is true, and that 50% of people on that stretch of road are drunk after dark, then the drunk driving message is certainly not getting through.

Bike
    Noire
    Interesting points, and if that comment - based on an unresearched statistical assumption of 50% of drivers are drunk along that stretch of road is true, Id have to wonder why the cops arent sitting there ready to bust easy targets? Half their job is done - one would think.

And your right the message does not get through, every section of society drinks and drives, its upto good people that know better to take responsibilty for the ones that are not in a postion to know better, and take steps to prevent the carnage, lead by example. Making a decision just like you chose to, to prevent legacy guy to be removed from oncoming traffic.Too easy. Well done
    ter·ra in·cog·ni·ta
    Achievement is not always success while reputed failure often is. It is honest endeavor, persistent effort to do the best possible under any and all circumstances.
    Orison Swett Marden

Thread Information