Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: m109r goes down on HW22

Bike
    Ducati V4S Streetfighter
    Blog Entries

A big thankyou to all of you.

Quote Originally Posted by bmz2 View Post
    Toasters update, he is on the mend....
    Thanks especially to bmz and my fellow cruiser riders for being there for me and helping me in my time of need so far from home and help. Also a big thanks to all my biker brethren and sisters who took the time and effort to visit, contact me and send well wishes.

I can't be thankful enough that I am still here to see my family and friends again. I don't recall much of the day-ride or even the days following, more like photo shot memories.

Apparently a sheep ran out on a corner as I came around but double-backed on me as I tried to avoid it. Fortunately I managed to bleed off enough speed to impact at a relatively slow speed after the front locked up. Yet the score ended at Sheep 1, Toaster 0.

I have not seen my bike (excluding the pics) but obviously all my riding gear was destroyed - but it did its job saving my life and also from more serious injury and that is the main thing.

As far as injuries go I suffered concussion, some slipped disks and joints in my lower and upper back, a few broken ribs, heavy bruising to my right shoulder, hip/butt, leg and left wrist (now I think my watch strap caused that.....hmmmm....). While at Waikato Hospital I suffered a PE (clot in the lung) so am being treated for that for the next 3-6 months to hopefully prevent a major clot having its wicked way with me.

I feel like I have had more drugs in me than a p-lab and tinnie house on the corner of Amsterdams red-light district. Why is it them medical people kept sticking things up my bum I don't know.

I guess time will tell as to what will become of my bike. Sadly Di had been thinking of getting gear and going pillion prior to last Sunday's events... but is now dead-set against me riding ever again, especially with a young family. Understandable she would feel that way in the circumstances.

Time will heal, time will tell.

Thankyou all. Ride to survive.
    Cam "Toaster" Brooks.

Bike
    2013 ZX14R SE
    Glad to hear your on the mend mate.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by Toaster View Post
    Why is it them medical people kept sticking things up my bum I don't know.
    They really need to, they just enjoy it....do you feel violated?...

Bike
    06 Bandit GSF 1200SK6
    Those damn sheep are getting up the count against us bikers Cam

damn glad your here to tell us about it though, Heal fast mate
    Have to Karma ... Justice catches up eventually !!

Bike
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R750 K6
    Great to see you posting again, Cam
    There was probably no real requirement for butt administered medication, the hospital people were probably just having a bit of fun
    Get well soon, mate
    Cheers
    Member, sem fiddy appreciation society

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    I find it ironic that the incredibly rude personal comments about Les were made by someone bearing an astonishing resemblance to a Monica Lewinsky dress accessory.

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    All was good until I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable after a while

Bike
    FJR 1300
    Bummer about the off, Heal quick, and turn the sheep magnet off on country roads.

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    Quote Originally Posted by Toaster View Post
    dead-set against me riding ever again
    Arrrghhh!

Bloody women.

We get on the bike knowing the risks, knowing that we're rolling the dice and happy to do so, but somehow, females seem to have a special knack with the ridiculous argument that goes:

A. You've just crashed, and I either:
    (a) had no idea that that was a possibility; or

(b) had no idea that if that happened you'd get hurt, not to mention that

B. The fact that you have crashed makes me think that you are more, rather than less, likely to crash again in the future.

Of course, they're completely unreceptive to any attempts to point out the idiocy of A or the fallacy of B.

I'm afraid I grow rather exercised when this topic comes up. No disrespect intended to your good lady, Toaster. It's just that I've run into the same thing and know the frustration of dealing with such irrationality. I've no patience with women who hide behind their volatile emotions.

Here's hoping that you and the missus come to a satisfactory compromise that doesn't force you to choose between her and the bike, and here's doubly hoping that your various bumps and bangs heal up nice and quick.

kiwibiker is full of love, an disrespect.
    - mikey

Bike
    99 RSV Matte Mille, Bus 150 & 121
    Good to see you posting again T. Yeah, funny how those about you assume you're going to give up the riding lark... and are surprised when you tell them otherwise.

Bike
    2014 Honda VFR1200F
    Blog Entries

Toaster

Mate sorry to hear what happened, there are however a few questions that need to be addressed.
    1/What were you doing on 22 without me in the first place?
    2/Is the 'commando' sheep that tried so valiantly to make your life even more miserable than it already was ok?
    3/Did flossy put her up to it?
    4/Are you sure this wasn't just Blane trying to get his fingers on the other evil twin??

p/t
    bikes and babes are best naked

Quote Originally Posted by oldguy View Post
    MONEYI don't have any
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom View Post
    I found I had a fluffy seam when my crotch got wet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lula View Post
    Pussy forget about him.

Bike
    Ducati V4S Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jafar View Post
    Mate sorry to hear what happened, there are however a few questions that need to be addressed.
    1/What were you doing on 22 without me in the first place?
    2/Is the 'commando' sheep that tried so valiantly to make your life even more miserable than it already was ok?
    3/Did flossy put her up to it?
    4/Are you sure this wasn't just Blane trying to get his fingers on the other evil twin??
    p/t
    Answers to above questions:
    1. You left the sodding country just before I finally made it to 22!! Hopefully both myself and the bike will be up and running by the time you are back mate.

2. It's the one that got away. I sacrificed my arse for the sake of someones future woolly jumper.

3. Probably... flossy and I broke up over a lack of green pasture. She is bitter.

4. bmz and I are close mates but not THAT close!!!! Although he does like to wear them fingerless gloves... hmmmmm....

Bike
    Ducati V4S Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Thanks all for all your comments.... really appreciate it. I seem to be healing up fast so I hope that trend continues.

Bike
    "Grim Reaper"
    so toaster how do you like your coffee? got tommrow off if you feel like a little visitor on a little cruiser....
    I've learnt to hide the pain inside, open the throttle and ride away.

Sorry to hear that toaster, glad your alive and (all things considerd) in reasonable health.

SH22 give me the shits, ive only been down it once when i havnt binned, or somone else binned or an engine blew up.
    Then I could get a Kb Tshirt, move to Timaru and become a full time crossdressing faggot

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    Quote Originally Posted by renegade master View Post
    SH22 give me the shits, ive only been down it once when i havnt binned, or somone else binned or an engine blew up.

It's not the road that should be giving you the shits, it's your riding abilities, your mates' riding abilities, and the state of repair of your motorcycles!

SH22 is currently in the best condition I've seen it in for years.
    kiwibiker is full of love, an disrespect.
    - mikey

Bike
    SLOW ONE
    Quote Originally Posted by jrandom View Post
    SH22 is currently in the best condition I've seen it in for years.
    agreed flew down it the other day twice
    LIVE LIFE TO THE FULLEST SO WHEN YOU DIE YOUR FRIENDS DONT HAVE TO LIE AT YOUR FUNERAL

Thread Information