Thread: The anticipation...'old' bike becomes 'new'

Bike
    1989 Kawasaki ZXR400

The anticipation...'old' bike becomes 'new'

Well....this morning I woke up to a cold dewy day....not to worry...i was expecting that but looking forward to it as I was taking my bike to work after not riding for a couple of weeks. Up at 6am....get geared up and trudge out and push the bike out. Crank her over and nothing...wind wind wind....grrrrr...come on baby...don't do this today...new job...don't want to be late. After much coaxing and cajoling....it fired...ran..and died...ARSE!!! wind wind wind...till eventually the battery gets tired. BUGER FUCK ARSE!!! I push it down the drive....jump on poke it in gear and nothing...REPEAT....out onto the road...REPEAT...by this time im starting to sweat and huffing and puffing in full leathers and camo gortex...thinsulate bally and neck sock....after 20 minutes of pushing....trying the starter it eventually fires up and runs like a dog......clears after a few minutes and im off....after nearly passing out and hyperventilating.
    Arrive at work 20 minutes late but warm and toasty. Sort out with the boss the paint I want /should use to give her a nice new tuff as nails paint job and the pro's and con's of PMBing and or Paragon dipping my rims and all the bits so I have a nice new blank canvas with which to work...ooo the joys of working in a paint shop fully kitted out with all the gear to strip paint in many cool and differing ways...not to mention a booth big enough to fit whole flight controls off large aircraft. After work I rode out to my mechanic and delivered it to him....he's going to give it the complete work over...top to bottom poke and prode.....new fork seals...brake lines....clutch and cam chain...service and tune.....and the fitment of the limiter removal 'lil black box' while I have all the plastic's at work giving them the make over of their life. Im like a kid at Chrismas....buying new bits on trade me, tinted screen, anodised this and polished this.....its taken me nearly a year to compile a list of bits I want and need and accumulate the funds needed...now is the time for action....I SO CAN'T WAIT to get her all together and looking better than new.....*insert shit muncher grin here*
    NADE

Bike
    2006 BMW F800ST
    I parked my bike in a paddock.

It fell over.

I finally got round to dropping the cracked fairing in to a paintshop. Sez it'll be good as new end of the week. I too anticipate much shinyness.

My engine already works though.
    In space, no one can smell your fart.

Bike
    1989 Kawasaki ZXR400
    oh don't get me wrong.....engine is fine....was just the carbs dried out and took some effort to get her started. Seems an ongoing problem with my bike if she sits for more than a week. I'm just doing all the bits a bob's so that I know there should be nothing to go wrong come the coming months of hard riding.....and making it nice and shiney.......well...semi gloss black and gloss red highlights.
    NADE

Thread Information