Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Risky kids!

Bike
    2006 Cagiva Raptor 650
    I've taken my oldest (7 yrs) on a quick blat up the road and up and down the driveway but that's as far as we've gone. I would definitely consider taking him on a longer trip but only if he has all the gear and I would wait until he's a bit older and a bit bigger. Agree with others that it is great to have a shared interest and good bonding time.
    Why would anyone choose to drive a car!

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    I don't have a problem with it... can't wait until the girls are a little older and i've got enough brass to buy them decent gear. My dad destroyed a pram and strapped the seat onto the back of his Beeza when I was 4 and I remember loving it...

People put their kids in seats on the back of pushbikes these days on surafces you wouldn't have them riding in roller skates on... I've tried that with my kids and those seats really throw out the balance of the bike... just as dangerous, if not more so as they're only in a flimsy helmet...
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    Gone
    Quote Originally Posted by sunhuntin View Post
    i grew up sitting on the tank, going around the back yard on one of dads jappas
    Same, and I've only had one near fatal crash! Whoohoo

Bike
    '03 FXD
    I've taken my kids on the back since they were old enough to hang on.Even used to pick the youngest up from kindie on the beema and if you think other kids think it's cool you should see their mums however at a neighbourhood bbq a wee while back one of the neighbours told me I was irresponsible for risking my kid's lives.For the sake of neighbour relations I bit my tongue and walked away without pointing out the fact that he takes his kids fishing.
    Never too old to Rock n Roll.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I've got miserly tourettes and I don't give a fuck.

Bike
    A few
    Quote Originally Posted by MIXONE View Post
    I've taken my kids on the back since they were old enough to hang on.Even used to pick the youngest up from kindie on the beema and if you think other kids think it's cool you should see their mums however at a neighbourhood bbq a wee while back one of the neighbours told me I was irresponsible for risking my kid's lives.For the sake of neighbour relations I bit my tongue and walked away without pointing out the fact that he takes his kids fishing.
    Bling sent !
    A girlfriend once asked " Why is it you seem to prefer to race, than spend time with me ?"
    The answer was simple ! "I'll prolly get bored with racing too, once i've nailed it !"

Bowls can wait !

Bike
    im a dreamer.
    I vote for having the x wife assisinated.

Bike
    FJR 1300
    Yup take em for a ride, short rides to start with to build theirs and your confidence, then longer ones, they will love it so will you.

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike
    It's all about risk management. Consider the risks, eliminate, isolate or minimise them and then go for it!
    Grow older but never grow up

Bike
    SV1000s
    20 years ago i was given my first ride by my mums boyfriend on his bike, it became a regular thing we did, im still loving bikes

Bike
    im a dreamer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakie View Post
    It's all about risk management. Consider the risks, eliminate, isolate or minimise them and then go for it!
    Eliminate her. Thats what ive been saying!

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sinfull View Post
    Bling sent !
    .....Me too !!!
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingbrick View Post
    I vote for having the x wife assisinated.
    Kill her sister ???
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    Hornet
    get your kids into it not only for bonding with your kids but give them a passion. It lacks so much these days in the young ones. I see heaps of young people these days & they don't have anything to do but cause shit. You never know you could just be bring up the next Rossi????

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedrostt500 View Post
    Yup take em for a ride, short rides to start with to build theirs and your confidence, then longer ones, they will love it so will you.
    Yup. Little Miss 19 months old often demands a ride now. Sits on the tank holding the handlebars while surrounded by my arms and goes "weeeee" as we take off down the drive.
    (Yes, no helmets and it does appear to be on the road but it's really just off the end of our driveway at the end of our quiet cul-de-sac. Managed risk I tells ya)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gabs ride1.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	73.9 KB 
ID:	97462  
    Grow older but never grow up

Bike
    07 KDX 200 (Miss Piggy)
    Children and bikes go together like...well, children and bikes. Done properly it's a very cool way for a family to spend time together... I don't have a road bike, or even a bike with pillion pegs, so this is how we introduced our girls to the joys of motorcycling...So far , so good.......... They would love it if I picked them up from school on some megacycle, but I don't have one to try with..... Every time they see a sidecar outfit, they go into raptures (even at Puke... ) We ride lots and racing isn't far off for one of them.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	G & S new bikes.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	126.6 KB 
ID:	97463  
    clmintie 1, Grim Reaper 0

Visit my web site http://clmintiepix.co.nz You'll laugh, you'll cry, it'll change your life....

Thread Information