Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Going watercooled

Bike
    Polini/Grc Rep

Going watercooled

Ok, so Ive decided to go watercooled with a b1.

I will be looking at chinese, are there better frames than others? (like daytona 1,2 or 3)

Is the build quality much the same as the aircooled bikes, and what are common watercooled faults?

Looking foward to that extra 2.5kw!

Any help apreciated.

Bike
    2008 polini 910 4.2, 2008 suzuki drz125
    finally..... basically depending one what model you want there are different frames the b1 has it standard frame then you caa get the sco bansee for about the same price.....but you dont allways have to chinese...normanly it cost less to buy second hand euro bike than buying a dodgy chinese biike...depends on who made the chinese bike...if you have $1200 to spend it i would buy jonhs grc 4.2 of trade-me which will be a fast reliable fun race bike, i mean ive finished all 5 of the races ive ever done with my polini and ive never had to fix a thing on it. all up to you dirtybomb but ask most people watercooled chinese pocket bike s can be more unreliable then the air colled ones......{apart from alans...thats pretty reliable}
    THE ONLY RULE IS, THERE'S NO RULES

Bike
    Custom Ag100
    Hey thanks Max!

The B1/B2 engines aren't too bad, it's usually the frames and brakes on the chinese copies that can be a bit suspect and need a bit of setting up. Also they come standard with too low gearing. All said they are heaps of fun when going, you won't believe the difference if you've only been riding air cooled.

If you're in Auckland come along to Mt Wellington on the 14th and I'll give you a ride on my B1, also sometimes there is a guy selling them and you may be able to demo one.

Hope this helps.

Bike
    06 625 SMC
    D-bomb! About fooking time! If you're ever passing through Taupo give me a text and I'll show you my bikes and give you a few hints

Bike
    2006 Hyosung GT650R
    Watching with interest.. My kids have their own money and are ready to purchase.

MY issues are, both bikes mechanically identical, price, watercooled, parts availablility.

I see there are a couple of traders in the TM pitbikes section selling the 39cc watercooled bikes. Pretty much we will be dealing with one of them long-term - any suggestion which trader and/or bike might be a better bet ?

Many thanks,
    Steve
    "I am a licenced motorcycle instructor, I agree with dangerousbastard, no point in repeating what he said."
    "read what Steve says. He's right."
    "What Steve said pretty much summed it up."
    "I did axactly as you said and it worked...!!"
    "Wow, Great advise there DB."
    WTB: Hyosung bikes or going or not.

Bike
    Polini/Grc Rep
    noticed this for sale...

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=157416681

Looks good for 300 buckaroonies.

Any advantages with 'Banchee' over B1? or much the same?

Daytona 2, $1200 is still over double the price of a brand new chinese watercooled bike.. I would if I didnt have an RC Helicopter, airplane etc etc.

If someones got a euro bike theyl sell me for under $500 then I'm in!

And yes Aaron, I know you told me so!

Bike
    ..i was thinking of selling my polini..im kinda getting into dirt biking now at i go out to woodhill forest every weekend with my suzuki...i would sell it to you cheap dirty bomb but im not realyy wanting to lose $2500 in 5 months..!! plus im not going to give up minimoto now when im starting to beat 3M man...

if you was in ur situation i would buy that banshee there basicaly a daytona 1 with a watercooled 4.5hp engine in it...which is a copy of the old blata elite 13wrs hope you get one by this race day...

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by DangerousBastard View Post
    Watching with interest.. My kids have their own money and are ready to purchase.

MY issues are, both bikes mechanically identical, price, watercooled, parts availablility.

I see there are a couple of traders in the TM pitbikes section selling the 39cc watercooled bikes. Pretty much we will be dealing with one of them long-term - any suggestion which trader and/or bike might be a better bet ?

Many thanks,
    Steve

denpends on how much $$$ you haVE if you have $1200 i would go for a euro..but its better to start oj a daytona...

Bike
    Custom Ag100
    Hey Dirty Bomb,

Banshee's have the same motor as the B1's, just the running gear is more light weight, as Daytona2 said (D1 type).

That one looks ok for $300, but you'd want to check the brakes, wheels and test ride it.
    Check the gearing as most common for racing is 7/68. A lot come with a 6 up front so pull too higher revs.

If you can get to Mt Wellington next Sat 14th, there will be a guy selling new B1's for <$400 (Note to DangerousBastard as well).

cheers

Bike
    2006 Hyosung GT650R
    Thanks BigAl,

Can you give me a wises location link for the mt wellington on the 14th ? Go to http://wises.co.nz

Selling ones the same as this ? http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=158964844

or a genuine Blata B1 ?

I'm really confused on what exactly is which.

DB
    "I am a licenced motorcycle instructor, I agree with dangerousbastard, no point in repeating what he said."

Bike
    Custom Ag100
    Hey DB, no the B1 is like this, http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=159109653
    they are all chinese as an italian Blata B1 would cost thousands.

For Mt Wellington directions go to www.nzmmrc.co.nz you don't need to login,
    click on the maps link at the top of page.

Bike
    Polini/Grc Rep
    Bigal, do you have the contact details for the guy selling b1's for $400?

hopefully I can get one before Saturday..

Cheers!

Bike
    2006 Hyosung GT650R
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    Hey DB, no the B1 is like this, http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=159109653
    they are all chinese as an italian Blata B1 would cost thousands.

For Mt Wellington directions go to www.nzmmrc.co.nz you don't need to login,
    click on the maps link at the top of page.
    Many thanks BigAl. Well that will save me 80 bucks coming up to mt welly, and pay for my gas for the trip. (trademe reserve for those bikes is $440.)

How to re-gear these properly ? Change both sprockets ? Just the front one ?

Looks like we'll come up sat 14. How do I check he is actually going to be there to get a pair of bikes of him? Don't wanna blow a tank of gas and he aint there..

Will two of these fit in the boot of a small car ? Don't wanna haul the hilux all the way there if we don't need to.

DB

Bike
    Custom Ag100
    Hey Dirty Bomb & DB email me on top_kiwi@hotmail.com and I'll give send you my Auckland contacts email address.

You only need to change the front to a 7tooth.

Bike
    2006 Hyosung GT650R
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    You only need to change the front to a 7tooth.
    and the same chain still fits etc etc ?

Kewl, time to set up a nice red race steel toolbox, with ratchet ringspanners, and a mini torquewrench ! whee! Ooh, stickers on it too !

DB

Thread Information