Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lower Speed Limits

Bike
    GSXR 750 (No 10)

Lower Speed Limits

Hey all check this out

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/index.cfm?...jectID=9005392

Now would this be an attempt to boost takings as people are driving slower these days and therefore HP are making less moolah. What about putting the limit up on some stretches of road. When will it end? 40Kmh over the whole country? Hey I know let's not go out at all.

I saw on another thread that more pedestrians got killed than bikes in 2004. Let's ban walking too.

Bloody hell

Bike
    1999 GSXR1100W, 1975 CT90
    Nightmares do come true

Bike
    '94 YZF750R - RESTO TIME!
    Geez man, harden up already, even if they dropped a 50kph zone to 40kph, it would only add, on average, 90 seconds to your journey.

They're doing it to save lives, what better reason dya need?
    ---Cut Here---
    '94 YZF750R - I love the smell of new tyre in the morning...
    EXUP Brotherhood

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Article
    Last year's toll was 435, which was 26 fewer than in 2003 but seven per cent higher than a 40-year low achieved in 2002.
    Bloody Hell. If the '40 year low' was achieved in 1976, they would've said we have to work toward that

Bike
    BMW R65LS, part time R75 old fart rider
    Yep, it sounds like the twisty areas will be the ones with lower speed limits......

How about better driver training? Or is that too hard to do?
    Queiro voya todo Europa con mi moto.... pero no tengo suficiente tiempo o dinero.....

Bike
    Repsol Blade & SV pro twin
    Speed limits ?

Is that when you've got your bike on the limiter in top gear ?

What if you're drunk and speeding - which category does the 'stat' (sorry Jim2) go ? Is it relevant to put in the speeding category if your judgement is impaired by alcohol ?
    Visit the team here - teambentley

Thanks to my sponsors : The Station Sports Cafe and Bar | TSS Red Baron | Zany Zeus | Continental | The Office Relocation Company | Fine Signs | Stokes Valley Collision Repair | CBWD Digital Media Inbound Marketing

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy
    ".....use good judgment regardless of the standard limit, and to slow down on winding roads...." WTF
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Posh Tourer :P
    Yep, it sounds like the twisty areas will be the ones with lower speed limits......

How about better driver training? Or is that too hard to do?
    Ah, but that would mean wasting money better spent on parliaments fairy cakes and such

Bike
    Repsol Blade & SV pro twin
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo600
    Now would this be an attempt to boost takings as people are driving slower these days and therefore HP are making less moolah.
    Come on Jimbo - its all about safety - thats why white crosses on the side of the road are being banned, yet LTSA still allows Transit to collect revenue from large billboards advertising..........yes, you guessed it.... alcohol.

Visit the team here - teambentley

Thanks to my sponsors : The Station Sports Cafe and Bar | TSS Red Baron | Zany Zeus | Continental | The Office Relocation Company | Fine Signs | Stokes Valley Collision Repair | CBWD Digital Media Inbound Marketing

Bike
    GSXR 750 (No 10)
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterbishi
    Geez man, harden up already, even if they dropped a 50kph zone to 40kph, it would only add, on average, 90 seconds to your journey.

They're doing it to save lives, what better reason dya need?
    Ah another gullible pawn. Add 90 secs to your journey? Wouldn't that depend on how far you were going?

When they lowered the 'killer highway' from 100 to 80 there was a fatal within a week. What does that tell you. If I were to run a business and there was an issue with it, I would not labour on one redundant solution. Such is the MO LTSA seem to be employing. Until the govt and LTSA see the folly in their ways by ignoring other solutions I believe they are vicariously liable.

You can bet your bottom dollar the speed reductions will be at the end of passing lanes or at the foot of hills, anywhere where the unwary can be pinged easily.

Bike
    GSXR 750 (No 10)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deano
    Come on Jimbo - its all about safety - thats why white crosses on the side of the road are being banned, yet LTSA still allows Transit to collect revenue from large billboards advertising..........yes, you guessed it.... alcohol.

Silly me. Those white crosses are lethal mate. Thank fuck they,re being banned. They always grab my attention when I'm going 200+ kph

Bike
    I hope they will have a 10m stretch of 50kph road on a 100kph highway and a speed camera right next to that stretch of road. That would pull in the money, I mean, make the roads safer

Bike
    1995 Bimota Furano
    Speed limits? who gives a fuck about them anyway. I'll just do what the fuck I want out there.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by theknightrider
    Speed limits? who gives a fuck about them anyway. I'll just do what the fuck I want out there.
    Better get a high paying job to pay off all those tickets then

Bike
    1995 Bimota Furano
    Quote Originally Posted by alarumba
    Better get a high paying job to pay off all those tickets then
    Fuck that shit. Just don't pay them. They write them of eventually.

Thread Information