Thread: Nitty gritty

Bike
    2012 Honda CBR 250R

Nitty gritty

Hi all.
    I've just completed 2000-odd kms around bits of the South Island (good ride, especially the Maungatapu Track, but that's not what this is about).
    I would like to propose a public subscription to buy a nice bike for the man whose idea it was to put grit on random corners, in recognition of his contribution to riding safety. Then we could all go out and watch him ride it down, say, the Takaka Hill ...
    There must be a better way. Frost melts, grit is forever. And after a couple of cars have gone through, it collects either in the middle of the lane or on the outside of the curve, just waiting for a bike to come along.
    It never actually got me on this trip, but there were some VERY slow, nervous corners.

Bike
    Loud and hoony
    What I don't get about the grit is that they make it the same colour as the road. Would be pretty easy, I expect, to make it yellow, red, blue or green so that it would be nice and visible...

Main problem with grit is that it's bloody hard to tell if there is any grit until you're right on top of it
    It is preferential to refrain from the utilisation of grandiose verbiage in the circumstance that your intellectualisation can be expressed using comparatively simplistic lexicological entities. (...such as the word fuck.)

Remember your humanity, and forget the rest. - Joseph Rotblat

Bike
    Triumph Sprint St 07, G650gs BMW
    I agree with you ion this one, I have been forced wide on corners due to hitting grit or gravel that has not been cleared away. And the problem is you dont relise to you are on the top of it, then you only have two options, tuck it in and hope you dont lose it, or if you can see there is no traffic coming swing wide and hope like shit you can get around it!

Bike
    06 Bandit GSF 1200SK6
    hmm along with grit is after road works a lack of sweeping the road & the amount of gravel left on corners .. heading to bulls yesterday I noted that through foxton the main highway has been resealed (not at the current roadworks, at the northern end) and it appears no sweeping has been done as each corner has gravel for miles ..

a phone call to the roading manager at the council is on my agenda tomorrow
    Have to Karma ... Justice catches up eventually !!

Thread Information