Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Yamaha Scorpio or Lifan LF200 GS Sport?

Bike
    Various
    Quote Originally Posted by toyboy View Post

oh and i said it is also kickstart, Electric + Kickstart so if the battery ever dies your not without the option of getting moving
    So is the Scorpio

Before you bitch about a bike best you read about it
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank
    You say "no one wants to fuck with some large bloke on a really angry sounding bike" but the truth of the matter is that you are a balding middle-aged ice-cream seller from Edgecume who wears a hello kitty t-shirt (in your profile pic) and your angry sounding bike is a fucken hyoshit - not some big assed harley with a human skull on the front.

Bike
    I always thought twin headlights were a good idea, if one bulb blows you have a spare one still glowing if its dark, good for safety isnt it? or is there something i'm not knowing about bikes and lights?
    True big fairings are a bad idea, stop you from seeing everything around the wheel i guess? and also maybe a bit more wind resistance from the sides?
    I'm talking about the near inevitability of a learner's bike ending up on the ground at some point, even if only due to a simple mistake like putting a foot in a gutter or something, and the sudden depreciation that results when all that plastic is not longer mint and one of the headlights is grazed because it projects beyond the width of the forks.

Bike
    LF200
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stranger View Post
    So is the Scorpio

I never said the Scorpio isnt both, i already know lots about the scorpio, been reading up about it and the lifan and a few others...

Bike
    Various
    I never said the Scorpio isnt both, i already know lots about the scorpio, been reading up about it and the lifan and a few others...
    Damn you bite well.

Stick around.
    You say "no one wants to fuck with some large bloke on a really angry sounding bike" but the truth of the matter is that you are a balding middle-aged ice-cream seller from Edgecume who wears a hello kitty t-shirt (in your profile pic) and your angry sounding bike is a fucken hyoshit - not some big assed harley with a human skull on the front.

Bike
    LF200
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadows View Post
    I'm talking about the near inevitability of a learner's bike ending up on the ground at some point, even if only due to a simple mistake like putting a foot in a gutter or something, and the sudden depreciation that results when all that plastic is not longer mint and one of the headlights is grazed because it projects beyond the width of the forks.
    Thats true if that happens I suppose, but i'd still prefer to have one headlight working at night than none at all, or maybe thats just the 4wheel driver mentality i have at the moment
    and whole new headlight assembly for the Lifan is only $50US (anyone know the cost of a new headlight for the scorpio or a ninja?)
    Wouldnt mind buying a Ninja250, just a bit pricey to learn on, maybe get something like that in a couple of years

Bike
    Suzuki GSX1250FA, TGB 50cc moped
    You can't really compare the two anyway.

The Lifan is a road-legal trail bike.

You can go adventure riding. You can take it down the beach and go fishing. You can bump around - or over kerbs and traffic islands when the road is blocked by trucks.

You can play on it, learn to ride, and go to work on monday.

Given equal quality, the 200cc road legal trail bike whips the road only bike every time.

And of quality ?

Both are made in china. Lifan are bigger than Yamaha, but Yamaha (japan at least) have a well deserved reputation for building good bikes.

What will be the first thing to f*ck a learners bike ?

If it falling off, then the Lifan is possibly better as parts are cheap.

If it's wearing it out, a real jap yamaha would be better.

The chinese yamaha might be as good. Who knows.
    David must play fair with the other kids, even the idiots.

Bike
    and whole new headlight assembly for the Lifan is only $50US (anyone know the cost of a new headlight for the scorpio or a ninja?)
    Well there's a point. Apparently that's tthe cost of the lightbulb alone for the Scorpio.

Bike
    raptor 1000
    Quote Originally Posted by davereid View Post

You can go adventure riding. You can take it down the beach and go fishing. You can bump around - or over kerbs and traffic islands when the road is blocked by trucks.

You can play on it, learn to ride, and go to work on monday.

Given equal quality, the 200cc road legal trail bike whips the road only bike every time.

And of quality ?

Both are made in china. Lifan are bigger than Yamaha, but Yamaha (japan at least) have a well deserved reputation for building good bikes.

What will be the first thing to f*ck a learners bike ?

If it falling off, then the Lifan is possibly better as parts are cheap.

If it's wearing it out, a real jap yamaha would be better.

The chinese yamaha might be as good. Who knows.
    the scorpio is made in indonesia

Bike
    Honda GB250, Cessna 172
    View Post

Based on what ive seen, It aint a trail bike.

Have a look at http://www.motorcycletrader.co.nz/Ar...d=11AD49DE6C12

Bike
    SV1000, RG500, RD350
    In a UK biek mag a while bake, Lifan got bottom of the charts of a major survey on reliability - and not by a bit. They are probably one of the better bikes, but quality is hit and miss with China bikes. If they are the same price,get the yamaha, at least you can get parts for it easily, and it will always have some resale value. If th eLifan was half the price, then it would be different.
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) Peace through superior firepower...
    Build your own dyno - PM me for the link of if you want to use it (bring beer)

Bike
    Valkyrie 1500 ,HD softail, BMW r1150r
    Better still: own one......

Plenty of old Honda's/yamaha's etc around....
    Chinese take aways are more durable then their bikes.

They are ok as long as you are under 20 kg and don't put petrol in them.
    Opinions are like arseholes: Everybody has got one, but that doesn't mean you got to air it in public all the time....

Bike
    Valkyrie 1500 ,HD softail, BMW r1150r
    Quote Originally Posted by davereid View Post

You can go adventure riding. .
    True.....every ride on a Chinese bike is an adventure.....make sure you wear comfortable hiking boots.....
    Opinions are like arseholes: Everybody has got one, but that doesn't mean you got to air it in public all the time....

Bike
    XGJ250GY-6
    I think davereid has set it out pretty neat. For that matter, why not go for a proper starter bike with a genu1 Honda powerplant? I found this while searching for a 2wheeler for a friend. He ended up buying it and after 6 months he's still licking his visor for joy. Apaprently you don't need a WOF, drive it on car license and it runs kilometres on anyones bad breath. Check it at http://www.nzmotorbikes.co.nz/

Bike
    Various
    Quote Originally Posted by Niterider View Post
    I think davereid has set it out pretty neat. For that matter, why not go for a proper starter bike with a genu1 Honda powerplant? I found this while searching for a 2wheeler for a friend. He ended up buying it and after 6 months he's still licking his visor for joy. Apaprently you don't need a WOF, drive it on car license and it runs kilometres on anyones bad breath. Check it at http://www.nzmotorbikes.co.nz/
    For gods sake, can't you read?
    It's useless, it has a round head light.

Bike
    Road King
    I vote for the Yamaha. I've got a couple of Chineese motoX bikes for the kids and they are actually mostly OK but I would not trust one on the open road.

Thread Information