Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Places to ride off-road

Bike
    XR200
    Quote Originally Posted by rossrc View Post
    Any trials riders here know of some handy areas easily accessible from the city i.e. closer than Porirua or the Hutt. I'm looking for places that I can go to on the way home - I work in the city centre and live around Miramar.
    Long Gully is obviously a possibility, but $20 to potter around for an hour is a bit steep.
    Any suggestions appreciated.
    I'm in the same boat, living in Houghton Bay and looking for places in the vicinity.. Sounds like most tracks are quite a bit out of town. Is there anywhere to ride around Red Rocks legally? That's just around the corner for me and would be perfect!

Bike
    PX200 Vespa
    just anywhere. if you don'tgo when there's millions of people, and don't go like an idiot where people can see you then you'll undoubtedly be fine.

I wanna hit the fire breaks/random tracks around th brooklyn hills/red rocks area

Bike
    none

Braefern (Hukerenui) trail bike circuit

The circuit is open again.
    Shorter and harder.
    I closed it before because there were so few riders. I had been under the impression that Whangarei riders were staved of places to ride............ but wrong again. The weird thing though (I thought) was that of all the riders that done the circuit, only one ever came back a second time. Never had any complaints about the ride, perhaps a little tough was as bad as it got. This time the circuit is totally independent of the rest of the farm. No setting up the circuit and having no-one turn up.
    This time I'll try, any time is OK with me. Feel like a ride?, we are open.
    For more info goto..... http://www.braefern.co.nz/trailbike.html

Bike
    some honda bits in a kx chassis
    went to thundercross valley bike park today
    it was pretty good, nice and dry in most places
    but it was f****n bumpy, lots of little whoops, which i found dangerous at speed. it was a bit shitty in the shade cuz its all clay
    but it should be fine untill it starts raining
    then youll just slide down the hills on your arse
    normally not very many people there and theres a big paddock where you can open her up a bit

Bike
    08 KTM 300 EXC-E -GONE
    Quote Originally Posted by noobi View Post
    went to thundercross valley bike park today
    it was pretty good, nice and dry in most places
    but it was f****n bumpy, lots of little whoops, which i found dangerous at speed. it was a bit shitty in the shade cuz its all clay
    but it should be fine untill it starts raining
    then youll just slide down the hills on your arse
    normally not very many people there and theres a big paddock where you can open her up a bit
    I was there yesterday and it was all good, I really like it there when its just a little wet the clay becomes really tacky.

Bike
    YZF250 2007
    thundercross does have it knockers, those who like the smooth regularily graded tracks, but for me thundercross is the right mix of open paddock, hilly, steep, farm track etc etc. Even better after its had a bit of rain and its lets not forget its only $20.

Bike
    08 KTM 300 EXC-E -GONE
    Quote Originally Posted by charles23 View Post
    thundercross does have it knockers, those who like the smooth regularily graded tracks, but for me thundercross is the right mix of open paddock, hilly, steep, farm track etc etc. Even better after its had a bit of rain and its lets not forget its only $20.
    Exactly, good mix of everything and $20 is well worth it.

Bike
    KTM
    Yep i'd agree guys.

I rode there on Sat and really enjoyed it. Heaps of grip and nice and rough. Probably the roughest I have seen it for some time. The usual wet spots were really easy, could be a bit more interesting with the rain today.

Bike
    some honda bits in a kx chassis
    i want to start getting into cros country and enduros and what not
    is the dead tadpole a good idea for a first event
    bare in mind im only 16 and have only been rideing for two years

Bike
    08 KTM 300 EXC-E -GONE
    Quote Originally Posted by noobi View Post
    i want to start getting into cros country and enduros and what not
    is the dead tadpole a good idea for a first event
    bare in mind im only 16 and have only been rideing for two years
    The GNCC's are really good events to break into the scene, good terrain and the novice class has quite a few people that are new to racing and it is a very social atmosphere with all the pros racing later in the day so you dont have to worry about them running you over.
    check out poweradventures.co.nz

Bike
    2008 polini 910 4.2, 2008 suzuki drz125
    the kawasaki sandpit is pretty awsome but its getting realt turned up in some area's and getting stuck in sand is not toooo much fun......
    THE ONLY RULE IS, THERE'S NO RULES

Bike
    Sandpit 2 Smoker
    Appologies for the bumps but its damn hard trying to compromise. Danger wants freakin bumps the size of Everest there.
    We groom the tracks every Monday (indeed they were done in yesterdays shit house weather for 9 hours) so by the end of Sunday they can become a small chop. You should try riding the single lane tracks more as not only are they smoother but also more fun. IMHO.

Bike
    2008 polini 910 4.2, 2008 suzuki drz125
    yer i have to admit your doing a realy good job.....some of the trails are a bit trickly but it all just makes u a better rider...
    THE ONLY RULE IS, THERE'S NO RULES

Bike
    Yamaha WR450 '06
    Does any one know of this place.....???

Its on Whangaparaoa peninsula, behind Mitre10/Repco/Hell's Pizza complex. Looks like a private land with lots of tracks on it. Drove by the other day and there is a rusty old sign "no bikes, no cars, private property".

Would be a nice place to hoon around do a couple of jumps and climb the hill. Once again, lots of tracks that could be seen from the main road.

Does anyone know who it belongs to or maybe if you can take dirt bikes there?

Bike
    2008 HUSQVARNA TXC450
    lol yeah i know it, wouldnt go up there tho, its owned by cabra holdings, one of the directors is the owner of hiway stabilizers. i wouldnt head up there to be honest.
    HUSQVARNA TXC450
    SPECTRUM MC'S
    TAKAPUNA

www.workshopmx.co.nz

Thread Information