Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Places to ride off-road

Bike
    YZF250 2007
    unfortunately we didn't make down there that weekend as there had been just too much rain in the days before. Hoping to head there next chance we get. I checked out your review on the Maratoto track, great pics!!! looks like you had some fun.

Bike
    2008 KTM 300 EXC
    can anyone tell me what the deal is with riding at digger mcewen park? are there set days for practice?

Bike
    XR1200x, Triumph Speed Four
    Quote Originally Posted by snarldom View Post
    can anyone tell me what the deal is with riding at digger mcewen park? are there set days for practice?
    Haven't used it since my son stopped riding dirt bikes, but there never used to be. If you weren't a club member with a key you just went to the BP garage round the corner (Energy Centrepoint) paid yer monies and got the key. Shouldn't think it's any different now.
    Only restrictions usually are just before a major event (to allow grooming to occur) and sometimes in the summer they have to close it if it's too dusty.
    "Twilight's like soccer. They run around for two hours, nobody scores, and a billion fans insist you just don't understand"

Bike
    2006 yamaha yzf250

Talking

The routine now seems to be see the boys at Daryll Augusts for the key pays ya money go ride... but can't vouch for the day...
    If ya heading north of Dorkland check out www.thefarm.co.nz 1,000 acres of dairy farm and bush to rark round on with accommodation and meals if ya like... or take your own only 1/2 hour north of Whangarei on the Old Russel road... actually get ya mates to drive the bikes up and fang up on ya road bike nice wee road...

Bike
    2005 Gas Gas EC250
    You have to get a key to get access to Digger Mc Ewen, and very few have a key, and I have ridden their , but I cant remember how we got the key, but have a look on the site www.taupomcc.co.nz, try a phone number from the site and see ow you go.
    WM
    Wellyman

Bike
    Yamaha XT 600

cool Video : Quadbiking in South Sinai

Video :Quadbiking for Gourmets
    enjoy the ride ... greets from Dahab ... an Eldorado for Off Road Bikers !!!
    ... ... Red

Bike
    k1 Yamaha YZ250
    Anyone out there with a spare few million $$$ who wants to buy some land on the north shore or out near snowplanet would be awesome :-) With all of the tracks closing everywhere, theres very few places to ride now and getting further away. It won't be long before they start banning dirt bikes all together....sux

Bike
    2008 KTM 300 EXC
    Was thinking about something like that, only problem - as you pointed out - you gotta be loaded to get started. I was thinking WAY out of town, would be a couple of hours drive for most people, funny thing tho, got full backing from the missus!!
    I was thinking of doing a proper bike park with mx track, sx track, bmx, skateboard, all that stuff for everybody, and maybe have a secure monitored storage building for people to keep there bikes and stuff.
    Dont know how well it would be recieved tho, for such a big outlay.

Bike
    _
    there are a few tracks 2 hours away, its the ones 30mins-1hour away people want
    "Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

Bike
    k1 Yamaha YZ250
    where are these tracks? Sux being on the shore there is so much good land north of albany but with the price of land so high and houses getting built on every bit of land there will never be anywhere to ride. Not to mention neigbours who complain.
    Indoor SX would be awesome and probably be the way to go. It would be really loud inside but would stop most of the noise outside and with all the fumes would have to have good air ventilation systems. Would be worth a look into...

Bike
    CR250
    me and my wife had the same plan, but it doens't matter you'll need to be miles out and the concent will be a nightmare.

Gayest thing is that the motorway makes more noise....... go figure....

Bike
    kx250f,kx125
    Quote Originally Posted by Morbid View Post
    Hey, new to offroading... but loving it.

Heard about a place to ride in Taupaki? Near Kumeu... aparantly theres some scramble ride there coming up - Annadales farm or something like that?

Is this open every weekend? Or only for one off events?

Basically want to find somewhere close to auckland to ride - that isnt so much sand - ie woodhill.... some where more farm like?

Cheers.
    The scrambles at Annandales farm is organised by Power Adventures(same guys run the woodhill bike park and also run the GNCC series)
    The Annandale track is a temporary track done up only for events which are few and far between.
    Try Kimmys farm at huntly. One of the best enduro loops and pretty good MX track as well. They now charge $30 per day or you could get a seasons pass for 300 bucks. It is a bit of a drive but what the heck its only going to add 30 odd minutes to your travel time each way if you were going elsewhere for a ride .
    There is also a MX track at Onehunga.Fairly simple but close to home i guess
    Last edited by xxblackbirdxx; 16th February 2007 at 12:30. Reason: missed some things

Bike
    k1 Yamaha YZ250
    Waht about around Dairy Flat area, there is some good land around that area, I wonder what that would be like?
    I suppose it really depends on neighbours, council etc

Bike
    Minsk 1998

So beautiful

Nice places, nice bikes. Wish we had those to ride in Vietnam.

Bike
    k1 Yamaha YZ250
    lol yeah.... Good to hear bout ardmore reopening.

Thread Information