Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Uh oh! Trademe balls up!

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Rider View Post
    Bidding on trademe is a legal contract, it is sanctioned and official - read their policy.

If the seller should want to, he can take this to a disputes tribunal or whatever the particular court is suppose to be

Stop trolling, you were pressing bid to see where the reserve is. If your bids aren't going to be genuine, wait until the thing has closed and it might tell you.

its all very well to have a legal remedy (which is the case here), but its another thing entirely to be able to afford to exercise that legal remedy. Also, assuming success in obtaining a judgment, its another thing entirely to then get the money, even if the law says you're entitled to it.

in this context the enforcement action is disputes tribunal and there are obvious issues (geographic separation, getting to know who you are really dealing with beyond a tardme username) none of which are insurmountable. The vendor could spend a lot of time and money and hassle chasing you to perform. And if you decide not to, realistically what is going to happen except red face on tardme and negative feedback?

Having said that, I am firmly with the crew who say you need to talk to the guy and tell him and then do a deal. If he shits himself then you need to sort it out, pay up and if it isnt the bike for you, re-sell it. Do the decent thing in other words. There isnt enough of it in society.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    04 ZX10R 98 ZX9R #10
    Quote Originally Posted by sinfull View Post
    What actions Lance ?
    the actions of him considering to dodge his obligation to buy.

The fact he made a blunder ?
    I dont consider it a "blunder". If he had bid 10000 instead of 1000 that would be a "blunder". Bidding with no intention to buy not only stuffs it up for the seller if the reserve is met and the buyer wants out (as in this case) but also stuffs things up where the highest bid should be what the seller can review as "market price" from the general trademe population.
    If a bike is for sale with a reserve of 14000 and a start price of 5000 and highest bid (what someone is willing to pay - not what someone who has nothing better to do but bid on auctions that they have no intention of buying) for it is 11000 then the seller can decide if they actually want to sell it for 11000 as they know someone out there is willing to pay that for it. If the "real" market price is actually 9000 and someone bids 11000 cause they havent got anything better to do then the seller falls into a false sense of what his bike is worth.

Or the fact he posted on here to see if there was any way out of making said blunder ?
    Well, I may make mistakes from time to time but I certainly dont advertise that I am a moron time waster.
    Or perhaps it was the fact he said he may have to wear the consequence of his stupid mouse click ?
    there is no question in my mind that the "may have to" should be "definitely"

They seem to be the only facts here ! Alot of posts condemning him here when it clearly states that he will most prolly have to grin and bear his mistake !
    they are the facts that the OP put to hand and will be judged by. If he wanted to be judged by different factors he should have put them in the orginal post. Dont tell me you dont judge people. I find it funny that the only time people bitch about being judged is when they dont like the outcome.

I agree with you that bidding on an auction winning it and then reneging is not the thing to do !
    If the blunder is made, then he owns the bike unless he and the seller come to an arrangement ! Which this guy has said he will do, ring the seller !
    again. the definition of "blunder" is in dispute
    If he or someone goes to test ride the bike and its a clunker and is not as described on trade me, he is within his rights to wave it !~

This is a whole other kettle of fish. If the bike is misrepresented then by all means walk away. If what you are buying is not what you think you are buying (especially being the internet) then I dont see any reason why the deal cant be renegged. Not the case here.

Nearly all men can stand adversity and hard time, but if you want to test a mans true character, give him power....
    YouTube Videos
    MY PICTURES

Best place to stay in Hawkes Bay here

Bike
    A few
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stranger View Post
    But in reality this is no different to call us a pack of wolves.
    No one bit him, no one tore him to shreds. Very many pointed out that he would be wrong to not honour his bid and many disagreed with subsequent posts advising him how he could avoid his obligations.

Who are these wolves to which you referred please?
    Ok i take yr point re the pack of wolves may have been the incorrect wording !
    But i know for one i'd be pissed if every man and his dog came on and told me to man up when he has already stated that if he cant get out of it, he knows he owns it ! He also stated he was gonna ring the guy today fess up and see what the seller says !
    Did ya check out the red bling someone gave him for the post ? whats the bet they never put their name to it !
    I mean he's new to riding (Looking for his first bike by the sounds) new to this site (Prolly be a week b4 he posts again), prolly new to trade me ! Ya live and learn aye !!
    The post that someone put up re him reneging on a deal with them, tells me that he might be a pratt like that but we still dont know the facts !
    A girlfriend once asked " Why is it you seem to prefer to race, than spend time with me ?"
    The answer was simple ! "I'll prolly get bored with racing too, once i've nailed it !"

Bowls can wait !

Bike
    Various
    Quote Originally Posted by sinfull View Post
    Ok i take yr point re the pack of wolves may have been the incorrect wording !
    But i know for one i'd be pissed if every man and his dog came on and told me to man up when he has already stated that if he cant get out of it, he knows he owns it ! He also stated he was gonna ring the guy today fess up and see what the seller says !
    Did ya check out the red bling someone gave him for the post ? whats the bet they never put their name to it !
    I mean he's new to riding (Looking for his first bike by the sounds) new to this site (Prolly be a week b4 he posts again), prolly new to trade me ! Ya live and learn aye !!
    The post that someone put up re him reneging on a deal with them, tells me that he might be a pratt like that but we still dont know the facts !
    I think you are being a little over sensitive there sir.

Red rep! What's the problem with red rep. Red rep is for the win.
    When you get red it means you got under someone's skin.
    How cool is that.
    Please note however, it doesn't count if you are a complete social missfit like say Katman or BMW_Racer as no one pays a second thought giving them red.

The other thing I think should be remembered is that he (the original poster) posted a public invite for options.
    Now seriously, if he didn't want all the options, why ask?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank
    You say "no one wants to fuck with some large bloke on a really angry sounding bike" but the truth of the matter is that you are a balding middle-aged ice-cream seller from Edgecume who wears a hello kitty t-shirt (in your profile pic) and your angry sounding bike is a fucken hyoshit - not some big assed harley with a human skull on the front.

Bike
    A few
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stranger View Post
    I think you are being a little over sensitive there sir.

Red rep! What's the problem with red rep. Red rep is for the win.
    When you get red it means you got under someone's skin.
    How cool is that.
    Please note however, it doesn't count if you are a complete social missfit like say Katman or BMW_Racer as no one pays a second thought giving them red.

The other thing I think should be remembered is that he (the original poster) posted a public invite for options.
    Now seriously, if he didn't want all the options, why ask?
    Your right Far too much time spent indoors with nothing better to do than find an excuse to post on here !
    Red bling is something new to me but after recieving one from getting under a certain skin i'm immune now ! But insert symbol here I saw the original posters first bling was a red and thats what had me crying wolf in that post !
    But you are correct in saying noone really tore him to shreds in their posts !
    I bow my head and back out slowly !
    A girlfriend once asked " Why is it you seem to prefer to race, than spend time with me ?"
    The answer was simple ! "I'll prolly get bored with racing too, once i've nailed it !"

Bowls can wait !

Bike
    GL1800
    Man up - it'll be a good story to tell your Mates later anyway -- and if its not as good as described when you see it, you have a legitimate "out" - esp having spent the dosh to travel to see it.

I sometimes see adverts saying " Re advertised to time waster" - I often wonder what sort of tosser they are.

Enjoy the experience!
    "If you haven't grown up by the time you turn 50, you don't have to!"

Bike
    2007, Kawasaki Z750 (L)
    Not that I would ever ever suggest such a thing but you could always go to an Internet cafe, make a new Trademe account and place a bid higher than yours. Of course I would never suggest such a disgusting fraud like action and it wouldn't work if it was a Adress verified member only auction.

I'm just saying if we were talking hypothetically it could work.
    I have deep pockets. It's just that it's a deep empty pocket...........

Bike
    '91 XT600
    Well, well, well! What a turnout. What a response. Thanks to those who had sensible stuff to say and to the rest, you get the contempt you deserve... You know who you are... Not so friendly, the ol' KB forum then...

Don't tell me that you lot haven't made any silly choices in your lives. We all have.

Who knows what decision I have or have not made. Not sure that I'll give you lot the pleasure, only to be told either "what a dick" or "good on you". At the end of the day, remember I don't know any of you on here, there's certainly some of you who are sharp with the words.

Hope you've had fun - I certainly enjoyed reading the responses. As far as I am concerned, chapter now closed.

Over and out...

Bike
    '91 XT600
    Oh aye, and if I find out who gave me the red bling I may feed the wolves and let this saga continue...

Bike
    '91 XT600
    Quote Originally Posted by MSTRS View Post
    Happykamper, eh?
    Shoulda just bought hXc's one, eh? Which sold for what you and I had agreed on.
    And now you want to dick someone else around.
    Enjoy 'cashing in' the building karma points....you deserve them.
    Maybe. Maybe not. Hop off your soapbox there, fella... I recall you saying - and I quote "Whatever happens with this bike, don't be a stranger". I thought to myself that that's a good attitude to have. It appears that I was mistaken.

Bike
    '91 XT600
    Quote Originally Posted by wickle View Post
    Get on a bus go and get bike and while sitting for 8 hours reflect!
    ROTFLMAO!

Bike
    '08 DR650
    Then to add insult to injury I found out about a similar bike with less Ks for the same price as it'll cost me to get the one that I've won, but it's closer to home!
    k's dont reflect everything, and when you buy something, sooner or later (sooner in this case), it turns out you could have got it cheaper somewhere else... it seems you're keen on spada's, why not this one?

Bike
    Gone

Bike
    Loud and hoony
    Quote Originally Posted by happykamper View Post
    Well, well, well! What a turnout. What a response. Thanks to those who had sensible stuff to say and to the rest, you get the contempt you deserve... You know who you are... Not so friendly, the ol' KB forum then...

Who knows what decision I have or have not made. Not sure that I'll give you lot the pleasure, only to be told either "what a dick" or "good on you". At the end of the day, remember I don't know any of you on here, there's certainly some of you who are sharp with the words.
    You bid on it - you buy it! It's not really that hard... If you want to dick around with that decision don't come posting on KB for sympathy.

You make a bad decision, well too bad for you. Life sucks, get a fucking helmet!

So what happened in the end? So far I have a feeling that the jury is leaning towards "What a dick!" So you haven't got much to loose really.

BTW - if MSTRS says the two of you had agreed upon a price then I'd be more likely to believe him than you. Nothing to do with soapboxes - only honesty mate. Enjoy the fact that you have some degree of anonymity on here and that most people won't violate that. Personally I hope he will name and shame - it's his perogative.

Quote Originally Posted by happykamper View Post
    Oh aye, and if I find out who gave me the red bling I may feed the wolves and let this saga continue...
    Ooooh, I'm sure everybody are shaking in their pants now. Have some more...

How I fucking hate campers - yes I used to play a decent amount of CS.
    It is preferential to refrain from the utilisation of grandiose verbiage in the circumstance that your intellectualisation can be expressed using comparatively simplistic lexicological entities. (...such as the word fuck.)

Remember your humanity, and forget the rest. - Joseph Rotblat

Bike
    ninja 250
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Rider View Post
    Bidding on trademe is a legal contract, it is sanctioned and official - read their policy.

If the seller should want to, he can take this to a disputes tribunal or whatever the particular court is suppose to be

Stop trolling, you were pressing bid to see where the reserve is. If your bids aren't going to be genuine, wait until the thing has closed and it might tell you.
    Maybe it is, but how often does the seller pull the auction before it ends? Even if its made reserve? And they advertise it as "advertised elsewhere", wonder if they were selling a car at say Turners, and half way through the auction they got up and said I've just had a text from someone that wants to buy it, I'm now withdrawing it! No difference is it?

Thread Information