Page 13 of 516 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113513 ... LastLast

Thread: Nelson Rideouts - Where next?

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdneh View Post
    Fran went thru "panic mac rd " on thursday & along berrymans etc all good & clear up there.
    Excellent

Was going to go home from the 6-hour that way but the damn rally of Nelson got in the way...

Bike
    suzuki dr 650
    Quote Originally Posted by NordieBoy View Post
    2:30pm for the Maungatapu?

Pylon tracks should be sweet to do today
    Fran we passed you along the road from poloris to the munga tapu with I take it your lady on board, Hiuh on the transalp didnt click to your bike and I slowed down but no brake lights from you so I thought didnt realize we were with you up the Cobb a few weeks ago, the track is in good nick after all the rain. Rog .

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    So that was you.
    I just saw a shiny TransAlp and a blue bike. Didn't click as to which blue bike. It's that camo fairing you've got. Makes it not look like a DR

Was a good ride. First time Jenni has been over and back. Only had to walk 2 sections on the way over - The steep bit to the 1st bridge and one of the steep bumpy wet clay sections.
    Rode all the way back no problem. The DR chugging away nicely.

About 15min quicker going back to Nelson than getting to Pelorus.
    1 mountain biker, a couple of walkers and a bow-hunter. Not much traffic at all.

On the way back the cloud was wicked the way it was spilling over the tops.

Daylight savings is sweet

Bike
    suzuki dr 650
    Quote Originally Posted by NordieBoy View Post
    So that was you.
    I just saw a shiny TransAlp and a blue bike. Didn't click as to which blue bike. It's that camo fairing you've got. Makes it not look like a DR

Was a good ride. First time Jenni has been over and back. Only had to walk 2 sections on the way over - The steep bit to the 1st bridge and one of the steep bumpy wet clay sections.
    Rode all the way back no problem. The DR chugging away nicely.

About 15min quicker going back to Nelson than getting to Pelorus.
    1 mountain biker, a couple of walkers and a bow-hunter. Not much traffic at all.

On the way back the cloud was wicked the way it was spilling over the tops.

Daylight savings is sweet
    The fairing is due to come off as dont need it for daily commute now that the cold weather has gone. We ended up returning over the tar due to time, but the track is a great ride I first rode it the mid seventies on a ts 250 suzuki with my wife onboard so there was a bit of walking for her as well and the track was not much different then.The poor old horses would have worked their guts out getting up there pulling a wagon ,a 100 odd years ago, thats for sure.

Bike
    01 DRZ400, 92 r100GSPD
    i've managed to get tomorrow afternoon off work, anyone up for a quick spinn?(have to be back in mapua by 4.30ish). Munga,Nevis quick loop to murch? i can be ready to go from 11am.
    KiwiSafariTeam
    GO BRO GO

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Hopefully tomorrow afternoon my exhaust will be getting welded up and go on the bike.
    It was meant to be today but I arrived to find a distinct lack of weldery person...

Weekend will hopefully be bar risers, pilot jet, pilot air jet and general re-jetting for the pipe.

Bike
    Honda 650 Africa twin and a Dommie
    Quote Originally Posted by topo View Post
    i've managed to get tomorrow afternoon off work, anyone up for a quick spinn?(have to be back in mapua by 4.30ish). Munga,Nevis quick loop to murch? i can be ready to go from 11am.
    You're tempting me ,Theres a guy from up north I,d like to catch up with riding the Munga in the morning so I may end up in NN Bout 11.30 Will text u in the morning

Bike
    01 DRZ400, 92 r100GSPD

Great ride today Jeff
    KiwiSafariTeam
    GO BRO GO

Bike
    Honda 650 Africa twin and a Dommie
    Yeah , that Penzance track is still a bit tricky this time of year aye .Good to see you didnt have a piccie of anyone having a lie down , that means it didnt happen right?

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    The Beemer shrunk!
    And turned black!
    And lost a cylinder!

Bike
    01 DRZ400, 92 r100GSPD
    And now has brakes that work
    And has learnt to fly
    KiwiSafariTeam
    GO BRO GO

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    And landings?

Bike
    KLR650 WR450
    great photos Topo

Do any of you guys know when Molesworth/Rainbow normally open?

cheers

Mark

Bike
    05 450 EXC, 990 S
    Quote Originally Posted by Underground View Post
    Yeah , that Penzance track is still a bit tricky this time of year aye .Good to see you didnt have a piccie of anyone having a lie down , that means it didnt happen right?
    Uncle-in-law use to have a bach in Penzance. Been looking at the pylon track over to the top to the Elaine Bay road for a while now. Is that the one you did or did you go around the foreshore walking track? If you did the pylon track how does it compare with the likes of the Manga for difficulty?

Quote Originally Posted by marks View Post
    ....Do any of you guys know when Molesworth/Rainbow normally open?...
    On my web site Mark. Rainbow opens 1st Dec and Molesworth the 28th Dec. Also Molesworth info on DOC website.

Cheers R
    "The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools." - Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)

Bike
    05 450 EXC, 990 S
    Topo - did that KTM come from Dorkland? Headlights/screen and blackness look very much like a the bike that inmate Black Balls had down here in Chch then sold up north. He may (not sure) still have he motard wheels if your interested. Also if it is the bike I think it is, if you scratch the black paint on the plastic radiator shrouds you'll find it is a Six Days yellow model, pic here.

Some threads about it here, here, and motard wheels here.

Cheers R
    "The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools." - Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)

Thread Information