You what?

Bike
    F800GS
    Quote Originally Posted by NordieBoy View Post
    You what?

"you what" what

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Laughed at the "surprising an Ent" when I saw the full size picture, eyes and all.
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    91 R80GS
    Hey Jatz if Nordie has your DVDs can I borrow them after him? Nordie if this is ok with Jatz I'll pick them up maybe this weekend.

Might be up for a ride tomm avo? Prob only 2 - 21/2 hrs though. Anyone doing anything? Jatz did you go out today?
    Went for a short blast yesterday & stood on the pegs coming a long Whakatu dr. The tail wind was so strong I felt no wind on my face - nice...

Bike
    KTM 2T & LC4
    NMCC Laid Back trail ride tomorrow. I'm about to fit proper kNobblies to the 640A, and will nanna around the main loop tomorrow. Depending on how brave I feel (read: how wet and greasy it is), I might even tackle some of the A-grade loops... preferably after a recce on my mate's FE450 'Berg.
    Cheers,
    Colin

Quote Originally Posted by Steve McQueen
    All racers I know aren't in it for the money. They race because it's something inside of them... They're not courting death. They're courting being alive.

Bike
    F800GS
    Quote Originally Posted by Padmei View Post
    Hey Jatz if Nordie has your DVDs can I borrow them after him? Nordie if this is ok with Jatz I'll pick them up maybe this weekend.

Might be up for a ride tomm avo? Prob only 2 - 21/2 hrs though. Anyone doing anything? Jatz did you go out today?
    Went for a short blast yesterday & stood on the pegs coming a long Whakatu dr. The tail wind was so strong I felt no wind on my face - nice...
    Picked up the dvd's this arvo sorry.
    Went for a gallop over the Maungatapu this afternoon and guess who we ran into, name starts with Nor and ends in boy so we got the guided tour.
    Might be keen tomorrow, will see how I feel in the morning, Mrs jatz is dropping serious hints about going fishing.
    BTW Nordie I only put 24L in the tank, reakon I would have got home on what was in the tank when I left you

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Quote Originally Posted by warewolf View Post
    NMCC Laid Back trail ride tomorrow. I'm about to fit proper kNobblies to the 640A, and will nanna around the main loop tomorrow. Depending on how brave I feel (read: how wet and greasy it is), I might even tackle some of the A-grade loops... preferably after a recce on my mate's FE450 'Berg.
    If I was able to change tyres and actually had some appropriate knobblies I'd be doing the same

Actually I think I've got an old front off the XR that would work...

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Quote Originally Posted by JATZ View Post
    Picked up the dvd's this arvo sorry.
    Went for a gallop over the Maungatapu this afternoon and guess who we ran into, name starts with Nor and ends in boy so we got the guided tour.
    Might be keen tomorrow, will see how I feel in the morning, Mrs jatz is dropping serious hints about going fishing
    Hey, I caught up to you...

You now know where the abandoned house is
    The river crossing at the bridge on the Pelorus side is getting easier. Easier as in I'm less wimpish doing it

Going to take spare petrol this time?

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Quote Originally Posted by Padmei View Post
    Might be up for a ride tomm avo? Prob only 2 - 21/2 hrs though. Anyone doing anything?
    Sounds good to me.
    Trying to get in as much riding as I can before next weekends North V South Classic MX in Blenheim.

Bike
    F800GS
    Hey, I caught up to you...

You now know where the abandoned house is
    The river crossing at the bridge on the Pelorus side is getting easier. Easier as in I'm less wimpish doing it

Going to take spare petrol this time?
    Post above edited.

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    There was only a slight breeze up in the hills as opposed to the gale it was blowing in Nelson today.
    Perfect conditions for a solo ride...
    Or a group ride come to that
    Mrs Jatz in the rough stuff on the little Tenere...

Jatz hard at work on the Big...

Getting warmer so off with some layers...

The fast...

And the not so fast...

Failing to fall off in the mud...

Following that damn boat...

Bike
    KTM 2T & LC4
    If I was able to change tyres and actually had some appropriate knobblies I'd be doing the same

Actually I think I've got an old front off the XR that would work...
    I could probably sort you out with something... got some old Dunlop D756 intermediates that would probably fit. The front is nicely polished & rounded from years of sand use at Woodhill. Waiting for some Hira/Maungatapu action to finish those ones off in the rocks. When they open Hira again we should do some exploring; plenty of adventure/trail to be had in there.
    Cheers,
    Colin

Quote Originally Posted by Steve McQueen
    All racers I know aren't in it for the money. They race because it's something inside of them... They're not courting death. They're courting being alive.

Bike
    91 R80GS
    How about 1pmish? Mt Arthur perhaps or somewhere else? Any takers/ suggestions?

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Hira has been open for 3-4 weeks now.

Bike
    91 R80GS
    Hira has been open for 3-4 weeks now.
    Nope closed. I get emails from MTB club nearly every week stating that it's closed. This one arrived Friday...

Attention all mountainbikers - Hira Forest is Closed:

Hira Forest: Harvesting commenced as at 1st October 2008 - Advertising by AFM in the Nelson Mail Saturday 11th October 2008 for the following:
    Notice of Hira Forest Closure Hancock Forest Management advise that access to the following areas: (Fireball Road, Fringe Hill Road, Tantragee Saddle and Groom Creek) will be closed to the public (Monday to Saturday) due to the commencement of harvesting in this area of Hira Forest until further notice.
    All access permits for these areas will be cancelled effective from 1 October 2008 until further notice, or as sign-posted onsite.
    Forest closure signs will be located at all entrance points to the closed areas
    Please note – No Mountain Biking, Motor Cycling, Horse-Riding or any other activities until further notice.
    Also remember the following as well: Hira Forest

Please remember there are still roads that have severe storm damage in the Hira Forest and unsafe road condition eg. Kaka, Central, Dip, Face, Thomas, Savage Roads, all closed until further notice or as signed posted onsite.

Forest closure signs will be located at all entrance points to the closed areas.

Please note - No Mountain Biking, Motor Cycling, Horse Riding or any other activity until further notice."

Regards

Trish (AFM)

Recreational events for October and November

12 October - Nelson Motorcycle Club - Moutere Forest - Trass, Hoult etc., (to be confirmed) - Approx 200 riders

19 October - Nelson Bays Tril Riding - Eatwell (Approx 20 riders)

23 November - Nelson Mountain Bike Club - Eastern Hills - Raines & Heslop Roads

Please advise any personnel that should be told of all, or any of these events.

Thread Information