Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: AUT: New motorcycle parking

Bike
    Ducati 944
    OK, the final decision for parking outside WF building has been made, and it is to REMOVE ALL THE BIKE PARKING (despite signs being commissioned to control a limited amount after much discussion).

When the NO PARKING signs go up outside of the WF building I would ask that we all respect that and use the other facilities around the campus, the WL Wilson Carpark free space in particular.

Although many of you will be dissappointed by this last minute volte face we should all thank AUT for the investment they have made in the WL Wilson space. This is as safe and secure as it gets.

I have been absent from this board for months, but working on several motorbike parking related issues and actually getting out and about a bit too.

Have a safe 2009 everyone.
    Motorcycle songlist:
    Best blast soundtrack:Born to be wild (Steppenwolf)
    Best sunny ride: Runnin' down a dream (Tom Petty)
    Don't want to hear ...: Slip, slidin' away, Caught by the Fuzz or Bam Thwok!(Paul Simon/Supergrass/The Pixies)

Bike
    2007, Hyosung gt250R
    So we pull and park and its all free in wilsons? I loved parking outside WF, damn... two steps and I was in my building haha.

Bike
    Ducati 944
    Quote Originally Posted by Riding LockedDown View Post
    So we pull and park and its all free in wilsons? I loved parking outside WF, damn... two steps and I was in my building haha.
    Yep - Wilson ground floor area is free for us. Just watch the closing times if you are working late!

Signs are up so no more WF parking.
    Motorcycle songlist:
    Don't want to hear ...: Slip, slidin' away, Caught by the Fuzz or Bam Thwok!(Paul Simon/Supergrass/The Pixies)

Bike
    Too many to count
    this thread would be good in the SMC forum (uni bike club)

talk to squiggles

Bike
    Ducati 944
    Can someone from the AUT (NOT Auckland University) scooter / bike club PM me pls?
    Motorcycle songlist:

Bike
    2007, Hyosung gt250R
    Just a quick question, I know when you drive into wilsons in a cager you pull out a ticket to open the gates up and pay it off when u leave to do the same, what do i do when im on a bike? crouch down and go under??? haha

Bike
    Ducati 944
    Quote Originally Posted by Riding LockedDown View Post
    Just a quick question, I know when you drive into wilsons in a cager you pull out a ticket to open the gates up and pay it off when u leave to do the same, what do i do when im on a bike? crouch down and go under??? haha
    No, they installed a 1/2 wide barrier so you ride through. Its not a large barrier at all. We own this building which is why we are doing this.

Now, yesterday I noticed a cage had removed the rope and parked in our space. I will be dealing with this. Also we are working hard on access and other issues. Any questions, queries or problems that you see in relation to this facitliy you can pm me or post here.

And remember this is an AUT only space, and it will be monitored at some stage in the near future. I will post details when nesc.
    Motorcycle songlist:

Bike
    Too many to count
    Quote Originally Posted by 90s View Post
    And remember this is an AUT only space, and it will be monitored at some stage in the near future. I will post details when nesc.
    so not for UofA students who are visiting aut for some reason? eg the UofA engineers have to do a workshop course at AUT but never get given AUT ID cards...

Bike
    Ducati 944
    Quote Originally Posted by motorbyclist View Post
    so not for UofA students who are visiting aut for some reason? eg the UofA engineers have to do a workshop course at AUT but never get given AUT ID cards...
    Should be OK for now. If you are doing a course at AUT it should be possible to get you included somehow if (when) we have registered bikes. Thanks for letting me know about this issue, I will include you (ie. visiting students) in the issues I am passing to the managers. There is still free parking on St Paul's directly outside the carpark too, and this is pretty empty now we have the Wilsons space (yes, I know its not ideal ...)
    Motorcycle songlist:

Bike
    01' NZ Postie CT110
    Quote Originally Posted by motorbyclist View Post
    One of the reasons why Andrew was asking was because bikes keeps getting taxed out of Auckland Uni carparks, and just the other day there was another incident of some idiot trying to screwdriver a bike.

I think it's always better to double check as we don't really want like 20 new bikes turning up there. Realistically speaking, there's actually quite a bit of space.

Bike
    Ducati 944
    Quote Originally Posted by HungusMaximist View Post
    One of the reasons why Andrew was asking was because bikes keeps getting taxed out of Auckland Uni carparks, and just the other day there was another incident of some idiot trying to screwdriver a bike.

I think it's always better to double check as we don't really want like 20 new bikes turning up there. Realistically speaking, there's actually quite a bit of space.
    Officially this is an AUT only facility. I have passed on the question of whether UoA students who are specifically studying a paper with us can use it, and this being considered (it will take time to decide this finally). However, it is not a general park for UoA students or other users. It is a private carpark (AUTs building) and the usual rules apply etc.
    Motorcycle songlist:

Bike
    Ducati 944
    Hi all,
    Just an update. The facility is going really well, and often is at full capacity.

I would like to remind people that we lost the right to park outside the WF building (business school) because certain users could not park sensibly.

Please follow these simple rules and also let others know that there are some simple things that we can do to keep this facility active:

- do not park over the entrance points
    [if the park is full then you may have to look elsewhere to park - better than being silly]

- do not park as to obstruct other bikes ability to leave

- if you park in the "middle" areas form straight not angled lines

Any questions about this facility in the first instance we be PM'd to me. I have spoken with several riders about what is expected, and may post flyers on bikes. This facility is provided by the favour of AUT and is not a right, and is not a general public park.
    Motorcycle songlist:

Bike
    Ducati 944
    I've posted another thread warning people that theives are operating in the St Pauls rd area. As yet I have not heard that they have stolen a bike from within our faciilty, but they have taken 3 from the roads around and outside.

Be aware and report anyone suspicious.
    Motorcycle songlist:

Bike
    Buell XB12X Ulysses
    Blog Entries
    Dude, this is a HUGE win for Uni staff & students. I have yet to use it as I park under Building 438 where I work, but we're moving to b435 later this year and I might end up using St Pauls, so a big thanks for working on this
    "Atomic batteries to power...turbines to speed..."
    - Page 14 of the Buell Owners Manual

Bike
    Ducati 944
    No worries.
    For everybodies attention though I will be policing the area more heavily next semester - so if you have been parking over the entrance ways or blocking other riders in prepare to change thy ways!

Krayy - Building 438? I thought all our buildings were letters?
    Motorcycle songlist:

Thread Information