Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AUT: New motorcycle parking

Bike
    Ducati 944

AUT: New motorcycle parking

MODS - can you pls make this a sticky? thanks

Update: 2017
    Following the demolition of the WL St Paul Wilson car park the AUT replacement is WO Wakefield St Wilson car park. Students will find several motorbike parks throughout the different levels. Further information and updates can be found at the link below:

https://www.facebook.com/AutMotorbikeParkingCoordinator

Please all follow the rules and do not park outside of the clearly marked motorbike area. There is other public parking available if full - ie. outside WT building.

There is also marked motorbike parking at other campuses.

AUT staff should contact the AUT motorbike coord. (see the facebook page/ motorbike@aut.ac.nz) to enquire about WY. WY parking requires card access.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After much negotiation AUT has created a fantastic new facility for motorcycle parking for staff and students. The ground floor of the Wilson parking on St Paul St is now dedicated to Motorbikes (as marked out). AUT staff and students can use this facility free - just ride in and out. This represents a significant investment of the University, and feedback to pass onto them to show that this is appreciated and used will be important in keeping this open long-term.

In the meanwhile the review of parking outside the WF Business building is coming towards it end. It may be some parking is retained here although all may be relocated to the Wilson.

Until further notice if you do park at WF pls follow the regs below - but pls start the transition to using the secure, undercover St Pauls Wilson park. My thanks to all of you who inputted into the discussion as these have formed an important part of the process.

>
    The long-term bike parking solution for the City Campus is now Wilson on St Paul as above. For any bikes and scooters are still using the space outside the business school building until further notice keeping this in order is crucial. Currently common sense rules are in place - do NOT:

- park here if you can use St Pauls Wilson free
    - ride across the pedestrian area of the cafe front
    - park obsructing the main glass entrance-way and fire-access station
    - park obstructing clear access to the benched area for pedestrians
    - box other bikes in
    - park on the pevement area obstructing the way around the building and getting us a bad rep

DO

- use the Wilson on St Pauls
    - park neatly along the 'back wall' area in one neat line
    - park well to the right side (from road) of the larger area away from the benches
    - be considerate to other uses
    - tell people to self-police this system
    - find alterate parking - ie. the Civic, the Library, St Paul st, if the area is packed

I am giving tickets out to bikes that contravene these rules, and taking photos of the offenders and keeping a log.
    I am also putting every so often a reminder of these principles to the bikes parked.

I need you all to spread news of the new facility to other AUT riders.

Finally if any one else swears at me for advising on sensible parking practices this will no longer be tolerated. Thanks for most of your patience and help.
    Last edited by 90s; 8th March 2017 at 17:18. Reason: update for demolished building
    Motorcycle songlist:
    Best blast soundtrack:Born to be wild (Steppenwolf)
    Best sunny ride: Runnin' down a dream (Tom Petty)
    Don't want to hear ...: Slip, slidin' away, Caught by the Fuzz or Bam Thwok!(Paul Simon/Supergrass/The Pixies)

Bike
    Gone
    Sweet! I thought we were always allowed to park in the Wilson?

Secondly, I think the people you need to worry about the most are the scooter riders. They don't seem to give two shits about anyone, and will park ANYWHERE, including obstructing the whole front area of the business building (Had a chat with you on that day)

And unfortunately, they won't be on this forum, so I think it would be best to post up signs of some sort, AND maybe talk to these guys in person.

Bike
    Ducati 944
    Quote Originally Posted by breakaway View Post
    Sweet! I thought we were always allowed to park in the Wilson?

Secondly, I think the people you need to worry about the most are the scooter riders. They don't seem to give two shits about anyone, and will park ANYWHERE, including obstructing the whole front area of the business building (Had a chat with you on that day)

And unfortunately, they won't be on this forum, so I think it would be best to post up signs of some sort, AND maybe talk to these guys in person.
    Thanks for your reply. I really like your bike.

For the Wilson, motorbikes can part out-of-the-way in some and they will turn a blind eye. But this is a designated official area that is roped off right by the guy in the booth to watch over the bikes - all for us. No need to park out the way in dark corners now.

I do talk to the scooter riders, and this morning I posted information on each bike that was down there (about 30 bikes), which I will keep doing. Currently there are no signs because no final decission has been made for the business school forecourt. But keeping it tidy may help our case and is just common sense.
    Motorcycle songlist:
    Don't want to hear ...: Slip, slidin' away, Caught by the Fuzz or Bam Thwok!(Paul Simon/Supergrass/The Pixies)

Bike
    kwikasfuki ninja
    Thats is really sweet. Last time I was in that parking, I saw half of the first floor dedicated to AUT motorcycles, then I asked the ticket master and he said that that area was for AUT staff only.

So now it is for students also. Sweet as. Now I know where to park my blade so no one will get an affection to feel her tits all the time
    Everbody Dies But Not Everyone Lives

Bike
    Ducati 944
    Just a note to remind people to check the hours of operation of the Wilson carpark - it does close different times on different nights. I have heard sometimes it closes before the listed time and this is being investigated.
    Motorcycle songlist:

Bike
    01' NZ Postie CT110
    Mate, good on you on negotiating a deal with Wilson car park.

I park my fireblade there everyday now and it's much safer! !

You deserve a VB.

Bike
    kwikasfuki ninja
    Quote Originally Posted by HungusMaximist View Post
    Mate, good on you on negotiating a deal with Wilson car park.

I park my fireblade there everyday now and it's much safer! !

You deserve a VB.
    Yeah i've seen ur bike there. preatty cool

Bike
    Like Dani Pedrosa's RC211V now!
    Quote Originally Posted by MentalFacility View Post
    Yeah i've seen ur bike there. preatty cool
    Do you park your Fireblade there too? Would love to see it.....mines the other Fireblade with dark tinted headlight covers somewhere hidden.
    Don't just live to ride but ride to live.

Bike
    kwikasfuki ninja
    Quote Originally Posted by klyong82 View Post
    Do you park your Fireblade there too? Would love to see it.....mines the other Fireblade with dark tinted headlight covers somewhere hidden.
    Yeah I do. I see your bike all the time. I come and go and it just stands there all the time.

What time are you at uni?

Bike
    Like Dani Pedrosa's RC211V now!
    Yeah I do. I see your bike all the time. I come and go and it just stands there all the time.

What time are you at uni?
    Am a uni staff member I start at 7.30 to 8 in the morning to 4 to 8pm depends how much work I have....
    Don't just live to ride but ride to live.

Bike
    kwikasfuki ninja
    Quote Originally Posted by klyong82 View Post
    Am a uni staff member I start at 7.30 to 8 in the morning to 4 to 8pm depends how much work I have....
    Im ussually there on thursdays (10-2, or later) and fridays(10-5).

Bike
    R1 2003 & ST1100 1998
    Im ussually there on thursdays (10-2, or later) and fridays(10-5).
    See u then!!!

Bike
    kwikasfuki ninja
    Quote Originally Posted by DIN PELENDA View Post
    See u then!!!
    What the fuck is wrong with you? Got anger management issues?

Bike
    Ducati 944
    Hi, a note to all that are using WF this week.

There will be NO PARKING OUTSIDE WF this WEDNESDAY 15 OCTOBER because of a faculty event. Signs will go up, but any bikes there on Weds will be REMOVED.

Wilson on St Paul is of course free for us now. Tell everyone about this.

Soon also the new conditions for parking at WF will be announced, probably restricting parking to one row of bikes against the wall only.
    Motorcycle songlist:

Bike
    CBR1000RR9
    I alway park my bike at wilson car park ay, thanks for sorting this 90s.

Thread Information