Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cheesecutter protection

Bike
    Too many to count
    all the best mate, i seriously do hope your product goes ahead and gets installed here, or atleast overseas.

god only knows what slimjim is getting so worked up about - it's not like bikers have anything to lose here

Bike
    CBR1000RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trudes View Post
    Have I missed something? Do you know something the rest of us have missed slimjim? Why the hostility?
    I'm with her ^^^.

I'm happy to wait till I have a few more facts personally... from what I know so far it sounds promising and while nothing's perfect first time out of the blocks... this has to be at least a promising start.

Waiting for that video
    $2,000 cash if you find a buyer for my house, kumeuhouseforsale@straightshooters.co.nz for details

Bike
    Too many to count
    Quote Originally Posted by Meanie View Post
    Just what i was thinking
    A bit more than meets the eye here me thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by MSTRS View Post
    Don't worry about the nay sayer/s
    Quote Originally Posted by motorbyclist View Post
    all the best mate,
    SNAP!

10char

Bike
    "Bagheera" GSX1400K5
    Think that post of SlimJim's is one for the Mods ta PD.

Glad ta have someone making an effort re: making the barriers safer. We need all the help we can get there.

New Zealand......
    The Best Place in the World to live if ya Broke

"Whole life balance, Daniel-San" ("Karate Kid")

Kia kaha, kia toa, kia manawanui ( Be strong, be brave, be steadfast and sure)
    DON'T RIDE LIKE YA STOLE IT, RIDE TO SURVIVE.

Bike
    2009 DRZ400e
    Nobody could...now I know how hard it is being illiterate.
    Haha, hooray for being able to read illiterate!

Correct me if I'm wrong slimjim, but basically what your saying is that you've picked up plenty of mates after a bin. You sometimes get a bad feeling when you're out on a ride so you'll pull over/take it easy and then a short time down the road some one else has binned. This time you're getting the same feeling but it is of this thread/protection idea. Also Nonbiker is wanting to test motorcycle safety barriers... With a car?!

I think if it works, it's awesome and yeah sure you need to start some where and cars are a good way to know if it'll work at all. But I do hope you are going to test it with bikes going at all speeds and angles at some point... ?
    "I'm not going to vacuum 'til Sears makes one you can ride on"
    -Roseanne Barr-

Bike
    Concours 14
    Whatever hes smokin, i want some

Bike
    PopTart Katoona
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    Finally!
    I am sure you can/will get all the support you need Non Biker. And being a Non Biker makes makes no difference, cheesecutters can effect all road users.
    Yes think of the road users out there.......who are looking for cut cheese
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	penguin_crossing_3sfw.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	27.2 KB 
ID:	104595   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	penguin_crossing_2sfw.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	29.0 KB 
ID:	104596   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	penguins_450x570.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	64.5 KB 
ID:	104597   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2_Wire_rope_fence.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	15.4 KB 
ID:	104602  
    Reactor Online. Sensors Online. Weapons Online. All Systems Nominal.

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy
    Careful...we can talk about cheesecutters, but not about cutting the cheese. That would be in bad taste.
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    Moto Guzzi V7
    Quote Originally Posted by skidMark View Post
    Yeah mate a bit of plastic is better than a fucking post any day of the week.

Damn i miss that fella

SkidMark it was not the post that killed Dan its was the wires themselves, I have had that confirmed, and it will come out at the inquest, we will make sure of that.

Bike
    Bikasaurus Rex,Tricerabike
    Quote Originally Posted by slimjim View Post
    mates i've picked a few up manytimes ... hummmm this one naaa sorry normally i'll motocross around, other times i speak of .. but this one is ... hummm sorry does not feel good and i've pulled over of those feelings' ridden twenty minutes later onto a seen yea .. this one know its a screen however feeling like ... mate now he's speaking of testing old car into a barrier post . na sorry K Br's
    ........................................... i'll pull over an spark up ,

. ............time
    ...... is
    mine

so my Heart....

...Slimjim...
    Someone explained this incoherent drivel in a later post.

So if you're concerned about the device being tested with a car,slimjerk,why not volunteer to be the crash test dummy?That way we all win.
    I'm sure the qualifications can be relaxed in your case.

Bike
    PopTart Katoona
    Blog Entries
    Careful...we can talk about cheesecutters, but not about cutting the cheese. That would be in bad taste.
    What i want to know is when people will protest against the George Foreman Concrete Barriers.
    Reactor Online. Sensors Online. Weapons Online. All Systems Nominal.

Bike
    07 Blade, 52 BSA A10
    I have met non biker and have discussed with him this idea and I can assure you it is not a scam of any sort. He is genuinely interested in making the barriers safer while also seing the commercial value. The reason he has to test with a car is that 90% of barrier contacts are with a car and the safety also relates to any debris from the impact not becoming projectiles. No point trying to make a safe barrier for bikes but when a car actually hits it becomes a death trap for everybody as well! He is not asking for money so just keep supporting at this stage and lets see where it goes......

Bike
    Good on ya Celticbhoy. I will be following this one with much interest.
    There is also much info to be perused here http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...ad.php?t=62450
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    Triple Delight
    Quote Originally Posted by Non Biker View Post
    Hi Guys I am new to your site, I am also a non biker, however I am currently working on a system to protect bikers from the wire rope barriers and also to protect bikers from those horrible steel posts that are now being used on the side of the roads to hold up the Steel barriers.
    My products are about to go through the first stage of testing, once that is completed and proven to be satisfactory I will need to find $ 70,000 to have them tested in Chistchurch to ensure that they meet the international road barrier standards.
    Once that is completed it is then a matter of getting Transit to commit to fitting the barrier shields to the existing barriers and all new barriers.
    So there is someone out there working to make the roads a saver place for you guys. I may need some help from you all at somestage in the meantime just stay clear of those horrible things and we will see an inprovement in the future.
    I have been working on this project for just on 9 months so far and are about 2-3 months from completing it.
    Non Biker
    Hey there, just wondering how you are progressing with all of this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubb View Post
    Nonono,

He rides the Leprachhaun at the end of the Rainbow. Usually goes by the name Anne McMommus

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom View Post
    Hey there, just wondering how you are progressing with all of this?
    I've just had a talk with his partner in this venture. There will be an announcement soon as to what is/isn't happening. And why...

Thread Information