Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Euro exchange rate...

Bike
    eMpTy 10
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    So how is the power and sound? Notice any more poke?

Have you got the full exhaust map on it?

Actually, I haven't noticed a big difference at all. I must add though, most of the riding I did with the bike before the pipe, was commuting (I only live 2,5k's from work, so have to take detours to and from...).

It seems a bit softer in first. It doesn't seem to have the same low down punch it used to, maybe a bit more spread and higher... What I can say though, is it is defiantely smoother all round.
    The bike used to have a surge feeling all the time at 55-60kph but that's pretty much gone. Also, in the higher gears and speed, comparing gear vs speed, it's a lot better now. Where at 110 the bike used to be better in 5th, I can actually pull 6th now without any lumpiness. It's similar for all the gears, it pulls smoother lower than before...

What is evedent though, is there is but NO way to behave on this thing... I wasn't Fully geared up when I took the bike to the shop and thought I'd take a mellow test ride afterwards... WRONG. I turned into a hooligan at the first corner... Was giggling all the way....

I only had the map done yesterday, so will be evaluating it as time goes by... Oh yes... Apparently they do two maps... One for fuelling and one for the 'throttle'. I'm not sure what the second one actually does but it's to do with the second butterfly maybe...

Oh yeah, the sound... Well, it sounds like a single really. Not too loud since I've kept the insert in. Give it a handfull though, and it barks quite nicely... It has a bit of a gurgle on the overrun, so quite satisfying...

Another thing to add... I cut about 5mm off the rear brake rod-end, so I could adjust the rear brake lever down more. Definately worth doing. No more floaty-foot rear braking. I can have my foot firmly on the peg and have better feel...

I also have a set of Zeta enduro bars waiting to go on. I don't like the flat/straight feel of the stock bars...

Another observation... I was having fun up the twisties. Previously, when I got home, one could see the tyres had been working. I was expecting the tyres to show similar wear yesterday. What I found, the tyres hardly even look like they've done anything. Either the delivery is softer/ I rode like a girl (due not having proper gear)/ the weight loss from the pipes, could be a factor in that... Or maybe NOT sledging it in on the rear brake too, lol...

And Devil, a big thanks for the advice on the screen. It's awesome. Riding into a howling headwind, no worries whatsoever...

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    I believe the 690 has fly by wire throttle...

You may find that it will run rich with the map, unless someone has done an NZ map for you, mine runs rich as, and KTM haven't released the advanced software to customise the map yet
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    eMpTy 10
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    I believe the 690 has fly by wire throttle...

You may find that it will run rich with the map, unless someone has done an NZ map for you, mine runs rich as, and KTM haven't released the advanced software to customise the map yet
    Yeah, I'm not exactly sure about the whole throttle thing, may have a good look inside there one night for cables, lol...

As for the map, hard to say. I just ride them. As long as it goes well, I'm happy...
    The map that fitted, is for the Akra pipes. Whether it works, don't know. One thing I don't have, is stalling issues, which most of the States people seem to suffer from.
    One thing I can still do, is remove the snorkel from the airbox intake... That should take care of the leanness if it is lean, lol...

Bike
    Austrian and Italian
    Do the airfilter if it's running a bit rich. KTM-parts.com has a thanksgiving special on at the moment, 20% off everything. they have a special one from K&N for the 690. (worth doing, so you dont have to have it replace at services, just cleaned).

Can you let me know how you get on with your fuel milage?

The throttle map is most likely the same as that switch that's on the other models, that gives you standard, soft, or aggressive throttle response.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    The throttle map is most likely the same as that switch that's on the other models, that gives you standard, soft, or aggressive throttle response.
    which is still nothing compared to the 990 full response aye?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    Austrian and Italian
    Dunno about that, at least mine doesn't need to lay down when it's lost.

Bike
    eMpTy 10
    Do the airfilter if it's running a bit rich. KTM-parts.com has a thanksgiving special on at the moment, 20% off everything. they have a special one from K&N for the 690. (worth doing, so you dont have to have it replace at services, just cleaned).

Can you let me know how you get on with your fuel milage?

Hahahaha... After this lot, I need to let my wallet breathe a bit, lol...

I'll definately be keeping an eye on the fuel mileage. It should be interesting for sure...

Thread Information