Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorcycle Doctors - excellent service

Bike
    ZX9R
    Just came across this so adding my 2 cents
    George knows his stuff, gave my old ZXR400 a new lease of life after fixing some deep electrical issues. Quoted me a price at the start and took much less at the end. Very honest guy. I doubt you could find better for your money!

Bike
    F-18,Ginny and #66
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JovoMan View Post
    Just came across this so adding my 2 cents
    George knows his stuff, gave my old ZXR400 a new lease of life after fixing some deep electrical issues. Quoted me a price at the start and took much less at the end. Very honest guy. I doubt you could find better for your money!
    yea, Ace in my book for sure
    Don't Ride Faster Than Your Guardian Angel Can Fly !!!

Hey Alan, Alan, Alan....

Bike
    2006 Suzuki GSXR600

Thumbs up

Great service cheers

Bike
    GSX1400 K7
    Just had George round to service the ZX9. Awesome job again - I always feel like i'm not paying him enough when its time to pay the bill. Serviced the bike throughly fitted a few aftermarket bits i'd got. If you haven't used MD before I cannot recommend the service enough. Top bloke, great work at a fraction of dealer and garage prices. Cheers George.

Bike
    Bandit
    Had George come round and sort out my bike. I booked it in for a full service and mentioned it was having issues running when hot, carb issues basically. George took it for a test ride, came back and got to work. He spent ages working on the carbs then took it for another test run up the motorway to make sure it was all set-up right. Then he did the service. The bike now runs miles better than it has ever done, feels like a different bike. Top bloke, fantastic service with great prices.

Money well spent and will be using him again for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankMe
    KB does not require a high standard of membership behavior.

Bike
    2010 CB600, 2007 ZX14
    I just thought I would throw an extra few cents in for George.
    I came home on a weekday last week to find him tinkering with the 14 (needed a new rear sprocket and new chain), he's always cheerful and greets you with a smile. We had a bit of a chinwag and I mentioned my lack of front fork suspension knowledge and he immediately jumped up, went to my Hornet and gave me a run down in precise detail on what everything did, not just "you turn this, it gets softer", but he gave examples of how the internals worked and everything. I mentioned to him that it's extremely coarse over bumps on the front end, he then proceeded to get some tools out of his van, show me exactly what happens while he turns the dials and whatnot, told me to go for a ride and see how it was - the bike was transformed (as much as stock Hornet suspension could be!) and now I love it more than ever.

After thanking him and him reiterating on the suspension and parts available he went back to work on the 14, very diligently. He still finished in good time, but wanted to just do a few more checks on the 14 - just to see if everything else is in tip top shape, at no extra cost he went over it and everything is hunky-dory.

I know I shouldn't be amazed at his continuously great service, but honeslty, I am. There aren't many people like George around these days and he deserves all the credit he gets and then some.

At no point did I feel like a stupid dumbass when he was explaining front suspension to me, he never talked down to me and only wanted me to have a better ride, and now I do. Really, I feel pretty lucky to have him in Auckland to do my services, which he'll definitely be doing all of from now on.

Bike
    GSX1400 K7
    Did my chain and sprockets a few weeks back.
    1) Saved me a whole heap of cash and got me a really good deal on good quality xring chain and sprockets, cheaper than i could find anywhere else.
    2) Superb service, came to where I work and did the work in the carpark, saving me a whole lotta running round. Did a few extra jobs / checks too. Explained well about chain tensions / adjusting properly etc.
    3) Its kinda got to the point where I look forward to service intervals coming round!!!!

Bike
    99 Suzie,05 R6.
    Looks like this guy is one of the best,must give him a call!!

Bike
    Crashed it.
    I'm just surprised the bike shop mafia haven't kneecapped ol' George... imagine the cheek of him showing them how to make customers happy!

I hope you're all 'developed a relationship' with him. I've seen it said many times here that it's what needs to be done in order to get even barely acceptable levels of service from them Apparently going and paying them money for the work performed doesn't work on it's own - you have to be their buddy first. Strange, but true!
    If it wasn't for a concise set of rules, we might have to resort to common sense!

Bike
    GSX-R600 k8
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Preload View Post
    I hope you're all 'developed a relationship' with him. I've seen it said many times here that it's what needs to be done in order to get even barely acceptable levels of service from them Apparently going and paying them money for the work performed doesn't work on it's own - you have to be their buddy first. Strange, but true!
    Indeed it is true!

Had a good bike mechanic in the past that really appreciated getting a box of piss at Christmas etc. My bikes back then hauled arse and ran like clockwork!

Bike
    2015 GSR750
    just want to add to the good press George is getting. Had him service my Gladys on Monday...... excellent and very thorough job. will definately get him in again, without any hesitation.

Bike
    GSX-R 600
    I agree great service should be acknowledged. George serviced my GSX-R 600 today, awesome job and a great price to boot.

Not only did he service the bike but he helped set it up for my riding style too, runs sweet now!

Bloody handy that he comes to you as well.

Bike
    Honda

Thumbs up

I’m really fussy about who goes near my bike with a wrench. I got hold of George after reading the feedback here to give Motorcycle Doctors a go.

Made an appointment to change out a clutch, chain, front and rear sprockets.

He shows up bang on time and gets straight into it. I watched him at work for a bit and am really impressed. No worries about missed bits or loose bolts with this fella.

Highly recommended +++++

Bike
    2008 Kawasaki EX250

Two tumbs up!

I gave the motorcycle doctor a call after reading all of the great stuff posted here. George serviced my bike last week and came back to fit a new tyre and brakes today. Top notch work, great price and George's customer service is awesome! He even called to see how the tyre worked out on the way home!

Bike
    99 Suzie,05 R6.
    Does anyone know whether he accepts credit card payments?

Thread Information