Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So, I've just bought a Triumph Scrambler

Bike
    Street Triple R
    I now own a set of these.

And thanks for your input guys, and especially Big D: that initial review a couple of years ago is what got me started on this track.... I am at about page 70 on the adv rider thread so far.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	644506w.gif 
Views:	32 
Size:	14.1 KB 
ID:	117976  
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    2009 Triumph Tiger 1050 SE

Lightbulb

Where did you get the Ohlins, what model/size and how much please before I compress every single vertebra I own . . .

Bike
    Street Triple R
    I emailed Robert Taylor at Crown Kiwi, and said "hook me up". They are ummmmm something. Not sure (the box is at home).

Oh, and you get exactly what you pay for.

drbob[at]crownkiwi.co.nz

You will not be disappointed. I am saving money for a fork rebuild at present.

http://www.ohlins.com/Motorcycle/tabid/53/Default.aspx

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/member.php?u=12047

Bike
    06 scrambler,xrl,
    Blog Entries
    They must be flying out the Triumph dealers doors at the moment.
    Another matt black owner dropped around yesterday to compare bikes.
    His was a pre fuel inj jobby, and looked mint in the flesh with the matt paint work.
    These bikes are a real good fun, retro machine. Not sure about the whole inj gig, but time will tell. Enjoy the farkling HDC.

Bike
    hi henry - i have the same ride and the shocks are off to robert ASAP

BTW where do you *buy* a 13mm deep offset ringspanner ?? repco tried to make me buy a set of FIVE for $100 WTF

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by PGT View Post
    hi henry - i have the same ride and the shocks are off to robert ASAP

BTW where do you *buy* a 13mm deep offset ringspanner ?? repco tried to make me buy a set of FIVE for $100 WTF
    I ended up buying a set of five powerbuilt ones at Smiths City for $70.

I find myself using them a fair bit, they are quite a good tool.

Money spent on tools is never wasted.......

I'm getting my forks back in the next day or so.

I've mounted a decent horn (stock position, hopefully it will clear the forks....), made the triboy patent see through crud catcher, and found some mesh and made a five minute oil cooler guard till I can source some stainless mesh I like. The one that is on there looks like shit but its a short term thing.

Thunderbike are doing a set of cams, pipes (and a free t shirt!) for the Scrambler: $2500. Its tempting (when I have $2500). Presently I dont.

Bike
    KTM 2T & LC4
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    Thunderbike are doing a set of cams, pipes (and a free t shirt!) for the Scrambler
    The pipes sound ace, if raucously loud - I've ridden their demo on a couple of short strops. The Thruxton race bike was pumping out some serious extra horses with their gear bolted on.
    Cheers,
    Colin

Quote Originally Posted by Steve McQueen
    All racers I know aren't in it for the money. They race because it's something inside of them... They're not courting death. They're courting being alive.

Bike

Cool

Cheers for the reply Henry, apropos of which I just picked up a single 12-13 offset ring from AES in Beaumont St (aka Marineland) - better than DIY but good pricing too and they're thinking of stocking 4T or 5100 too! My bike just became a boat

Post some pics of the oil cooler cover ASAP - need one bad

TB cam sounds good for dyno stats plus found a Rev Limiter+ & Ignition Advance Remap which goes on the wishlist - happy to send that on if you're feeling flush

Also looking for either a "turquoise" paint coverup or a matt khaki/black respray

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    and found some mesh and made a five minute oil cooler guard till I can source some stainless mesh I like.
    Pop down to Coulter Wireworks - 63 Coleridge Street (366 0636). They have different stainless mesh and should provide a off-cut that will cover the oil cooler cheap. If you want a fancy one they could make up a nice frame that clips on and clamp the mesh in it.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Pop down to Coulter Wireworks - 63 Coleridge Street (366 0636). They have different stainless mesh and should provide a off-cut that will cover the oil cooler cheap. If you want a fancy one they could make up a nice frame that clips on and clamp the mesh in it.
    Legend!!

thanks for that, I can do it on the way to work!

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by PGT View Post
    Cheers for the reply Henry, apropos of which I just picked up a single 12-13 offset ring from AES in Beaumont St (aka Marineland) - better than DIY but good pricing too and they're thinking of stocking 4T or 5100 too! My bike just became a boat

Post some pics of the oil cooler cover ASAP - need one bad

TB cam sounds good for dyno stats plus found a Rev Limiter+ & Ignition Advance Remap which goes on the wishlist - happy to send that on if you're feeling flush

Also looking for either a "turquoise" paint coverup or a matt khaki/black respray
    do the khaki/matt black though if you do, to get the benefit you really need to do all of it, i.e. no brightwork anywhere. It looks great but would be expensive to do properly.

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Ive started to get the shovelfuls of money and set fire to it:=I am investigating a passenger backrest. I will not pay $750 for a Triumph one that is just ridiculous..
    Who are you getting prices from? Guy at work has a Speed triple and his partners bike is a Speed Four. Any bits he needs he gets from Jack Lilley in the UK http://www.jacklilley.com/ the prices, even including freight, are a shitload less than any NZ dealer can offer, and they are delivered ususally within a week.

Something like this?
    http://www.jacklilley.com/view_part....1&part_id=1723
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Legend!!

thanks for that, I can do it on the way to work!
    Coulter wireworks: perfect offcut $5 folding. Bargain. I dont think I even have to trim it I can just mount it*!

*oooh errr.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Well, Ive scored a set of Thunderbike exhausts cheap* off tardme. Badass matt black.

Has anyone got them, and was it a straight bolt up, or did you need to re-jet and bugger about? My preference is to not have to unless I really have to.

I havent mounted the new pipes yet. The split collets and limited working area to get the header pipes in calls for a nice quiet warm evening in the garage.

Also, got my forks back after the Emulator/springs/oil/ rebuild by Robert Taylor.

Absolutely faultless, as always, and a night and day improvement.

Only thing left to do is a new front tyre (it has the stock Trail Wing on presently which has over 10 000 k on it)

Oh, and hot grips. I will take some happy snaps and put them up in hte next few days.

Bike
    Just typed out a huge reply but the fascist forum bully-boys timed me out while typing so guess you'll never know now, assholes

Thread Information