Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: What's to know?

Bike
    CBR125R RACE BIKE
    whatever......cant be bothered gettting in a agrument,

just remember you've only been in the sport a couple of months.....ive been ridng pocket bikes since 2006, ive had over 20 chinese pocket bikes and ive had 2 genuine polini pocket bikes and in between ive had alot of tire set ups...

Also ive been to some tracks you have never been to and never will go to, so i know what tires are good and what are not so good.

-max
    chuck norris's calender goes from march 31st to april 2nd

No one fools chuck norris.......

Bike
    Bikes!
    Wow... the ZPF is heaps tricker than the other two bikes put together...

Little cup washers on the fairing retainers, chunk gold anodized brackets everywhere... etc etc.

Must go play. Now. CIAO

Oh, and ladies, what I meant about not fagging up a useful (to noobs like me) thread with petty bickering... what I really meant was 'fuck off and talk shit somewhere else'

Bike
    Bikes!
    Well, can't say that no fucking fuel line between the tank and filter impresses me much

Next time I'll do as I always do with bikes and strip and rebuild it first. The assumption that it's been running so it'll be sweet was a fucking stupid one.

Next problem... where to buy hose suitable for such small a fuel line.

Bike
    CBR125R RACE BIKE
    lawn mower shop

Bike
    Suzuki FXR150 + Hyosung GT250R
    try your local motorcycle shop, we just brought some quality fuel hose and replaced the fuel filter
    Auckland Bucket Racer #69

WWW.CMLRACING.NET.NZ

Bike
    Bikes!
    I'll have to pluck the bike out of the garden where I threw it after it pissed petrol all over my poor drive way. I suspect I might need some new fairings after it became a ZPF caber. I'll see what I can find at Supercheap, probably fuck all else open tonight.

Bike
    CBR125R RACE BIKE
    Quote Originally Posted by Z1_ZPF_BOY View Post
    try your local motorcycle shop, we just brought some quality fuel hose and replaced the fuel filter
    why'd you do that??

Bike
    Suzuki FXR150 + Hyosung GT250R
    if you get a quality clear one you can see if the fuel is flowing properly.
    Auckland Bucket Racer #69

WWW.CMLRACING.NET.NZ

Bike
    CBR125R RACE BIKE
    why didnt it comes with a good one?? even those gp3's of mine came with a fuel tank mounted fuel filter like polini and they were cheap.....

Bike
    minimoto

Zpf

Hi Malcom

See your email,
    I must have been low on fuel line and forgot i borrowed it off
    that bike

Let me know

Cheers Greg

Bike
    2001 FXR 150 Bucket
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DELLORTO View Post
    why'd you do that??
    I came home one day, and thought " I am going to change the fuel line on the ZPF"

WWW.CMLRACING.NET.NZ - Comfleet Graphics Bucket Racer

Bike
    Bikes!
    Quote Originally Posted by xtreme View Post
    Hi Malcom

See your email,
    I must have been low on fuel line and forgot i borrowed it off
    that bike

Let me know

Cheers Greg
    Sweet as mate, I was just pissed off at myself for not a) checking a Chinese make bike out from top to bottom and b) concentrating so hard on not spilling gas over it that I didn't realise the belly pan was slowly filling up with gas I know better than that

Bike
    Bikes!
    So, was just a brief run last night... brief because I left the gas can at home, and obviously between my place, the auto parts store, and 'the track', the tank on the bike was still empty.

Bludged a little gas from the B2 (heh, I keep calling it, but really I've no idea what it is, I'll post a pic for you guys to ID), and it pulled into life nearly straight away. A bloody good start.

Needed a big handful of gas for two reasons:
    1) idle was low
    2) the throttle cable had 25mm too much travel in it, waaaaay more than the adjusters could ever hope to deal with

It ran out of gas before I had a chance to identify the idle problem and fit it, but I'm hoping that it's just set too low as it dies when you come of the gas after ripping along. I shortened the cable inner by an inch when we got home, so that let the adjusters work correctly, so now the throttle has a really nice action... teeny tiny bit of slack at the start to stop it being touchy, and snaps home like it should (the B2 doesn't snap back, it has a weird crappy rectangular slide carb, the ZPF has a nicer round slide carb with a needle, and the throttle spring is too weak. ZPF carb has a nice big throttle return spring though).

Rear brake works ok, but the fronts are totally abysmal, I couldn't even adjust them to solidly lock the front on the work bench, no matter how much I tried. I've worked in brakes for 10 years, so I've a pretty good idea of how they work, and the adjustment is pretty rudimentary so it's not like you can go too far wrong. I'll strip them on Saturday, and make some new cables, with a bit of luck I can find something to replace half the bits, I'll be looking to put some adjusters on the outers to fine tune the free play at the very least. They're the same setup as the B2 which we set up to work fine, so there's a solution there somewhere.

Rest of the chassis isn't too bad, chain needs adjusting though, definitely a step up in the quality of fasteners, that's for sure. Motor is a wee gem though; the brief ride definitely made me hungry for more.

Thread Information