Thread: Pads for k4 gsxr1000?

Bike
    Yes I do

Pads for k4 gsxr1000?

Right then, first really wet ride home from work today, only been drizzle till now... Brakes don't start working for 3-4 seconds after they are pulled. I'm guessing I've got race pads in there, they are really good in the dry.

Verrrry slow ride home with a ten second gap between me and the guy in front.

Any other gsxr people recommend me a pad that A. works in the wet and B. doesn't fade in the dry ? Are the OEM ones the go ?

Cheers,

Sedge.

Bike
    04 ZX10R 98 ZX9R #10
    do you not do a whole lot of wet riding?? This sounds normal to me. Brakes dont work flash when they are wet. I pump mine a couple to get rid of the water before I want to use them and then they work just fine.

Nearly all men can stand adversity and hard time, but if you want to test a mans true character, give him power....
    YouTube Videos
    MY PICTURES

Best place to stay in Hawkes Bay here

Bike
    Yes I do
    Every other bike I've had has brakes that work in the wet.

I'm not talking about just the first time, but every time. Seriously, pull lever in firmly, NO brakes for 3-4 seconds then blam... brakes. Lever out, 20m later no brakes again.

I ride 30k+ a year, commute to WLG from Kapiti every day rain or shine. It's a new bike, first real downpour since I've had it, brakes are quite important, I'd like to have them.

Anyone ?

Cheers,

Sedge.

Bike
    too many but never enough
    Perhaps the pads were replaced with low quality pads.

Thread Information