Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: EXCs 200, 250, 300

Bike
    one with pedals
    can't you convert a 250 to a 300 by swaping the top end parts over?
    proably not cost effective but if you happened apon the parts reaitivly cheap and needed a new top end
    "The world is a strange sad place. Ride as often as possible and try not to think about it".

Bike
    '04 300 EXC
    oooh.that.sounds.interesting.can.you?.
    http://picasaweb.google.com/kezzafish
    My pics of some trail rides and events in the lower north island
    And check out our commercial Photography site for any other photographic needs
    http://www.fishpattie.com

Bike
    08 KTM 300 EXC-E -GONE
    Kezza a couple of things to keep in mind:

If you don't want to go backwards technology wise then you have to go for an 08 as the exc's are a year behind and they got the 07 sx frame in 08.

The head shake was alot more prevalent in the older ktms but the 08 frame sorted alot of this out. In saying that I do run a damper but I rode it for quite a while with out one and never had a problem with headshake and I only put one on because I wanted to see what they were like and the US dollar was strong at the time so i got it at a real good price. I have had an 03 and spent a bit of time on a 07 and I never really had problems with head shake on those bikes and I hear the 06 was the worst for it (someone may correct me)

Suspension wise you will have to change springs on any of them at your weight.

The 200 is a great little bike and has excellent power down low for a small bore and I certainly would like to have one for the real tight stuff as the 300 is just a waste as you never get to use any of its grunt (unless your Chris Birch).

But the 300 is a great all rounder, if you want to deal to your mates on their 450's the 300 will out run them no problems, the bike can be lugged to the point that you wonder how it still runs or if you are feeling fit you can ride it on the pipe and scream it.

Yep i very likely will have to sell mine as i'm very close to securing a deal to work in OZ, but as soon as I setttle and can afford it I will be buying another 300 with a doubt.

The best bet though is go to ride a few, ask the dealer if they have any demo models, triple x in Auck gave me a 07 for a weekend and an 08 for another weekend which really helped me make my mind up.

Bike
    08 KTM 300 EXC-E -GONE
    Quote Originally Posted by kezzafish View Post
    oooh.that.sounds.interesting.can.you?.
    Yep you can, people on KTM TALK are always talking about it.

Bike
    kx250f
    Quote Originally Posted by cheese View Post
    I was about to say do you have your man period? Not getting any action at home mate?
    wife is seven months pregnant, 14mth old boy sleeps the opposite hours to me and hits me on the head with the tv remote if I lie on the sofa.

Anyway what this thing Barty was telling me about that you do with your buttocks when ridding? And I don't mean the time you came back from gizzy with a rubber still left between them?

Bike
    08 KTM 300 EXC-E -GONE
    Quote Originally Posted by rupecopp View Post
    wife is seven months pregnant, 14mth old boy sleeps the opposite hours to me and hits me on the head with the tv remote if I lie on the sofa.

Anyway what this thing Barty was telling me about that you do with your buttocks when ridding? And I don't mean the time you came back from gizzy with a rubber still left between them?
    Good stuff mate you have loads more fun to come then, I had my knee surgery today but there was certainly no chance of a peaceful recovery on the couch with my two around.

Bike
    '04 300 EXC
    sweet. cheers for ya info Dammd. I can't afford the 08 and i'm not gonna get into anymore debt. I'm gonna be paying off a motard (that i'll never fucking see again) for the next 4 years. I'm just gonna have to take a hit and get something a bit older. I'm gonna look for older 300s or most likely the latest 250 i can get. I'd go for the right 200 if it comes along even if i think it is too little for my lanky frame... fuck it... i just wanna change. I'll trade mine for an xr if you're keen oldschool?

Bike
    some honda bits in a kx chassis
    You seem to think that KTM is the only way to go?
    The gasgas EC250 is consistently compared as the most aggressive enduro 250 2t on the market, and in my opinion has better brakes
    Although they are rather hard to find, trademe only has new ones

Someone was bound to point it out sooner or later
    we may just go where no ones been

Bike
    08 KTM 300 EXC-E -GONE
    Quote Originally Posted by kezzafish View Post
    sweet. cheers for ya info Dammd. I can't afford the 08 and i'm not gonna get into anymore debt. I'm gonna be paying off a motard (that i'll never fucking see again) for the next 4 years. I'm just gonna have to take a hit and get something a bit older. I'm gonna look for older 300s or most likely the latest 250 i can get. I'd go for the right 200 if it comes along even if i think it is too little for my lanky frame... fuck it... i just wanna change. I'll trade mine for an xr if you're keen oldschool?
    yeah fair enough, the older models are not bad by any means, my mate just got a 06 200 for 5300 which I thought was a good deal, if I had the money I would love to own a 200 and a 300. But to be honest the 250's never really get alot of the lime light. I see Chris Birch has switched to one for the endro series though so they must be all good, maybe he can shed some more light on the subject?

Bike
    08 KTM 300 EXC-E -GONE
    Quote Originally Posted by noobi View Post
    You seem to think that KTM is the only way to go?
    The gasgas EC250 is consistently compared as the most aggressive enduro 250 2t on the market, and in my opinion has better brakes
    Although they are rather hard to find, trademe only has new ones

Someone was bound to point it out sooner or later
    The gassers do get good reviews and I looked at quite a few before i switched to KTM's but every time I sit on one they just give me an impression of being cheap. But each to their own.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by dammad1 View Post
    The gassers do get good reviews and I looked at quite a few before i switched to KTM's but every time I sit on one they just give me an impression of being cheap. But each to their own.

a ha, did you ever ride one???
    like gripper seats, there good to a point then just annoying

Bike
    '04 300 EXC
    yeah same. all the casting looks nasty. I'd still go for one at the right price but as you said noobi... there's fuck all around

Bike
    08 KTM 300 EXC-E -GONE
    Quote Originally Posted by noobi View Post
    a ha, did you ever ride one???
    like gripper seats, there good to a point then just annoying
    No I only ever sat on them, but as I said I know they have alot of good reviews so i'm sure they go good. Those cheap 07's that were going around would have been a good deal, I tried to find one for my mate but they had all sold out.

Bike
    No I only ever sat on them, but as I said I know they have alot of good reviews so i'm sure they go good. Those cheap 07's that were going around would have been a good deal, I tried to find one for my mate but they had all sold out.
    I'm only allowed to look at the bikes in bike shops...
    It may happen with 08 models

Bike
    hopefully bringing something back to NZ
    Quote Originally Posted by rupecopp View Post

come on play nicely boys or youll be sent to yah rooms.
    [SIGPIC][/SIG

Thread Information