Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First police telling-off...

Bike
    2008 Yamaha Scorpio

First police telling-off...

I got pulled over for the first time... I was following WasPhantom home from the supermarket last night and went through a couple of orange lights. One of them I would have had to struggle to stop for, but one was a wee bit close, and if I weren't following I probably would have stopped.

Hmm, I find when I'm following my mind is more committed to getting through the lights so I'm not as prepared to stop if without a bit more warning, something I still need to work on.

Anyway, turned out I was right in front of an unmarked police car, but I reckon my l-plate saved me... she asked if I was following that other bike, and if he was going too fast for me! He was going a bit faster than I usually do through town (though there's usually more traffic when I go through). She did the license check, breath test (another first time!), and told me she could give me the lecture or the two tickets. Luckily she went for the lecture and let me go.

I got a bit emo about it, 'cause I'm a goodie-two-shoes and don't like being told off!! So the telling off seems to be effective for me...

Bike
    Bobbie Bandit, Willy Tilly
    Quote Originally Posted by bezajel View Post
    I got pulled over for the first time... I was following WasPhantom home from the supermarket last night and went through a couple of orange lights. One of them I would have had to struggle to stop for, but one was a wee bit close, and if I weren't following I probably would have stopped.

Hmm, I find when I'm following my mind is more committed to getting through the lights so I'm not as prepared to stop if without a bit more warning, something I still need to work on.

Anyway, turned out I was right in front of an unmarked police car, but I reckon my l-plate saved me... she asked if I was following that other bike, and if he was going too fast for me! He was going a bit faster than I usually do through town (though there's usually more traffic when I go through). She did the license check, breath test (another first time!), and told me she could give me the lecture or the two tickets. Luckily she went for the lecture and let me go.

I got a bit emo about it, 'cause I'm a goodie-two-shoes and don't like being told off!! So the telling off seems to be effective for me...
    Don't try to follow a pace car/bike, and remember that a cop could be anywhere at ALL TIMES. They're there to save yourself from your big head, among other things

Just remember, next time will cost you a pretty penny, and keep that goddamn L-plate on.
    Some people just can't seem to comprehend that they do not have the right to be unoffended in their lives.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatt Max View Post
    Watching your wife giving birth is like watching your favourite pub burn down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatt Max View Post
    I can roll a turd that reaches 15kg before it snaps off my arse

Bike
    2006 Hyosung GT650R
    Quote Originally Posted by bezajel View Post
    I got a bit emo about it, 'cause I'm a goodie-two-shoes and don't like being told off!!
    awwwwwww thats just awesome. You can have my hankie. Heres a hug... awwwwww...

Now on yer bike, and back to antagonising the fuzz!
    Steve
    "I am a licenced motorcycle instructor, I agree with dangerousbastard, no point in repeating what he said."
    "read what Steve says. He's right."
    "What Steve said pretty much summed it up."
    "I did axactly as you said and it worked...!!"
    "Wow, Great advise there DB."
    WTB: Hyosung bikes or going or not.

Bike
    2008 Yamaha Scorpio
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackshear View Post
    Don't try to follow a pace car/bike, and remember that a cop could be anywhere at ALL TIMES. They're there to save yourself from your big head, among other things

Just remember, next time will cost you a pretty penny, and keep that goddamn L-plate on.
    And I was totally out riding so I could get rid of the l-plate (getting back into practice for the restricted)... damn my big head! (I don't try to compete, but do try to keep up a bit - I'm a much better rider when by myself)

Quote Originally Posted by DangerousBastard View Post
    awwwwwww thats just awesome. You can have my hankie. Heres a hug... awwwwww...

Steve
    Bahahaha, awesome!

Bike
    2006 Hyosung GT650R
    To be serious for a tick, the newbie rider is often best out in front, leaving the more experienced person to follow them. This is probably not true for absolute newbies in heavy city traffic, but car drivers converting to bike, yes.

Steve
    "I am a licenced motorcycle instructor, I agree with dangerousbastard, no point in repeating what he said."

Bike
    Bikeless.NNnnnooooooooo!
    Blog Entries
    I reckon favoritism is alive and well in the sisterhood....

Next time I get pulled over for going a bit fats..."Honest officer, I am a learner and was only riding at 130 to keep up with my teacher..????"

Good advise in earlier posts...Make your own riding decisions, don't blindly follow those in the lead.

Its only a warning don't sweat it and use the lesson/lecture to inprove your skills....

Bike
    BMW R1200RT
    It sounds like a good outcome all round.

Ride safe and have fun.
    Ride it until the wheels fall off...

Bike
    Can Am Spyder RS. 2010
    Running an amber light...FFS, come to Rotovagas, the light has to be red for a couple of minutes before people stop. I know you should do it anyway but I always double check if I'm first (or even second or third) off at the lights

Bike
    2015 GSR750
    Orange light = slow down and prepare to stop, unless it is unsafe to do so. Most people behave like it means speed up ! and fly through !..... quick! before is changes to red!!

Bike
    that one in my sig
    Quote Originally Posted by mattian View Post
    Orange light = slow down and prepare to stop, unless it is unsafe to do so. Most people behave like it means speed up ! and fly through !..... quick! before is changes to red!!
    Nah man.. You mustn't have been given the new rode code where they adjusted the meaning of the signals.

Green = Situation normal - drive like a maniac
    Orange = Speed up at all costs
    Red = Go unless your way is blocked by oncomming traffic

Bike
    2006 BMW F800ST
    Quote Originally Posted by DangerousBastard View Post
    Steve
    How do you know she has a problem with her saddle?
    In space, no one can smell your fart.

Bike
    big minton
    Dreading the day I get pulled up.....hopefully I wont be doing anything wrong lol
    Quote Originally Posted by 325rocket View Post
    Isn't it a rectum stretching pain in the ring piece when the mrs wants to slip in a digit and wont use lube
    Quote Originally Posted by gatch View Post
    I don't need pills to make me blow massive loads
    Cold Kiwi

Everyone loves duck sauce, is the amazing or is this amazing?!

Bike
    18 Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    Love the story. You passed the attitude test and welling up and being about to burst was something that the cop wanted to avoid (probably low on tissues).

Never mind the sisterhood, I recon a bloke cop would have let you go even easier

Note to Diary: Always carry spare onion to sniff before speaking with cops.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    I like it when they stick their hands down the front of your leathers and ask you to cough..............

Pictures soon.

Bike
    2006 Hyosung GT650R
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheshire Cat View Post
    Dreading the day I get pulled up.....hopefully I wont be doing anything wrong lol
    Statistically, one day you will get stopped for sure. It will be out of the blue and a great surprise to you at the time, about nothing significant at all, and it will cost you about $80-$120 and you will be quite indignant about it.

Steve

Thread Information