Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greybeard's Classic Scrambles

Bike
    All of them

Looks like it was a good day.The guys on the RM125's seem to be having fun.Plenty of CZ's too - and one with a Honda in it....also on a trailer,is that a Maico (yellow) with a Honda engine? The yellow Rickman Bultaco with the round head 250 engine is beautiful,great to see he's using it too.The white Rickman with the pre unit T100 looks pretty low,almost no cornering clearance....to many pies in the rebuild? There is an AJS 370 (?) in there too,or maybe it's the Greeves Griffon,always get them mixed up.Both were at the meeting I went to.

I'm sure Natchflug would like to see that - post the link on ADV Old Skool.
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

Bike
    Enfield cr250r
    Blog Entries
    Some very nice bikes there but why does it seem, that almost all events are run on flat ground, I race my Enfield here and we defiantly have jumps My front mudguard is hitting the frame of one of the bigger ones ,, ( its on my todo list this year )

I would love to see a Scottish type trial as well , with fast open lea-sons sp? and observed trials section ,,, I wonder if it could be incorporated in normal trail rides ???

hey ho

Stephen
    "Look, Madame, where we live, look how we live ... look at the life we have...The Republic has forgotten us."

Bike
    -
    Phwoar! Nice Elsinore!

Bike
    All of them
    I'm aggrieved...err sorry - I mean it's a Greeves.

Bike
    Smokers and a tractor
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian d'marge View Post
    Some very nice bikes there but why does it seem, that almost all events are run on flat ground, I race my Enfield here and we defiantly have jumps Stephen

Not true as Kiwi Vintage has been running a Vintage MotoX Championship for the last 6 years.The majority are run on natural terrain paddocks kindly loaned out by VMX friendly farmers and they are generally anything but flat.

This years champs were wrapped up two weekends ago and another successful series was had by all with more new faces and bikes turning up every year.

If anyone is interested you are more than welcome,there is also a recreation class for people to "have a go"and see if they like it.To check out if any rides/meetings are coming up have a gander at http://vmx.livewire.gen.nz/index.htm

Excellent pics BD but did ya manage to take the Rocket 3 scrambler for a fang?
    I saw Hugh Anderson last year racing around at a local Brit meet at Wanga's showing the whippersnappers how its done,a true legend and still fast as.

Bike
    Enfield cr250r
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eelracing View Post
    Not true as Kiwi Vintage has been running a Vintage MotoX Championship for the last 6 years.The majority are run on natural terrain paddocks kindly loaned out by VMX friendly farmers and they are generally anything but flat.

Thats the site I watch ,,,and looks flat to me ,,, ( I like the NZ version better if there is/are a little bit of air ... ..not the twenty foot leaps that the MX bike does ...)

I am trying to come over to nz with my Enfield to try some trails and some VMX

maybe one day !

Stephen
    have uploaded some photos from our meeting , this was last year ..sorry this year s are on a drive I cant access right now
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAGE_249.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	316.8 KB 
ID:	126969   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAGE_252.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	301.7 KB 
ID:	126970   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAGE_257.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	237.5 KB 
ID:	126971   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAGE_270.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	263.0 KB 
ID:	126972  
    "Look, Madame, where we live, look how we live ... look at the life we have...The Republic has forgotten us."

Bike
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    I'm aggrieved...err sorry - I mean it's a Greeves.
    Yes there's a Greeves, but there's also a nice little Elsie running around in your photos. Prettiest MX bike

Bike
    All of them
    Quote Originally Posted by eelracing View Post

Excellent pics BD but did ya manage to take the Rocket 3 scrambler for a fang?
    Nah - Lit it up a bit cross paddock when leaving though.

Whatsit - I was answering Motu re greeveseses. we don't need to quote amongst friends - even the ones who are unliterate like yo :-P

Yeah,just done the Google reshearch I should have done last night - so it's a Greeves Griffon,rather than the AJS Stormer.Although the tank is nothing like a Greeves tank.

Usually Greybeard Scrambles are done on farm land,using natural terrain,the Helensville meeting is flat because of the venue.Someone offers a site,you take it.
    Waging war with society

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Looks like they're having fun. Making an article up for the next issue of KR Dave?

Bike
    All of them
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonez View Post
    Looks like they're having fun. Making an article up for the next issue of KR Dave?
    Yeah - Recorded some owner interviews. Not sure what edition though.

Bike
    BMW F650 Hoonda GB500 KTM525 sixdays
    Top shots Dave! - you must love your work...

Those late 70s jappas are the early limit of my knowledge. I do remember though that right back then a shop in Tuakau was bringing in DKW 125s with leading link forks and a massive radial heads. they were current model but retro even then!
    Retired- just some guy with a few bikes......

Bike
    All of them
    Ra. Ther. :-)

Dunno about the shop in Tuakau,that was like,way out in the back country man.But Laurie Summers was the main agent for DKW I'd say....The Count had ''contacts'' in Transylvania.I really wanted one - the chrome tank,the huge fins....and the leading link forks.The new old stock was going real cheap by the late '70's.

I was talking to the guy with the Greeves about 3 years ago,he had just pulled it out of a barn after sitting for many years....hadn't even cleaned it.

Kevin Sargent should of been there,and I think that's him on the Honda powered CZ.He was one of the guys that started the Greybeard scrambles.
    Waging war with society

Thread Information