Thread: Rego and W.O.F question...

Bike
    Kawasaki ZZR-1100

Rego and W.O.F question...

Ok, was just wondering..do your rego and WOF stickers have to be visible on the outside of your machine, or can I stick them under the seat and just show any oinker who happens to pull me over in the hope of a $350,000 fine for having done 106 in a 100 zone?
    I'm laid up with the flu..so thought if I can't ride it I may as well polish it...

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy
    They are supposed to be visible at all times. If not, the parking sharks will often get you for nondislplay. With the HP etc depends on their mood I think.
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    As above. Rego sticker also has to be within a certain distance of your rego plate. All info avail on LTSA web site.

Bike
    1999 CBR1100XX Blackbird
    Yeah, what they said. Someone on here recently got a ticket from a parking warden for not displaying a licence label which was stuck under the seat.

Oinker - that's a new one. Not.

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    Hm. I stick mine to the windscreen , like in a car (though the WOF at bottom of screen). That seems logical given the size of a BMW windscreen.

But I'm not sure if it is strictly correct. The rule (actually a notice by the Minister under section 14) seems a bit vague. I read it as on the windscreen, or if that is not practical, near the number plate.

Advantage of on the windscreen is that I can see it easily to (a) notice it has fallen off (!) and (b) notice that it has expired (!) .

But I am bit cautious of talking of windscreens on motorcyles (as opposed to wind deflectors) because in theory if it has a windscreen it should have windscreen wipers !.

Not that they might not be a good thing, though the Beemer has a clever windscreen that I can electrically adjust for height so it is easy to set it to a height where I can look over the top, whilst the rain swoops over my head.
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    2008 Kettweisel Style.

Arrow Nope, I would not put it under seat.

As it is not visable to others. Whats wrong with behind the number plate like everyone else?
    Those who insist on perfect safety, don't have the balls to live in the real world.

Thread Information