Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Africa Twin owners and wannabes thread

Bike
    1998 Africa Twin XRV750

Africa twin speedo

Thanks both - i'll give it a go. A few emails should sort things out. Or not, we'll see. Never had a speedo head go belly up before even on some of the crappier old British 1960s dogs I had to ride. cheers

Bike
    Africa Twin / XRV 750 (RD04L)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stevebill View Post
    Anyone got an RD04 who would be willing to pop the speedo head out- just enough to read the serial No. ans maker? Hopefully the maker is NS. Im speedo-less at the moment and can only findone off an RD04 whereas mine's an 07 and the head's serial HP0281003. Cheers Steve
    Just so happens mine is off at present but where is the SN? On the speedo itself you say? Can't see anything...
    There are two kinds of adventurers: those who go truly hoping to find adventure and those who go secretly hoping they won't. We should come home from our adventures having faced their perils and uncertainties, endured their discomfort and beaten the odds, with a sly acknowledgment and revitalised solidarity of character.

Bike
    1998 Africa Twin XRV750

AT speedo

Hi, the serial No. is on the lower part on the face, and there are two initials on the left of the number. Neither can be seen when the speedo's in it's housing.
    thanks

Bike
    1998 Africa Twin XRV750
    Hi Buggsubique- did you get anywhere with finding the serial No. on the sppedo, there's an RD04 speedo for sale on ebay Germany and Id like to make sure it will run properly. If you didnt, no problem I have a German mate who will ask questions for me.cheers

Bike
    Very Modded DR650
    Check out the 'Mounting Cnut Hill - Sat 9/5' thread for some photo's of Twisty, a recent conscript into the Wellington crew using his RD07 in proper style.
    www.AdventureRidingNZ.co.nz NZ's dedicated Adventure Riding Community
    Forums, free GPS track downloads and much more. Now over 5700 members, are you one of them?

Bike
    Honda 650 Africa twin and a Dommie
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddieb View Post
    Check out the 'Mounting Cnut Hill - Sat 9/5' thread for some photo's of Twisty, a recent conscript into the Wellington crew using his RD07 in proper style.
    Yeah ! go the @ !
    Nice bike Twisty , good photos too.
    I can see we're going to have to have an @ gathering at some stage

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stevebill View Post
    Hi Buggsubique- did you get anywhere with finding the serial No. on the sppedo, there's an RD04 speedo for sale on ebay Germany and Id like to make sure it will run properly. If you didnt, no problem I have a German mate who will ask questions for me.cheers
    sorry mate, been a bit flat out and forgot about it. 021650565 and give me an earfull if I don't come back to you tonight with it.
    There are two kinds of adventurers: those who go truly hoping to find adventure and those who go secretly hoping they won't. We should come home from our adventures having faced their perils and uncertainties, endured their discomfort and beaten the odds, with a sly acknowledgment and revitalised solidarity of character.

Bike
    2007 Suzuki SM400
    Riding an Africa off road always feels to me like taking a rhino into a china shop, and yet it's always lots of fun :-)

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Buy me buy me buy me buy me!!!!!!

Very low km and tidy (relatively speaking).

Bike
    91 R80GS
    Very pretty

Shit is everyone checking out KB today at lunch or is this what people do all day? I've just spent the morning in the office pricing & invoicing & I have to get out before my head explodes...

Bike
    Blog Entries
    "Do it dog! Get the XRV! No chick will be able to resist you on that stallion!"

Bike
    (sold)Suzuki DR 650se
    ..A Stallion and a Perm!!!!....

Bike
    Honda 650 Africa twin and a Dommie
    I may not have a perm , but I've just done the next worst thing .
    I put the OE can on the @
    Yes Underground has gone into stealth mode .
    The cheap aftermarket one shit its guts out somewhere near Rai the other day so I thought I'd put the KTM one on seeing thats off the road, but there was too much faffing round to fit it , sounded real good though.
    Now it just sounds like someone farting at the bottom of a diving pool.
    Be interesting to see how it performs , it was down on power with the straight pipe and running on instead of dropping back to idle .

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    It'll richen it up a bit which may be just what the Dr ordered...

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Screen background.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20090913-105043-000029.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	183.5 KB 
ID:	142324  

Thread Information