Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 44452535455 LastLast

Thread: Cheesecutter campaign

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by inlinefour View Post
    Throw a pig carcass out of a van doing 100kph at the barriers
    Throwing a retard out of a wheelchair would probably have the same result.

I don't think there's been such an epic back-track since the days of skidmark.

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by reofix View Post
    This is... and always has been bullshit ... with 1500 kg objects just over the centreline doing 100 k ... and you are worried about stationery stuff you might crash into...get a life .. and learn to ride ... avoiding crashing into stationery stuff is riding 101
    think you missed the boat on that one

but i found this picture which describes you situation very well.
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    It was on the good
    Yeah no worries RIB, its nice that someone actually figured out what I was doing,
    And what have we learnt ? The people who didn't know you before think you are a twat, it appears the people who have known you for a while think you’re a twat, and your dairy is full. Well done.

As for reinvigorating the campaign, hardly. Posting on KB will do nothing. If you really do despise them your time would be better spent doing something about them rather than winding people up on here and coming across as a complete and utter nutcase. Just think, you could have helped solved the issue over the last couple of weeks instead of being an arse.

I work in the industry and I put guardrail in. I might even know your imaginary uncle. As a rider I am not bothered about what guardrail is used as I don’t intend hitting it. They all hurt.

For what it is worth, here's my 2c for a ‘campaign’. Petitions and protest rides will do fuck all. Forget about MP’s, they don’t ride every day. Forget about NZTA National Office, the people who count have been there too long and are set in their ways. An outsider is not going to change their opinion unless a whole raft of other countries ban the use of WRB and I haven’t seen that evidence even though people keep saying it is happening. If a factual and professional case was presented then just maybe they will take an interest, but as soon as it gets emotional and the term cheese cutter comes out you have lost the battle. Last time I looked there was not enough NZ evidence of them being that bad for motorcyclists so you can’t go down that road.

The best thing to do IMO is to complain (or preferably just talk) to your local NZTA office. Build a relationship. In the end they will look a bit a more closely at the issue, rather than fobbing people off. They are the ones who might be able to convince their National Office, and even if they can’t, they can make a local decision not to use WRB if they believe the safety issues are valid.

I don’t want to have a dig at BRONZ, I can see that starting in another thread, but the R for Rights can put some people on the defensive immediately. For that reason I think individual contact is the way to go, so rather than vent on this thread you’d be better off going straight to the people who count. You never know, you might achieve something other than lengthening a thread that has been going on for over two years.

Back to IL4. Your shit stirring/trolling has done nothing to further the cause, if that was the intention, it has just changed peoples opinion of you. The only reason I didn’t put you on ignore is. That your punctuation made me laugh.

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    As a rider I am not bothered about what guardrail is used as I don’t intend hitting it. They all hurt.
    Which is precisely the problem. We don't intend to hit anything...but if (or when) it happens, we'd rather be hurt than diced.
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    2008 Kettweisel Style.
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    And what have we learnt ? The people who didn't know you before think you are a twat, it appears the people who have known you for a while think you’re a twat, and your dairy is full. Well done.

As for reinvigorating the campaign, hardly. Posting on KB will do nothing. If you really do despise them your time would be better spent doing something about them rather than winding people up on here and coming across as a complete and utter nutcase. Just think, you could have helped solved the issue over the last couple of weeks instead of being an arse.

I work in the industry and I put guardrail in. I might even know your imaginary uncle. As a rider I am not bothered about what guardrail is used as I don’t intend hitting it. They all hurt.

For what it is worth, here's my 2c for a ‘campaign’. Petitions and protest rides will do fuck all. Forget about MP’s, they don’t ride every day. Forget about NZTA National Office, the people who count have been there too long and are set in their ways. An outsider is not going to change their opinion unless a whole raft of other countries ban the use of WRB and I haven’t seen that evidence even though people keep saying it is happening. If a factual and professional case was presented then just maybe they will take an interest, but as soon as it gets emotional and the term cheese cutter comes out you have lost the battle. Last time I looked there was not enough NZ evidence of them being that bad for motorcyclists so you can’t go down that road.

The best thing to do IMO is to complain (or preferably just talk) to your local NZTA office. Build a relationship. In the end they will look a bit a more closely at the issue, rather than fobbing people off. They are the ones who might be able to convince their National Office, and even if they can’t, they can make a local decision not to use WRB if they believe the safety issues are valid.

I don’t want to have a dig at BRONZ, I can see that starting in another thread, but the R for Rights can put some people on the defensive immediately. For that reason I think individual contact is the way to go, so rather than vent on this thread you’d be better off going straight to the people who count. You never know, you might achieve something other than lengthening a thread that has been going on for over two years.

Back to IL4. Your shit stirring/trolling has done nothing to further the cause, if that was the intention, it has just changed peoples opinion of you. The only reason I didn’t put you on ignore is. That your punctuation made me laugh.
    You have learnt that alot of people here would much rather pick faults with other peoples posts. Than get off their arses' and actually do something worth while, to achieve what is wanted. I couldn't give a rats arse what people think of me here, I never did. Nor could I care less if my spelling and punctuation lives up to someone elses' expectations, or not.

I see now it was a waste of time trying to rark up this thread. There are plenty of keyboard coyboys here, but not really anyone who is prepared to do much else. I guess I was right at the beginning, when I said that people here just want to bitch and moan? As it would appear your all good for stuff all else. Your loss at the end of the day and if so. You will all be needing to get used to the WRB.
    Those who insist on perfect safety, don't have the balls to live in the real world.

Bike
    Speed Triple
    Do us all a favour and fuck off aye?

Your input is worse then worthless,Your fail is of epic proportions and your delusions are grandiose.

Your in no position to put anyone down.

Bike
    ... people here just want to bitch and moan? As it would appear your all good for stuff all else. ....
    And you are different, how?
    I don't see you 'getting off your arse' (sorry) and doing something about thses bloody things, either. Why should it be someone else?
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    2008 Kettweisel Style.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSTRS View Post
    And you are different, how?
    I don't see you 'getting off your arse' (sorry) and doing something about thses bloody things, either. Why should it be someone else?
    A. I'm not the one taking part in the cheese cutter campaign.
    B. I'm no longer riding, no longer have the same issue(s).
    C. I have much more to contend with now I'm disabled and as a result have far less free time (not out of choice).

and most importantly,

D. I'm not one of the many here, who are expecting/wanting things to change.

I did enter this thread to do my own bitch and moan. I'm quite possibly the only one here who is happy to admit this, yet I'm not the only one doing the bitching and moaning. Yet for all of it, its counting for absolutely nothing and not making any change.
    Those who insist on perfect safety, don't have the balls to live in the real world.

Bike
    That's as may be...kinda 2 faced to accuse us of bitching and moaning, by doing just that.

Bike
    2008 Kettweisel Style.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSTRS View Post
    That's as may be...kinda 2 faced to accuse us of bitching and moaning, by doing just that.
    Maybe, but it also shows that what your doing is jack shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Headbanger View Post
    Do us all a favour and fuck off aye?

Your input is worse then worthless,Your fail is of epic proportions and your delusions are grandiose.

Your in no position to put anyone down.
    Coming from you that means 5/8ths of fuck all and you would have to be the biggest hypocrite here at KB. Your bleating about something that your just as happy to be doing yourself. Ever heard of pot calling the kettle black? Or does that sort of thing go over your head? I remember reading in one of your posts that your work had you involved in installing WRB? If this is actually the case then your far beyond being a hypocrite and if you was really against WRB, you wouldn't take part in adding more.

Bike
    Speed Triple
    The only thing you have shown is your a moron.

And to damn thick to stop.

Dig faster?

Bike
    Triple Delight

Blah Ready to kick start this again

Quote Originally Posted by Gubb View Post
    Nonono,

He rides the Leprachhaun at the end of the Rainbow. Usually goes by the name Anne McMommus

Bike
    07 R1200GS

roadkill

when we look at ourselves we might start to find the answers to biker deaths... but blaming others is so easy and makes us feel so damn righteous

Bike
    PopTart Katoona
    Blog Entries
    Reactor Online. Sensors Online. Weapons Online. All Systems Nominal.

Bike
    2018 GSXS1000
    Blog Entries
    is this campaign still going on?
    or have Cheesecutters become safer?

Thread Information