Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Who's next campaign! (all's quiet on the ACC front!)

Bike
    2010 CB 1000 R, 2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250
    Blog Entries
    Its obvious to me that the fact the motorcycle fleet, nationwide, having trippled in size is being conveniantly overlooked for the sake of creating statistics to suit a purpose.

I do my utmost to make this issue known to TPTB within my 'roles' I hold but ... I get ignored
    Just ride.

Bike
    FJR 1300
    Me thinks that the Enemy will try for another push accross nomans land towards the end of 2012.
    A Motorcycle Event in the Welly region for Mid October ish would be a good jumping off platform to revisit, those who think that we have a short memory for their dirty tricks, and under hand ways.
    My thoughts of an Event for this time would be an Expo of all things bright and shiny in the Motorcycle world, from all Makes, Accessory Importers, and local Manufacturers, including all the various branches of motorcycling in NZ, both off and on road.
    Just a Thought.

Bike
    Enfield cr250r
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedrostt500 View Post
    Me thinks that the Enemy will try for another push accross nomans land towards the end of 2012.
    A Motorcycle Event in the Welly region for Mid October ish would be a good jumping off platform to revisit, those who think that we have a short memory for their dirty tricks, and under hand ways.
    My thoughts of an Event for this time would be an Expo of all things bright and shiny in the Motorcycle world, from all Makes, Accessory Importers, and local Manufacturers, including all the various branches of motorcycling in NZ, both off and on road.
    Just a Thought.
    tis a good Idea , combine a show and protest .....

Hope it happens, but I wont be holding my breath

Stephen
    "Look, Madame, where we live, look how we live ... look at the life we have...The Republic has forgotten us."

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Today is the 2 year anniversary of the BIKEOI
    Start planning for next year now ans who knows what we could achieve
    Just ride.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    2 x 0 = ?

Bike
    FJR 1300

My Thinking is,

My thinking, is a Two Wheeled Expo, Yep even invite the Cyclists along, the Expo would be a good non political event, at say for convenience, at the West Pac Trust Stadium.
    But the real reason is to have an Event that interacts with the Public, and also allows various groups with in the Whole Motorcycling Spectrum to check out what each other is all about, and with in this growing the Motorcycling Community as a whole, wich is good for us as Motorcyclists, & it is good for the Motorcycling Industry. I would even all ow ACC a spot so they can say what they are about, ( yep I can hear the grumblings of some now, but hey can't keep everybody happy all the time.)
    October is a good time for this as it allows the Bike and Accessory Importers and Wholesalers to show off their Shiney bits for the new Summer Season, and promote their Retailer networks through out the Country.
    Now the Trickey bit how to pay for it, and set it up, I have $5.00 and a squashed minty.

Bike
    Katana 750, VOR 450 Enduro
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    2 x 0 = ?
    You are obviously forgetting September 1993.

We rode our bikes to Parliament back then and filled up the grounds completely with motorcycles.
    And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard. Restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off. Up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth. Wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever.

- James Dickey, Cherrylog Road.

Bike
    Enfield cr250r
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by riffer View Post
    You are obviously forgetting September 1993.

We rode our bikes to Parliament back then and filled up the grounds completely with motorcycles.
    yup fogot that , I have the memory of the great unwashed, or a goldfish , which ever is the longest .....

Ive stocked up on arse lube ,,, if national get in ....a reaming we will go , a reaming we will go ...hey ho a merry o a reaming we will go ....

all together now .....!

<<<
    Stephen
    "Look, Madame, where we live, look how we live ... look at the life we have...The Republic has forgotten us."

Bike
    Kate
    is this the strategy we should have adopted, a few raids on Nick and John's meetings? Bike gear works as well in those circumstances as camo.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/poli...-spoil-meeting

Bike
    A
    There is truth in statistics. The cost to ACC of helping a motorcyclist recover from an accident is way higher than a tintop pilot. So as well as making our voice heard in a public manner, we can all do our bit to work on reducing the cost to ACC of our chosen mode of transport.

As much as I am a motorcyclist myself, I'm also a professional truck driver, and even with rose coloured glasses I have to say that motorcyclists in general take the most risks and break the most rules. I'm all for loud protests, but lets improve our image in the publics' eye a little as well huh?

Bike
    FJR 1300
    I would just like us to be prepared for another attempt by the powers that be, to try to alienate us, as an excuse to privateise ACC.
    Some times I'm guilty of wearing my stupid hat when out on my bike, and having to think to myself "what was I thinking or not thinking", when I have a near miss on the bike, the only person who has my interests and physical well being at heart, when out riding is myself.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by caspernz View Post
    There is truth in statistics. The cost to ACC of helping a motorcyclist recover from an accident is way higher than a tintop pilot.
    Nope.

The figures we found in 09 as we prepared for BIKOI were that car victims cost a lot more medically

Also there are a fuckload more of them getting hurt due to the fleet size.

Where Bikers cost a tad more in the ACC annual report and all the data I saw, was the higher income earning 'new riders' like CEO's and Production managers etc..... the salary compensation.

Bikers tend to be earners you see.......

The medical costs are about even, a tad HIGHER on the cage side in fact (coz if ya cage is fucked up enough to get you REALLY hurt, its BAD!)
    Just ride.

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneY View Post
    Nope.

The figures we found in 09 as we prepared for BIKOI were that car victims cost a lot more medically

Also there are a fuckload more of them getting hurt due to the fleet size.

The medical costs are about even, a tad HIGHER on the cage side in fact (coz if ya cage is fucked up enough to get you REALLY hurt, its BAD!)
    There may be more car regos contributing to the ACC pool, but there's actually a good point in there...in that a car also has the potential to injure many more in a single event.
    There is also merit in the idea that each car pays a levy based on the number of seats (potential injuries)...

Quote Originally Posted by StoneY View Post
    Where Bikers cost a tad more in the ACC annual report and all the data I saw, was the higher income earning 'new riders' like CEO's and Production managers etc..... the salary compensation.

Bikers tend to be earners you see.......
    This is the one that really twists my knickers.
    High earners pay more into the Leisure fund (whatever it's called) BUT...all costs from a motor vehicle crash are paid for out of the Motor Fund. Including income compensation.
    This is a double-dipping scam of the highest magnitude and every bike rego is paying for it.

Is this sufficient to get people off their arses (again) ???
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MSTRS View Post
    Is this sufficient to get people off their arses (again) ???
    Tag, your it.

If you do wanna re start a protest campaign John I am there buddy...as an individual that is (I am only another member of BRONZ nowadays)

I burned enough calories over the last two years, happy to follow someone else on the campaign trail this time.

Whats your thinking, BIKOI 2?
    Seriously mate, if you wanna start something, I am keen. What angle do you think we can try that hasn't already is the question mate.
    Just ride.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oneofsix View Post
    is this the strategy we should have adopted, a few raids on Nick and John's meetings? Bike gear works as well in those circumstances as camo.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/poli...-spoil-meeting
    Well, text me when ya ready to roll, I will be there
    Just ride.

Thread Information