Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: RemoteMoto.com - The New Zealand Diaries

Bike
    uKTM Tiger 800xc
    Tried to like ya last post but the KB robotz told me I had to spread my good will round to others before I can like your posts again Josh......bit of a sign of how much of a ghost town poor old KB has become that there's no other posts to like maybe the modzzies will relax the picture posting predicament to kick start the o'll girl back into life

cool pics though
    ....wherezz that track go

Bike
    Suzuki DRZ400E
    Weekend reconnaissance mission over to the West Coast.

Click here for the full Ride Report

Click here for the full Ride Report
    Over 800 New Zealand adventure riding routes www.remotemoto.com

Bike
    2010 Husaberg FE450

Remotemoto access

Hi all,

Firstly, this is in no way a 'gripe' - just not sure if i'm missing something:

Is Remotemoto now only paid access (via membership fee)?
    Only asking as I have not been on for a while, and whereas previously I had registered then been able to view the site and uploaded some reviews/photos - now upon log in it keeps referring me to pay and/or switch account type & pay before I am able to access much of the content.

No issues if so as I'm aware a lot of work has been put into it, just checking I am not missing anything

Cheers,
    N

Bike
    Suzuki DRZ400E
    Quote Originally Posted by Husabergkiwi View Post
    Hi all,

Firstly, this is in no way a 'gripe' - just not sure if i'm missing something:

Is Remotemoto now only paid access (via membership fee)?
    Only asking as I have not been on for a while, and whereas previously I had registered then been able to view the site and uploaded some reviews/photos - now upon log in it keeps referring me to pay and/or switch account type & pay before I am able to access much of the content.

No issues if so as I'm aware a lot of work has been put into it, just checking I am not missing anything

Cheers,
    N
    Thanks for the grounded approach to this Husabergkiwi. I have put together full details on this new format here: RemoteMoto's New Format

One thing to note, if you have uploaded photos or reviews, this has been acknowledged as a discount should you wish to join.

Thanks again Husabergkiwi

Cheers

Josh - RMOTO

Bike
    2010 Husaberg FE450
    Hi Josh,

Cheers for the quick reply - just FYI I cannot access that link you posted unless I pay the membership fee.. possibly defeats the purpose of the link..?

Either way cheers again - keep up the good work might pass you on the Peninsula!

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by RMOTO View Post
    Thanks for the grounded approach to this Husabergkiwi. I have put together full details on this new format here: RemoteMoto's New Format

One thing to note, if you have uploaded photos or reviews, this has been acknowledged as a discount should you wish to join.

Thanks again Husabergkiwi

Cheers

Josh - RMOTO

Bike
    Suzuki DRZ400E
    Quote Originally Posted by Husabergkiwi View Post
    Hi Josh,

Cheers for the quick reply - just FYI I cannot access that link you posted unless I pay the membership fee.. possibly defeats the purpose of the link..?

Either way cheers again - keep up the good work might pass you on the Peninsula!

Nick
    Hi Nick, cheers for that. The reason you won't be able to view the link will be because you'll be logged in to RemoteMoto and in a limbo state as the website will be waiting to see what you want to do with your account. Agreed, a bit of a funny state but just a part of the transition to the new format.

To view the link, log out of RemoteMoto, and then click on the link and you'll be able to see it

Cheers

Josh

Bike
    72 Kawasaki A7, 05 Kawasaki W650
    The problem with the pay wall is that last time I was on RM there was precious little North Island content. As it now stands, I'd have to pay $99 to see if that has changed. If the North Island content is still as lacking as it was previously, that's a hundy down the drain for me.

Bike
    Suzuki DRZ400E
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Gayner View Post
    The problem with the pay wall is that last time I was on RM there was precious little North Island content. As it now stands, I'd have to pay $99 to see if that has changed. If the North Island content is still as lacking as it was previously, that's a hundy down the drain for me.
    Hi Mike, while half a dozen Mototokens have popped up on the North Island, not one North Island route has been logged for RemoteMoto. RemoteMoto is a comprehensive South Island route planning resource.

I hope that helps Mike

Cheers

Josh

Bike
    Suzuki DRZ400E
    A few photos from last weekends High County ride.

Full ride report here: High Country Ride, Camp and Fish - September 2016

Full ride report here: High Country Ride, Camp and Fish - September 2016

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Another great looking ride and web site for that matter.

makes me wonder if I am living in the wrong island?

a couple of questions in general
    how cold does it get on these sorts of rides, is it seasonal?
    i have been to MaCraes (?) mine they said that for parts of the year the snow covers everything I could see
    what type of skill level required for riding
    is the fuel range of a bike important on some rides.
    does the rider have to be self sufficient?

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    Suzuki DRZ400E
    Quote Originally Posted by eldog View Post
    Another great looking ride and web site for that matter.

makes me wonder if I am living in the wrong island?

a couple of questions in general
    how cold does it get on these sorts of rides, is it seasonal?
    i have been to MaCraes (?) mine they said that for parts of the year the snow covers everything I could see
    what type of skill level required for riding
    is the fuel range of a bike important on some rides.
    does the rider have to be self sufficient?
    Hi eldog, thanks for the kind words

That's a very broad set of questions that varies from rider to rider and location to location, but here's a basic rundown on the remote/adventurous type of riding that the RemoteMoto website focuses on:

Q: how cold does it get on these sorts of rides, is it seasonal?
    A: Absolutely seasonal. Summer and winter in the South Island have extreme differences in temperature, more so at higher altitude. Many of the Central Otago routes and other high altitude tracks throughout the South Island are inaccessible in winter due to the lowered snowline.

Q: what type of skill level required for riding?
    A: RemoteMoto has all the routes graded from Grade 1 (easy/scenic) to Grade 5 (technical/expert). Choose your preferred grade routes and fill ya boots!

Q: is the fuel range of a bike important on some rides?
    A: When you string together certain routes together, a long fuel range is required. Some routes however have fuel stations readily available and long distance tanks are not necessary. I have a 28 litre tank that accommodates for 490km range, most guys I ride with have tanks with around a 300km range

Q: does the rider have to be self sufficient?
    A: If you are heading up into the High Country or anywhere that presents risk or danger (such as rivers rising and being unable to return) then absolutely. When heading away solo I always thoroughly prepare by leaving an intentions plan and taking with me a comprehensive set of survival gear, sleeping bag that goes to -30, geodesic tent to handle snow and strong winds, excess warm clothing, 3+ days excess spare food, first aid kit and an emergency beacon.

Cheers eldog

Josh

Bike
    Suzuki DRZ400E
    If you are planning to ride the top of the South Island this summer then this may just be what you are looking for. The new “Karamea X” Exploration Route is a 159 km route that explores all the best back roads and side tracks that lead you to epic vistas and attractions that are guaranteed to drop your jaw. Karamea truly is an amazing place and this exploration route is a fantastic way to ensure you make the most of your time there, and don't miss a thing.

The Karamea X Exploration Route is FREE for all RemoteMoto members and Riders

You can view the Exploration Route here: Karamea X Exploration Route

You can view the Exploration Route here: Karamea X Exploration Route

Bike
    Suzuki DRZ400E
    One step closer! Some photos of the new RemoteMoto Adventure Panniers, RemoteMoto Adventure Pannier Bottle Holders, and the new test mounting hardware.

Full write up over here : Adventure Panniers - Once Step Closer

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Any chance of making a NZ affordable version of this Kit????

http://www.moskomoto.com/collections...s/reckless-80l
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    16' xtz125e super-adventure, Ninja 650
    Blog Entries
    lol that is a ridiculous price for what is essentially 3 tarpaulin dry sacks which would be less than $100.... zip-ties could do the same job as their rig....

RMOTO those panniers look very tough!

Thread Information