Page 89 of 91 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1352

Thread: Canterbury Trail Rides?

Bike
    Blandit 1200, DRZ250 K, Beta xtrainer
    My mates reported the Albury Saturday ride was excellent, but only enduro section. Sunday was Burkes pass and despite this being the third time on this property the track was completely different to anything I have done before but I did remember the odd bit her and there. Weather was perfect but the course was very rocky and dusty. Doing the hill climbs, you could not see any of the rocks because of the dust from the guy ahead. I am still feeling crook from the covid so only had the energy for one 51kms lap, but we all felt that was enough. Scenery was awesome. Watching the weather for the Craig Pickering ride-looking a bit dodgy atm.

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by SVboy View Post
    Watching the weather for the Craig Pickering ride-looking a bit dodgy atm.
    7 day forecast I saw shows 24 degrees by 4pm with a 3% chance of rain during the day, my rear tyre is pretty fucked but as long as it's dry, I don't want to put the new one I have on

Trying the GT516KX next time round with a GT216AA fatty front
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    [
    Trying the GT516KX next time round with a GT216AA fatty front[/QUOTE]

Did you win Lotto?

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Nah, he just wears stuff out fast. Fuck he's hard on gearTM
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    BSA A10
    Did you win Lotto?
    No, but tyres are just a consumable like chains, oil, fuel, if I have spare cash which is fuck all of the time I'll buy them and stash them away until needed

I haven't tried Golden tyres before but the reviews I have seen were very good and I need something road legal which the very good Bridgestone E50 Extreme rear and X31 front aren't

Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Nah, he just wears stuff out fast. Fuck he's hard on gearTM
    It's true I can be and I don't pay attention to cosmetics or cleaning as much as I should on either myself or the bike, but my bikes get whatever they need to be reliable

You need to organise a weekend away and come down Dave, maybe the Waiau 2 day next year ?
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Did you win Lotto?
    naaa, covering his ares due to a lack of skill...

this from another KB thread... hell yes Im in...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX20bQVkAms&t=203s
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Yeah I do intend to get down, but I failed my 'ride in the garden' test last month. Going to try a 'ride in paddock' test this weekend , but it will be a while before I can do a real dirtride, even maintrack, may be a year. This is proving to be a hard road.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Well a mate took me to mx club carpark to ride around on the grass on my Beta. First time I've successfully ridden in 4.5 months.

Was OK but needed to work on my left turns as my right arm does, or rather doesn't do stuff properly when extended. I got there and could then do figure 8s after a while at crawling pace. Was quite happy with that.

Had to relearn looking up. More on that.
    Rode to end of driveway to blast up deserted gravel road to dead end to get taste of speed and judge if I could cope. All was pretty good except at the 'intersection' out the gate where I looked down a bit.

Need to do some more exercises to get rid of vertigo that onsets looking down. If I can do that I can ride my roadbike. I can't stand on my feet long enough for the Trials bike, or even the dirt bike, and fatigue would make it pointless for now.

Little steps.

If you live alone and get an infection, get to a hospital especially if vomiting or no urine, or at least among other people if unsure. My wife saved my life phoning ambulance as I couldn't. 1 in 100 people get sepsis. I'd never heard of it really.

Bike
    BSA A10
    If you live alone and get an infection, get to a hospital especially if vomiting or no urine, or at least among other people if unsure. My wife saved my life phoning ambulance as I couldn't. 1 in 100 people get sepsis. I'd never heard of it really.
    What caused the infection?

3 Laps today, 101km, did a couple of easy enduro loops and one simple one was giving me flashbacks to my first helicopter ride, I don't think this track is as good as the last location

Couple of real boggy bits but not too bad to get through, found a guy 10km from the end on the last lap who'd run out of gas, stopped at a Marshall point to tell them but it'd already been radioed in

Steve on his new KTM went down like a bag of spuds when he washed out the front on a rock turning into a gateway but luckily enough no damage to him or the bike

Pretty happy riding up out of a section that two guys better than me struggled with, fairly good day over all

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans

fuck man... hang on in there aye... do it for the riding Gods... duno if anyone remembers MVNUTS ut something similer punched him of his perch, bloody nice guy to... has me fucked why we are ment to believe in God when decent people have to deal with shit like this...
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    well off topic but as we are all x F4 and just for dave 5 racers... check this shit out we are bloody rookys... FF to the big stack and they just shovel the unconcious or dead out the way... the game dont stop...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-y8cFW66btk
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    Blog Entries
    No idea really. Sore gland in throat after a couple of days with almost a cold, but not as bad. Tried to get appointment when throat got sore. No chance. Told to ring back next day and try my luck.
    Had a visit from about 5 paramedics at 5 in the morning, and would you believe it? My first ambulance ride. I have no recollection for 2 weeks when i was mostly comatose.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    What caused the infection?

3 Laps today, 101km, did a couple of easy enduro loops and one simple one was giving me flashbacks to my first helicopter ride, I don't think this track is as good as the last location

Couple of real boggy bits but not too bad to get through, found a guy 10km from the end on the last lap who'd run out of gas, stopped at a Marshall point to tell them but it'd already been radioed in

Steve on his new KTM went down like a bag of spuds when he washed out the front on a rock turning into a gateway but luckily enough no damage to him or the bike

Pretty happy riding up out of a section that two guys better than me struggled with, fairly good day over all
    We ended up pulling the plug-weather looked too dodgy. Sounds like it was ok. We had a good ride out at the bike park, boy was it hot!

Bike
    BSA A10
    Well last two rides canned due to fire risk so fucking off to the coast next weekend to do some riding there, Day 1 will be cunty stuff, day 2 and 3 will be a bit more normal, 4wd tracks and back roads

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    Well last two rides canned due to fire risk so fucking off to the coast next weekend to do some riding there, Day 1 will be cunty stuff, day 2 and 3 will be a bit more normal, 4wd tracks and back roads
    ghost bullet just did a awesome ride in his latest vid over that way... TIE Mr D
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6xvJXWBqN0&t=927s
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Thread Information