Page 19 of 60 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2019

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    I have no issue with teams playing with aerodynamics, wings, scoops, covers. Bloody let them do it - is this not meant to be the pinnacle of advanced motorcycle racing? It's over regulated as it is, it will end up like F1 with too much regulation and boredom.
    It's not *that* long since the riders were complaining how dangerous the wings were. So I guess they felt they had to do something. Then too the accountants were shit scared of the millions wind tunnel testing was going to cost and the amounts that were going to have to be spent to compete in the aero arms race.

Might be too soon to worry about boredom though. The combined winning margin at Qatar was 0.102secs. That's just over a tenth of a second combined total from all three classes. The gap between the winner and the last points scorer in fifteenth in the MotoGP class at Qatar this year is the smallest ever in the seventy years of GP racing. And people are complaining?

For my money Dorna have a bloody fine product now - so they'll probably sell it.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    How did we like moto2 boys.
    I must say they didn't put enough mics near the track for us to fap to. Definitely very different lines vs the 600s, Remy Gardener showed wayyy more potential than I realised he had

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Thinking about the riders slowing to save their tyres. It's a problem, but I guess y'all could make a cup of tea to fill in the extra time. Both seconds worth.

Qatar race time
    2018 42'34.654
    2019 42'36.902
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    Weather conditions like temperature and dew don't help much either and may have made the difference year to year. The riders wanted the race held slightly earlier in the evening but their calls fell on deaf ears.
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    Blade '12
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    How did we like moto2 boys.
    I must say they didn't put enough mics near the track for us to fap to. Definitely very different lines vs the 600s, Remy Gardener showed wayyy more potential than I realised he had

Much better wasn't it. No need to override quite as dramatically. Great to see Luthi back after his nightmare in the big class.

just had a look on Racingforme to see if there was a rip with no commentary but no such luck. Noise drowned out by endless droning of commentators.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    A mid season change to touring compound road tyres. No need to preserve them, they'll be crap from the start. Go crazy boys.

McCoy comes out of retirement.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    A mid season change to touring compound road tyres. No need to preserve them, they'll be crap from the start. Go crazy boys.

McCoy comes out of retirement.

Fuck it - just 'Darkside' the GP bikes and tell them a set of tyres must last a full season.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by carbonhed View Post
    Much better wasn't it. No need to override quite as dramatically. Great to see Luthi back after his nightmare in the big class.

just had a look on Racingforme to see if there was a rip with no commentary but no such luck. Noise drowned out by endless droning of commentators.
    So I wasn't the one shouting "Shut the fuck up" at the tv when he's going ohh lisssten to the noise listen to the noise when his voice was the only noise I could hear.
    Wankers

Bike
    Blade '12
    So I wasn't the one shouting "Shut the fuck up" at the tv when he's going ohh lisssten to the noise listen to the noise when his voice was the only noise I could hear.
    Wankers

Phillip Island beckons.

Bike
    77 XL250
    Wankers

You should try the BTSport coverage. Their team is great. A copy of the last race should be available at your favourite download sites.
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    So courtesy of Mat Oxley attached is a summary of the current situation regarding the Ducati appendages.

Observers looking at the pooper scooper in front of the rear wheel get the impression that its function is to increase down force on the rear tyre. That is against the rules. Ducati say it's there to cool the tyre. If it's there to cool the tyre but as a bonus increases down force that would still be a problem.

It's preferable that the results are decided when the flag drops, not weeks later in court, but I guess these things happen when people are desperate to gain an edge.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Case.png 
Views:	30 
Size:	144.1 KB 
ID:	341273  

Bike
    2015 Aprilia Tuono Factory
    Wankers

One advantage of the MotoGP sub, commentators gone with one click.

Cheers

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmik de Bris View Post
    Cheers
    I've never heard that mentioned before and never taken out the Sub.

But hell ,I'll look into that ! Cheers Cosmik.

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    1993, Honda RVF400
    Blog Entries
    Gigi weighs in

https://www.gpone.com/en/2019/03/13/...gn=gponedotcom

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

Bike
    Blade '12
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmik de Bris View Post

Cheers
    Wow did not know that. Select ambient on camera view eh voila. Moto2 sounding great going into T1 until the bikes started hitting the deck. Thanks.

Thread Information