Page 41 of 53 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2020

Bike
    77 XL250
    I am suffering from race-withdrawal syndrome. Last weekend I thought three races in as many weeks may be too much of a good thing and I was becoming jaded.
    I now realise that I was deluded and want the new normal back....
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    ES XTZ

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries

Some interesting comments here... especially on what its like to try and lead a race..
    "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Rossi is reportedly very impressed by Portimau as a rider's track.

Mat Oxley asked Crutchlow about his employment prospects. Was advised KFC is looking good.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    2001 zx9
    Le mans... dodgy weather on the horizon but could be ok(ish) for sunday . Zarco's chance? or jack... i'm still picking mir for the title though...

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    The thought of Le Mans this weekend is doing me a serious excite. Fucked if I'll make a prediction other than the KTM's will struggle in the cold, so watch MO or BB win it to prove me wrong

Bring it on!

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Impressive high side by Marini. He has a boken ankle.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Marini.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	88.8 KB 
ID:	347483  
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    OK, Just saw the race this morning - another barnstormer with unexpected results!
    Petruci deserved that, nice to see him show up at last.
    Alex Marquez stocks just went up big time. Once he gets better grips with the bike in the dry, he really could be a force.
    Jack Millar, terrible luck again!
    Rossi - WTF!
    I seriously feel Vinales should be moved to a satellite team, one who would be stoked to get one or at most two wins a year, but a factory ride? In my opinion he will never be able to get out of his head enough to be in with a shot to win a championship. I'm struggling to think of another rider in the last 30 years that has been that inconsistent.

I thought it was going to be Rins day to be honest, nek minut!

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    OK, Just saw the race this morning - another barnstormer with unexpected results!
    Alex Marquez stocks just went up big time. Once he gets better grips with the bike in the dry, he really could be a force.
    Rossi - WTF!
    I seriously feel Vinales should be moved to a satellite team, one who would be stoked to get one or at most two wins a year, but a factory ride? In my opinion he will never be able to get out of his head enough to be in with a shot to win a championship. I'm struggling to think of another rider in the last 30 years that has been that inconsistent.

Rins is turning out to be a little inconsistent as well. Sensational season

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    I liked how he said that a wet podium is nice, but it doesnt mean much..
    Interesting difference between him and his brother, Mark went out and threw the bike around the track (and off the track) until he worked out exactly what the bikes and his limits are (actually not sure he knows what his limits are). Alex seems much more measured. It will be interesting to see what happens in a race if they are both challenging for the lead... I dont think either of them will want to come second.
    "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Rossi - WTF!

I did many shouts at the TV over Jacks bike blowing up, that winners trophy had Miller stamped all over it. Ohhh well he's got factory colours next year so we'll definitely be seeing some wins.

Maverick is such an odd ball, I can see him getting the benefit from a sports shrink as many of them have had to do over the years, apparently he's already seeing one but he's not improving in any way. I don't blame his results this round though, that Yamaha doesn't warm up wets very well, seeing Rossi's off throttle crash with all his experience showed that just finishing on a Yamaha on such a wet cold track was good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    Rins is turning out to be a little inconsistent as well. Sensational season
    He's still not 100% fit and wont be till after the season is out. I do feel he is fractionally less talented than his team mate though. Only by a tad, both of them are brilliant riders. Considering he had that pace on Med/Med wets I'd say he was going bloody well, but as is always the case in a wet race it came down to he who was not the fastest, but he who was fastest without mistakes. Both Suzukis had been binning it on that corner even in the dry all weekend so it wasn't a surprise to see it let go like that, bloody good riding considering where all the other inline 4s ended up.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Both Suzukis had been binning it on that corner even in the dry all weekend so it wasn't a surprise to see it let go like that, bloody good riding considering where all the other inline 4s ended up.
    There are more rights than lefts at LeMans and I think it was Mat Oxley was saying at one race when the weather was cold there was a lineup of crashed bikes at the first left after a series of rights. All of the riders had shrouds on their brakes to keep the heat in this weekend, so the temps may have been low enough to cause a problem. If not quite as pronounced as the race Oxley recalled.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Rossi has tested positive for COVID-19.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Rossi has tested positive for COVID-19.
    I still wonder if we need a No.1 plate for 2020 ? Just have the races and start again next year.

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    I still wonder if we need a No.1 plate for 2020 ? Just have the races and start again next year.
    Yeah, I cant see how there can really be a "champion" from this year.. maybe they'll record it but with an *
    ZRXOA #9170

Thread Information