Page 756 of 920 FirstFirst ... 256656706746754755756757758766806856 ... LastLast
Results 11,326 to 11,340 of 13786

Thread: Stupid World

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by Viking01 View Post

China was probably monitoring this whole affair fairly closely, watching to see if the French attempted a blockade or an invasion. It might have given them a clue about how best to deal with Taiwan. Especially in light of the UK battle fleet coming their way.
    U.K. Battle fleet .... haha that is hilarious. Naval surface fleets are irrelevant in super power confrontations. Couple torpedos or an air burst nuke and China just created a new artificial reef to build an island on.
    Aircraft carriers are only good for bullying third world nations, that's why only America is stupid enough to have more than several of them.
    Most likely China would launch some kind of cyber attack to cripple taiwans economy and infrastructure, then buy up the remains with international aid package.
    China thinks ahead in decades, their mantra has always been death by a thousand slow cuts rather than a single slash of Japanese samurai.
    And you can see this in their war with the west, they've slowly infiltrated our institutions and society weakening us and also making us dependant on their economic trade.
    And aircraft carrier is merely a limp dick mosquito buzzing aimlessly around a carefree floating lantern.
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    I Ride No More
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    It's just like the Good Old days.

I especially liked the Re-enacter who decided to fire a Musket in the direction of the French
    Afternoon.

On the subject of ships of the realm, I see that Boris is going all out to get that knight-hood:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...-named-prince/

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Afternoon.

On the subject of ships of the realm, I see that Boris is going all out to get that knight-hood:
    In the past Boris Johnson has sneaked away on expensive, exotic holidays, raising questions as to who picked up the tab. Similar to the current furore over the Trumpesque wallpaper his girlfriend selected for the flat at number 10.

It's possible he wants a royal yacht so that he can have free holidays in interesting places. Normally suggesting a new yacht would just cause raised eyebrows or outright laughter. Naming it after Prince Phillip though might fog up the red white and blue tinted spectacles.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    "Due to social and economic structures in place today—specifically divisions into rich and poor, powerful and weak, and superior and inferior—the excess premature death rate is between 10 and 20 million per year, which is over ten times the death rates from suicide, homicide, and warfare combined.[9]"

This takes place under capitalism and is accepted as normal business practice. Over 10 years the number of capitalism related deaths eclipses anything that one or two communist guys did over 100 years. Of course that doesn't ft your narrative, but it is a fact. Can you accept that fact? No you can't... but by all means throw critical thinking out of the window and claim otherwise because you're too much of a snowflake to see just how you've been sucked in to someone elses limited version of history.
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Being curious I took a peek at the projected path of China's twenty odd tons of space junk. It was not reassuring to find New Zealand is listed as "at risk". About the only positive is that if twenty tons of space junk hits you at 18,000mph you probably won't even notice.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    I Ride No More
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Being curious I took a peek at the projected path of China's twenty odd tons of space junk. It was not reassuring to find New Zealand is listed as "at risk". About the only positive is that if twenty tons of space junk hits you at 18,000mph you probably won't even notice.
    Pritch,
    I think you can safely say that were you hit by space junk at speed, you would not be alive to recollect the event.

But I have to laugh at this whole "Chinese space junk" episode. If it was "western space junk" that was being discussed, it would have been cast with a far more positive media spin.

They would have been marketed as 'collectibles". Hell, there would have already been offers up on Ebay to buy fragments (should any be found and recovered).

I have one or two old metal fittings at home that I've been trying to dispose of for a while. I thought that I might just wait until after the Chinese rocket body has fallen back to Earth, then advertise them on Trade Me and see if there is any interest.

You keep your head down. And stay safe.

Cheers, Viking.

[Edit]

https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202105/1222992.shtml

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Pritch,
    I think you can safely say that were you hit by space junk at speed, you would not be alive to recollect the event.

But I have to laugh at this whole "Chinese space junk" episode. If it was "western space junk" that was being discussed, it would have been cast with a far more positive media spin.

They would have been marketed as 'collectibles". Hell, there would have already been offers up on Ebay to buy fragments (should any be found and recovered).

I have one or two old metal fittings at home that I've been trying to dispose of for a while. I thought that I might just wait until after the Chinese rocket body has fallen back to Earth, then advertise them on Trade Me and see if there is any interest.

You keep your head down. And stay safe.

Cheers, Viking.
    Reminds me of the Green Party complaining about Rocket Lab nz being involved in launching GPS equipment that was assisting us military.
    No mention of all the rocket fuel being burned in the process in our nice clean air lmao

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by mashman View Post
    "Due to social and economic structures in place today—specifically divisions into rich and poor, powerful and weak, and superior and inferior—the excess premature death rate is between 10 and 20 million per year, which is over ten times the death rates from suicide, homicide, and warfare combined.[9]"

This takes place under capitalism and is accepted as normal business practice. Over 10 years the number of capitalism related deaths eclipses anything that one or two communist guys did over 100 years. Of course that doesn't ft your narrative, but it is a fact. Can you accept that fact? No you can't... but by all means throw critical thinking out of the window and claim otherwise because you're too much of a snowflake to see just how you've been sucked in to someone elses limited version of history.
    I see the woke crowd are still mutilating dictionaries committing grammatical genocide. “ structural violence “ is the most wokest nonsense I’ve e ever read.
    Take a look at timeline of human history... look at the massive population explosion that mechanised agriculture and capitalist ideals have enabled along with consequent longer life expectancies.
    So when a person dies early in a third world country of slave labour is it the responsibility of the capitalist engaging their services from abroad or is it from the communist dictator running the third world country failing to ensure adequate work place health and safety?
    Btw there’s a big difference between voluntarily working long hours in bad conditions as opposed to a bullet in the back of the head at midnight for your political beliefs....
    Most people would agree working conditions in western countries far exceed those in communist China....

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    ... I have one or two old metal fittings at home that I've been trying to dispose of for a while. I thought that I might just wait until after the Chinese rocket body has fallen back to Earth, then advertise them on Trade Me and see if there is any interest.

Cheers, Viking.
    Put them inside a fire drum and burn them a bit. They'll look more realistic as space junk ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mashman View Post
    ... This takes place under capitalism and is accepted as normal business practice.
    So you're saying this is not happening in any other political system in the world. ONLY in the Western (style) political Governments. And has only started happening in recent times ... ??
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    I see the woke crowd are still mutilating dictionaries committing grammatical genocide. “ structural violence “ is the most wokest nonsense I’ve e ever read.
    Try thinking about it too... unless you did, in which case ...

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Pritch,

That’s likely true except that, not for the first time, China is sending these up knowing that they will crash back uncontrolled. I can recall when SkyLab came down but that was a one off. If the Chinese are planning on doing this regularly they need to figure out how to do it properly.

Bike
    I Ride No More
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    Put them inside a fire drum and burn them a bit. They'll look more realistic as space junk ...
    Excellent tip. Thanks for the good advice.

I had considered grinding off any possible recognisable English lettering (like "Methven"), and possibly punching a few marks which might resemble some Chinese characters (but thought that might just be a "bridge too far", and be too easily found out).

Think that I'll just keep it simple, and go with your recommendation.

Cheers, Viking

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    So you're saying this is not happening in any other political system in the world. ONLY in the Western (style) political Governments. And has only started happening in recent times ... ??
    Nope... but throughout history the vast majority of our activity has been capitalistic and without the means for trade you are excluded by the structures created by society. Most definitely not limited to any ideology. At the moment capitalism is in the driving seat. The denial of those who blame communism commin for ya for todays problems is ludicrous at best... but don't tell anyone that, coz people get real pissy when the realised that they haven't reasoned themselves into the position they're defending. They get all personal and tritely cunty in their responses despite their own clear dissonance and bias. Moderately amusing, but exceptionally boring to see these carbon copy people claiming to be thinking human beings.

Bike
    I Ride No More
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    That’s likely true except that, not for the first time, China is sending these up knowing that they will crash back uncontrolled. I can recall when SkyLab came down but that was a one off. If the Chinese are planning on doing this regularly they need to figure out how to do it properly.
    I'm sure that once the Chinese have fine-tuned their navigation and guidance system - and can drop the booster rockets on the roof of the White House (and apologise afterwards), all will be fine.

[Edit]

Pritch, you can sleep safe tonight. As of 15 minutes ago:

https://asia.nikkei.com/Politics/Int...st-of-Maldives

Thread Information