Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: NOT GOOD, Worst deaths in 19 years

Bike
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by Moise View Post
    Not at all. But doing over 140 km/h on many NZ roads is not likely to end well because of traffic, police or road conditions.

Sent from somewhere using Tapatalk
    Well I'd largely agree with that. Strictly speaking, legalities aside here, there's a few roads where 140 is not a problem at all. The downside being too many would fail the riding to the conditions test...

Too many drivers/riders with Weetbix licences makes 140 a bad idea of course

Bike
    M109R, GS1200ss, RMX450Z, ZX-12R
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    The post was from a truck driver and not a motorcyclist. But if you prefer to value the opinions of motorcyclists as knowing more about trucks than truck drivers well thats your silly fault in my opinion.
    That would assume i was tailgating the truck. Also trucks do not stop as sudden as cars which would give me more time to brake.
    One explains the other

Bike
    1999 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    Perhaps ... you're riding the wrong roads ... The roads north of Dorkland are not the best in the country ...
    I could disagree, but it's fine with me if that's what people think. And most of them can be enjoyed at more "moderate" speeds. Plus you don't see many campervans, police cars or tourists on the wrong side of the road.

Sent from somewhere using Tapatalk

Bike
    So old you won't care

Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by STUFF
    The levy price would be reviewed next year, and bikers would be consulted on that.
    Chortle chortle chortle.

Bike
    Blandit 1200, DRZ250 K, Beta xtrainer
    Thats maybe why I get rubbished when I mention the words Pressure to Keep Up as no rider is going to ever say that to anyone that they were put/felt under pressure. Even on here no one will admit it if they have been as they will get rubbished on here as I have been.
    Right, here goes! I doubt anyone would doubt that some people feel and respond to the pressure to keep up with faster riders on occasion. This can result in them getting into dangerous situations and possibly crashing. There is no reason to bang on about it as if it is the main reason behind crashing. When I returned to riding I felt that pressure and struggled to understand how others could ride so quickly, smoothly and safely. It took me many years of practice, training, reading and racing to get my riding to what I consider a reasonable standard and to think through any pressure I might feel in a riding situation.
    I ride with a group of mates on the Akaroa GP. We have ridden together for many years. We all have different paces. Some ride fast, some not. There is certainly no pressure to keep up.
    So now I have admitted on KB that I have felt pressure to keep up and that it can lead to accidents perhaps you could move on?

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SVboy View Post
    perhaps you could move on?
    permanently. iykwim.

Bike
    W650 sidecar & HD Fat Bob
    So your solution for anyone feeling pressure to keep up is to do some race training but the only problem with your theory is the roads are not designed to be a race track. I question that you would be any safer on the road than the rider under pressure to keep up as your speeds would be the same unless of course when you returned to riding you were too nervous to even reach the speed limit.

Lol, have to admire your tenacity.

I am a returning rider, luckily I have received some great info, a lot of it off this site, but, and a big but, all the information, all the up skilling and all of the learning is useless to me if I behave/ride like I am 7 foot tall and bullet proof.

I am enjoying my return to riding, I am taking it slowly, in more ways than one, Note: that dosent mean I always travel on good roads or in good conditions at less than highway speeds.

Bike
    Blandit 1200, DRZ250 K, Beta xtrainer
    So your solution for anyone feeling pressure to keep up is to do some race training but the only problem with your theory is the roads are not designed to be a race track. I question that you would be any safer on the road than the rider under pressure to keep up as your speeds would be the same unless of course when you returned to riding you were too nervous to even reach the speed limit.
    I see reading is also an issue for you. My post stated I practiced riding on The road, off the road also,I paid for training on the road, I read a lot AND I went to the track, all with the express aim of improving my riding. Your selective quoting is only making you look more ignorant, if that is possible.
    How can you question my safety on the roads, you don't know me, have never ridden with me and that is a state of affairs I do wish to continue.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Reading comprehension fail.

Bike
    W650 sidecar & HD Fat Bob
    Its interesting that the media link the other poster put on said rider training is useless. While I have said why it would not help me avoid the accidents caused by others I have been in, the media story gives no reason at all despite many on here saying it has been of benefit to them.
    We can take from media what we want to see.

No helmet laws for example, most statistics show wearing a helmet reduces head injuries, but wearing a helmet does not reduce the death rates, the rider would have died anyways, others say Helmets may reduce head injuries but they cause neck injuries and the rider would have died anyways.

Research apparently shows riders wearing helmets would have died regardless of whether they were wearing a helmet or not.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SVboy View Post
    So now I have admitted on KB that I have felt pressure to keep up and that it can lead to accidents perhaps you could move on?
    But ... were you riding an adventure bike ... and be able to cope with dangerous road conditions better ... (apparently) ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    2002, Kawasaki KDX 200
    I have crunched the numbers for 2015, hopefully people will find this helpful.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Bike
    Kawasaki H2A 1973
    Quote Originally Posted by Hads View Post
    I have crunched the numbers for 2015, hopefully people will find this helpful.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    Nah, not really.

I hope you were doing this data for a job. If you did it for fun, you have too much time on your hands.....go ride instead, maybe you learn more.

But well done all the same

Bike
    2002, Kawasaki KDX 200
    Didn't take too long, an hour tops, I put this up there as people tend to assume based off no information, where the fact might be different. For example did you know motorcyclists are at fault in most right turn in front of traffic accidents?

Thread Information