Page 835 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 33573578582583383483583683784588593513351835 ... LastLast
Results 12,511 to 12,525 of 39427

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    husaberg
    Reply to myself well it could be the Mahindra............
    i found these pics

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mahindra disk drive.JPG 
Views:	91 
Size:	275.3 KB 
ID:	287300  
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scotts 50.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	222.4 KB 
ID:	287316

Not been having too much luck with the 50.

So gave up and set the Beast up for its first EFI startup.

Name:	EFI First Run 1.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	222.1 KB 
ID:	287317

Got the maps loaded and everything setup and it pretty much fired up straight away, ran for a bit then cut out.

Remembering the fuel pump does not like any air bubbles I carefully blead the fuel line to the pump and tried again.

It fired up easy as and ran for 15-20 seconds then it cut out again.

Name:	Pump 1.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	242.4 KB 
ID:	287318

I think the problem is in how I have the pressure regulator fuel return line setup. Its setup as a return to the suction side of the pump, any air/fuel vapor in the regulator return line will vapor lock the the pump.... .... Chambers tried to tell me but .......

Anyway it was good to hear the Beast kick into life, sure it ran rough and the induction noise was way worse than the exhaust, worse than anything I have heard before.

Could a harsh induction sound indicate good inlet suction action???? I have no idea.

And I don't have the faintest clue where the injection timing is in relationship to the transfer closing point either.

So a few things to sortout and quite a bit to learn, but it runs.

Bike
    none
    Trying to preheat the fuel, TeeZee? You may get bubbles allright, even if they are not air bubbles. Some fuel components boil below 50°C....

Name:	Preheater.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	107.9 KB 
ID:	287319  

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    Trying to preheat the fuel, TeeZee? Some fuel components boil below 50°C....
    yes I see your point but it is not as close to the chamber as it looks, everything is pretty loose so I can change things about easily.

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    No, you must send the fuel back to the tank, separately. You must have a large flow pipe to the pump from the tank also a large flow pre filter and an high pressure after filter. Much fuel is traveling around the circuit. You do not want cavitation, you do not want any blockage or you engine will expire, quickly. Those little chinese pumps do not like any contamination / cavitation. Your engine relies heavily on this pump maintaining constant flow / pressure. I know you know this but just saying.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    No, you must send the fuel back to the tank,
    Thanks for the tips, looks like I am off to the hose shop again tomorrow for a return line and Supercheap to see what filters they have. I am already using a big filter for a header tank for the pump but will get something to go after the pump.

Bike
    Benelli 250 2C
    Blog Entries
    No, No. No you guys !!! Don't encourage him to pre-heat the fuel because he will get a large saucepan and try to do it on the stove element !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    Totally agree about returning the pressure regulator outlet to the tank, though , , , I haven't quite done that myself. I have a secondary tank fed from the main bike tank. The outlet to the pump is from near the bottom, the regulator return is near the top, and the very top of this little tank is pulled up into a peak with an air bleed. Theoretically once it's all bled it should never get air in it and what little may eventually appear out of the fuel circuit will collect at the top of the secondary tank well away from the outlet to the pump. Haven't tried it yet but it should work and I'll bring it to bucket racing this weekend and hopefully not embarrass myself again.

Bike
    75 RD250b, 76 250C , 78 250E
    Hey guys, I would like to know what do you think about Power porting in engine that have reed valve in cylinder. In Bell book there are only few sentences about it , and he says to cut the piston to get around 200* of opening. Did someone know is there any formula to calculate appropriate degree of opening to get good results or get close to ballpark?

Bike
    YLR150RR and a RD350LC
    I would not bother with a filter after the pump, I bthink it is just a hazard, you will have 40 psi fuel downstream waiting for a way to get out.
    What purpose will it serve other than to catch the parts of the fuelpump as it wears out, if the fuel is clean going into the pump it should be clean coming out
    My neighbours diary says I have boundary issues

Bike
    1996 Buell S1

re-sleeve

Thought this was clever

Name:	jamanthi.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	21.5 KB 
ID:	287322  

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by speedpro View Post
    Totally agree about returning the pressure regulator outlet to the tank, though , , , I haven't quite done that myself. I have a secondary tank fed from the main bike tank. The outlet to the pump is from near the bottom, the regulator return is near the top, and the very top of this little tank is pulled up into a peak with an air bleed. Theoretically once it's all bled it should never get air in it and what little may eventually appear out of the fuel circuit will collect at the top of the secondary tank well away from the outlet to the pump. Haven't tried it yet but it should work and I'll bring it to bucket racing this weekend and hopefully not embarrass myself again.
    Agghhh stink. I thought I was going to have something constructive to contribute. This bastard beat me to it.

Essentially you've created a surge tank I think. Air will end up at the top of it I imagine, as fuel sloshes away from the tank pickup and the pump is still scuking fuel from the second tank.

On a bike it's not as bad as in a car, but I should think it will still happen.

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by cotswold View Post
    Thought this was clever
    How so? It looks like a sleeve and piston to me. What am I missing?

Bike
    YLR150RR and a RD350LC
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    How so? It looks like a sleeve and piston to me. What am I missing?
    It grew up to be the Aprillia RSA125 ?
    My neighbours diary says I have boundary issues

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    So you googled Jamanthi too? Its as old as I am.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Thread Information