Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MNZ Annual General Meeting

Bike
    less than I used to have

MNZ Annual General Meeting

MNZ has decided no permits will be issued for the weekend of 22nd/ 23rd May as they have changed their AGM date to this weekend.Just wondering what clubs other than us ,CAMS and Canterbury are affected (in a most detrimental way too)

Bike
    KX450 Motard/Flat Track KTM150SX H2R
    they tried this last year to, i think they changed and made it that if you send a delegate you could have a permit as well,

bit stupid i think

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Thanks for the reply scott411. Obviously nobody else who talks shit in the KB Racing forum belongs to a club or knows what dates their meetings are on . Whats the use of a RACING forum if a question about racing/ clubs doesn't get a reply . Fucking peculiar really, as so many on this site seem to have so much to say about nothing in particular . What use is this place. Waste of time.

Bike
    Kawasaki ZX6R
    Ha! Mate...I have no idea what meetings are on in May!?! I'm just trying to figure out how I'm going to attend all the meetings in March April first.....then I'll look at the Calendar for May!!!

Bike
    2006 Suzuki DR650 & FZR1000 race bike
    Teretonga SOuth Island cup and Sportzfotoz junior cup on the Sunday 23rd May.
    http://www.southlandmotorcycleclub.org.nz/
    I try to keep track of most South Island events in the Monthly newletter for the OMCC available in the forms page of our website.
    http://www.otagomotorcycleclub.org.nz/1.htm
    Last edited by GaZBur; 4th March 2010 at 22:00. Reason: added link to OMCC

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Thanks for the heads up on this one Gary. BEARS were unaware of this as were we. Funny old world innit. You sure they have issued a permit for the Teretonga meeting

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by CAMSec View Post
    Thanks for the heads up on this one Gary. BEARS were unaware of this as were we. Funny old world innit. You sure they have issued a permit for the Teretonga meeting
    No not sure if permit was issued as I emailed John at SMCC same time as you but not heard back from him. I think he may be out of town for a week though.
    Good luck racing tomorrow, I was intending to come to Ruapuna but events conspired against me. I was hoping to make a better impression as at your last CAMS meeting at Levels it was me who high sided and rolled the FZR1000. Its mobile again, yay! And I have almost stopped limping.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Yeah, that was certainly one way to dismantle a bike.Hope you're gonna bring it up to Methven on the 3rd April

Bike
    Joe2 the ALMIGHTY

Having received notification today of MNZ’s change of AGM date, we feel it necessary to express our dissent at MNZ’s decision not to issue permits for organized motorcycle events on 22/23 May 2010.

As a result of MNZ inept management and timekeeping, do clubs have to be disadvantaged by not having permits honoured for events which have been on their calendars for up to 12 months!!??

Clubs are finding it hard enough to attract members with ever increasing costs and limited availability of tracks, to have an “outside” BOARD dictate how these clubs should run is not acceptable.

Club members have to plan in advance which meetings they can and/or will attend depending on finance, work related issues and traveling times.

By CAMS and BEARS holding their meetings on this particular weekend will not affect MNZ AGM attendance, but it will show to its members the integrity of the club and its keenness to put on events to accommodate those riders who wish to participate and develop their skills.

We respectfully suggest MNZ look to their staff to forward plan their meetings and AGM and actually stick to the scheduled dates. MNZ inability to plan should not become everyone elses problem.

We appreciate only too well that a lot of work is done by volunteers. However, in such a large governing body in the motor sport scene someone has to take ownership of the incompetence being shown here.

We hope the responses you will receive from a lot of unhappy riders, as a result of your decision to change the AGM, will ensure permits for those clubs with events organized for the weekend 22/23 May 2010 will be honoured.

Rob and Lynne Attrill
    pretty spot on.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by CAMSec View Post
    Yeah, that was certainly one way to dismantle a bike.Hope you're gonna bring it up to Methven on the 3rd April
    Yep for sure, and with the Dunedin Motard guys as usual. Accomodation booked and entry form - umm sitting on my desk waiting for me to post, yeah better get on to that eh!

Bike
    Honda CBR600RR9
    Quote Originally Posted by GaZBur View Post
    No not sure if permit was issued as I emailed John at SMCC same time as you but not heard back from him. I think he may be out of town for a week though.
    Good luck racing tomorrow, I was intending to come to Ruapuna but events conspired against me. I was hoping to make a better impression as at your last CAMS meeting at Levels it was me who high sided and rolled the FZR1000. Its mobile again, yay! And I have almost stopped limping.
    Hey GaZBur, I am assuming you are talking about John Beck? John Beck isn't doing the SMCC thing anymore, you would be better getting in contact with John Smart, his number is 0272429892 if you have no luck let me know and I will find out for ya.

Jeremy

Bike
    less than I used to have
    It seems a few members took this warning that their meetings may have been in jeopardy straight back to MNZ and they are now going about rectifying the matter.. Surely an oversight by MNZ.....

Bike
    Joe2 the ALMIGHTY
    Did you see this reply CAMsec?

This reply from the MZN president says that permits were not applied for, is this correct?

Subject: Re: MNZ-AGM-- Our AGM--Rnd 1 BEARS
    Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your email, which looking at the circulation list was clearly meant to generate unrest within the ranks.

We could appreciate you point of view, if in fact it was based on accurate information.

You appear to be quite happy to critise the office staff at MNZ and make completely unfounded statements, while utilising MNZ for your club's benefit.

Over the last three years CAMS have run an event on three different weekends in May.

It is totally unacceptable to expect MNZ staff, to know what your club intends doing, unless you have applied for an event permit.

When the decision was made to move the AGM, to the weekend of the May 22/23 there was only one permit for a trail ride applied for.

As of today, your club has still not applied for a permit for the below mentioned event, which you claim has been on your calendar for over twelve months.

In your email you state:

"We appreciate only too well that a lot of work is done by volunteers. However, in such a large governing body in the motor sport scene, someone has to take ownership of the incompetence being shown here."

Yes, incompetence is being shown and it is by the Classic Action Motorcycle Sports Club, rather than MNZ.

We look forward to receiving a permit application in due course.

On another matter.

I am not sure where you fit into you club hierarchy, but your club needs to examine section 6-1-4 of the Constitution.

Both Classic Action Motorcycle Sports Club and B.E.A.R.S. Motorcycle Club's affiliation to MNZ are under review by the Board, as neither club has been represented by club delegate or by proxy at the last two AGMs.

This year the 'New' Board is incorporating several seminars along with the usual 'Workshops' to encourage Clubs to attend AGM weekend.

Yours in Motorcycling

B J (Jim) Tuckerman
    President
    Motorcycling New Zealand Inc.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    We never apply for a permit this far out from a meeting, we have less than a handful of stewards to choose from and its hard to get an affirmative answer regards who will be the the officials on the day. We never have and we wont be starting soon. MNZ requires 14 days minimum notice to apply for permit, and thats all we have ever done.

Dates are allocated by the Car Club every year so we are going to have fluctuations on the dates of our AGM meeting which is, MAY

Before bringing up the points of us maybe being at fault regards rules here, Jim Tuckerman should acquaint himself with them.

What would be wrong with a little communication to clubs before actions like "not issuing permits for a particular weekend" , because it suits the hierarchy.

Cant see CAMS or any other club being at fault here.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    All the same,You have tried too make MNZ look bad by failing too mention they knew nothing of your plans. All theyve done is inform everybody of their intentions.Pity you couldnt have done the same before whining about it on a public forum.

Thread Information