Page 859 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 35975980984985785885986086186990995913591859 ... LastLast
Results 12,871 to 12,885 of 39427

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    Husaberg, you are a wealth of knowledge, and certainly a resource!

I get all my sand and stuff from Thames Foundry, he also pours my moulds now after our little home foundry accident.

I'm out of pattern making mode for the next few days as I'm preparing the F9 for round two of this years VMX ( now carbed ). I have lost a lot of interest in this bike now the EFI is out of it and most of my needles and jets have been modified for ethanol. I have to run it on petrol now.
    I'll have to find a new bike to EFI.

Google while fun unfortunately isn't the same as doing it, like you do, but it is all great background stuff.
    I thought it would give a bit of background and lower the level of silly questions for you.
    I am not sure where it is but one of the videos had the full workshop cabinet and table set up which was rather neat.
    Also the K bond sand is something i would like to try out. Love that it uses two stroke oil.........
    From memory i think you said you usually do a steel tool and then do the work with Resin sand.
    It isn't until i actually seen the all the core patterns in the flesh that it fully made sense to me how it all works.
    But i guess the two stroke cylinder is one of the more complicated casting/pattern making jobs.
    I think you should do a run of the variable disk valves Neil.

Why the Petrol have they banned the Alcohol as well Neil

I guess the wife has not quite forgiven you yet for the flammable sheep incident yet

I still would like to tag along for a day with you up in Thames.
    but 60KG of carry on luggage make life a little difficult at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    husaberg
    Have i killed the thread again.

Hello Neil have you ever noticed (cause i never did) that the current New Zealand MX rules for MX 1 and MX2 are now equal for 2 and 4 strokes.

That 360 Rotary valve engine you were doing on the 2 stroke mx thread maybe would be awesome for a 360cc MX2 racer. You are onto something there
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Monark -57(50cc moped), KTM 200EXC
    Phuu!

Finally made it through the whole thread. It took a while...but well worth it.

A big thank you to TeeZee and his ESE team for doing this in public.

Thanks to all Bucketers inspiring others what can be done with some common sense and a lot of work.

As icing on the cake we are priviliged to have imput from some of the best in the area of 2-stroke tuning.
    Frits and wobbly, I admire your unselfishness and time spent reveling things one only could imagine to get acces to in the past. Dont know how to thank you enough for that.

After reading this thread I now know I realy want that Ignitech I found at the net some time ago and that its a really good product.
    The same goes for EngMod2T. One of few SW that seems to do it right. And afordable at the same time! If used by wobbly with great success I know that its not the SW that will be the limiting factor when I get my own copy.

I allso found good links to some simple SW solutions for dynos. The mech has never been a big issue. The 010101 have though. So IF it ever will happen, its much thanks to this great thread.

Winters comming up at my side of the globe = Dark and cold. Hope to turn some of your inspiration in to real projects.

Regards
    Andreas

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Husaberg, yes the 360 engine has a 72mm stroke, so could be made into an MX2 as well. Trouble is all my projects have slowed right down at the moment, seem to always have the money OR the time but not both together!? Probably too many projects on the go a once as well.

Bike
    Several
    Probably too many projects on the go a once as well.
    This is a constant issue, those of us with the inclination towards building things always seem to get too much on the go at once.
    Better than being bored!
    Heinz Varieties

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Quote Originally Posted by speedpro View Post
    Pretty sure with Ecotrons on a 2-stroke they only use the TPS and not the MAP sensor to determine fuel at any point, + revs of course.
    Ok ... you might be right.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	barking-up-the-wrong-tree.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	110.7 KB 
ID:	289183

With the VE map, MAP manifold absolute pressure vis RPM, after a week or two on the dyno I now think I have been barking up the wrong tree.

Name:	WrongTree.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	289182

And got myself well and truly snookered.

After Start and Warm Up, the usual thing would be to run the VE map, RPM vis MAP manifold absolute pressure then swap over to the Alpha-N TPS vis RPM load based map at larger throttle openings.

It made sense to me to use a VE map based on the actual manifold pressure because the MAP manifold pressure is quite variable at low throttle openings and is easily measurable but becomes less sensitive to throttle changes at larger throttle openings so at that point you swap to TPS based Alpha-N map near WOT.

I made my base maps and after a week or so of being able to change the fueling using the Global Fuel adjustment but not being able to get the same result by changing the VE map I have come to the conclusion the VE map is not actually being looked at by the EFI. While any changes to the Alpha-N load based map made a big difference.

Its not obvious from reading the manual but I have come to suspect your right, on a 2-Stroke Ecotrons only uses the Alpha-N load based map.

I will check this with Matt.

Bike
    -
    Can you record pre-selected channels (like in INCA) for a later review to see what the ECU is doing? And do you have a lambda probe installed which could take over so that you can look at (or record) the fuel flow?

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Haufen View Post
    Can you record pre-selected channels (like in INCA) for a later review to see what the ECU is doing? And do you have a lambda probe installed which could take over so that you can look at (or record) the fuel flow?
    Yes Ecotrons can record pre-selected channels and we have a wideband O2 sensor kit but feared ruining the sensor by using it on a super rich smoky 2T running leaded Av Gas.

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    With the LINK, we run the MAP off the exhaust ( load ). This runs a separate overlay graph that influences the fueling with load. Also this same pipe is connected to the fuel regulator.

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    I've always thought running a mechanical variable fuel pressure regulator was not a good idea. Unless you are also monitoring fuel pressure you have introduced a variable. All good if you have confidence that the regulator reliably and consistently varies the fuel pressure against the manifold, or in this case exhaust, pressure. Just relying on the mechanical regulator to do the same thing all the time seemed hopeful.

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    That's how almost all cars run their regulators, connected to the inlet manifold, turbo engines also.

Bike
    YLR150RR and a RD350LC
    That's how almost all cars run their regulators, connected to the inlet manifold, turbo engines also.
    I thought it was to maintain a constant pressure at the nozzle, add 10 lbs boost in the manifold so add 10 lbs to the fuel rail , your system seems to be for a different purpose, that could have been covered by a simple map/ exhaust pressure sensor and mapping accordingly. Why add mechanical complexity when you can use even more complicated electronics to do it.
    My neighbours diary says I have boundary issues

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    yes, you are right, this system is to maintain constant pressure differential at the injector. This effectively changes the mixture if you like, with out this the computer has to work a little harder on the calculations. This is a simple system to help maintain relativity, has worked like this for forty years now with high performance turbo engines relying on this simple piece of tech. It works as accurate and as fast as it needs to, in the real world. It would not work well connected to the twostroke intake, unless you used a sampling type of system. Only reads at a certain point of the intake process but that would be difficult to set up.
    I can only speak from my experience with the Kawasaki, it worked for me ( connected to the mid section of the chamber )

Bike
    Below are the 2014 AMCC bucket race dates, as agreed with the Mt Wellington Kart Club.
    In addition to fitting into the kart race calendar, these dates avoid clashes with all known bike race events.
    Hopefully any new NI series dates can avoid clashing with these dates.
    These can be published on the AMCC website, in the AMCC newsletter & anywhere else relevant.

08-09/02 bucket fun day
    01-02/03 buckets R5
    08-09/03 GP at Tokoroa
    03-04/05 buckets R6
    24-25/05 buckets R7 + Dominic Howe trophy
    14-15/06 buckets final R8
    05-06/07 buckets R1
    02-03/08 buckets R2
    06-07/09 buckets R3
    11-12/10 buckets R4
    15-16/11 bucket 2 hour
    13/14/12 bucket fun day
    (all the above are at Mt Wellington except for the Tokoroa GP)

Regards,
    David Diprose

Bike
    I checked with Matt, and know we know that Ecotrons EFI software for 2T's comes with only the TPS Based Load map functioning and the Volumetric Efficiency map disabled even though we can still see it and make changes to it.

Name:	Maps.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	232.2 KB 
ID:	289220

support@ecotrons.com
    Re: Does a 2T ignore the VE map?

For the 2 stroke engine, it use A/N MAP in default and disable the P/N MAP.
    Because usually the 2 stroke engine intake pressure change is very small, phase judgment is not very accurate.
    You can log some data and send to us, if the intake pressure change is bigger, we can help you switch to P/N MAP.
    Thx
    Ecotrons Tech Support 001

Thread Information