View RSS Feed

General Bike Ravings

Biker culture, politics and general issues.

1. gone dirt riding wanna try?

now the winters here and the zxr has been traded for a kxf250 and a cr85 been getting into the greatness that is trail riding.
    nz is great for the outdoors and the rain makes it more exiting even got the missus into it (knocked herself out at woodhill but got back on )having much more fun now than before and if anyone is looking to rent a dirt bike to see if they like it i can take u out contact yamahar64life we have a rm 125 great for the first timer or the advanced
  2. coleridge ride

hope to ride ashburton to coleridge power station return on im hope sunday coming up
    hopeing for a fine day and not to cold
    (no snow) ?
    theres plenty of straights and then through the gorge and theres wicked cornering and then a few tighter cnrs that can actually catch you out a little ....even when you do know the road .....
    lets hope its a good day
  3. Jenga bike?

Actually this is a trike isnt it... spotted this guy on my way to pick up the VFR (yes its here!). I was intending to get a pic of the guy and his pile of stuff but when I pointed the camera all I got was a pile of stuff - I think his load is taller than he is himself.

Anyway enough about that, I have much more important things to discuss today. The VFR is finally here! So far I've only spent a grand total of 20km riding on it so I'll ...
  4. By-Q courier

Check out this guys mirror helmet. Bike couriers are pretty common here, not quite as common on scooters like this though, I think non-scooter bike couriers are probably slightly more numerous. By the way my wife told my why I hardly ever see bike couriers riding cubs, when cubs are so common for other types of delivery - bike couriers ride their own bike. So that explains it, a cub is ok if your employer is providing it, but not to have as your own ...
  5. Road legal trial bike

Spotted this dude today, riding a trial bike with plates, indicator, lights etc. It's a pretty good ride as far as novelty effect goes, but after that it's just plain stupid. I mean, there is nothing to sit on so he was just standing up the whoooole time
  6. A scooter that will always be mint

There's no doubt about it, this is one mint scooter. As the rest of the caption says "Take it easy, for delightful time" you know this is a ride you'll enjoy.

I finally managed to get everything done properly for the VFR, and it is on it's way to me at last. As Murphy would have it though, we are right at the beginning of tsuyu, aka the rainy season. The forecast for the next three days is full-on rain, and if history is any ...
  7. Apes and monkeys

These bikes are road legal here. How is it in NZ? Do they even exist there?
    Like a lot of things here, there seems to be a bunch of people who are absolutely crazy about them, and spend loads of money doing them up. The bodywork on this one is all kinda gold... but it didn't seem in such great shape, making me crawl along behind him waiting to get a shot at the lights.
    This is a 'monkey' which is 50cc, you can see how small it is from ...
  8. Big scooter bling

For some, customizing your scooter is just as cool as customizing a bike. This one has been done up quite a bit, have to admit I liked the brake discs.
    Usually these will have a loud muffler on them - since the engine cannot be revved at will for 'look-at-me' attention like a real bike, they need to make up the difference somehow. It's kind of annoying actually because with the way the clutch works, these things are deafeningly loud even when ...