View RSS Feed

General Bike Ravings

Biker culture, politics and general issues.

1. Riding with an experienced newbie to Whangas

Well Gale_Wolf is an old mate of from uni days, he's gotten on with life and raised a fine family and doing the hard yards.

Of course, this meant his usual hi-jinks with motorbikes has been curtailed and he has in his words become "mister communterer". We've recently renewed our friendship and actually ridden with each other on short trips on the Hornet Swarm rides.

Now, he gets ambitious and wants to head up to Whangarei to pick up a muffler baffle from the previous ...
  2. She ridable.

It worked. Now needs a really good tuning and all will be SWEET. Have a look at this for proof;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYAX_5wKV14
  3. back to the grinder

I ended up finishing at 1 am this morning fixing the swivel I made so I can race shift (the aluminum plate kept coming of the bearing), modifying the exhaust (didn't fit no more) and carrying on with my forever battle f keeping my garage tidy.

Headed inside to sleep and couple hours later I'm awake (yet again) obsessing over the exhaust. F(*k. i really must get a handle on this obsessive behaviour disorder.
  4. SHE'S ALIVE ha ha ha

Engine's running.

Couple of things to remember for next time;
    Make sure I check I have put all the parts back and in the right order. Having such spares are not a good idea.

Don't be surprised if you customize parts they won't fit when you something this amount they won't fit.

I'm happy though. The engine pretty much fired up straight away. With any luck I will be able to ride the bike tomorrow.
  5. what a shitter

Realized after fitting most of the parts I'll have to take the engine out to replace one of the cam chain runners.
  6. Army Training Area Ride

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...ure-Ride/page8

Words can't really describe it...the pictures and videos kind of can...but you really had to be there. Awesome weekend with good company. Pushing bikes and people to the limit...well in a low key, adventure bike kinda way. But fair to say it tested some of us, myself included, both in riding skills, stamina and decision making. Videos to follow.

7. Okay, okay ...

I am officially changing the name of my bike to Snoopy. Satisfied now?? Bastards.
  8. My first C1KC Part 2

And on to Part 2... only problem with doing all these trips is trying to remember everything to write up afterwards, and the time it takes. Still, better than trying to remember the details 6 months down the track without a blog.

John had kindly offered me a bed for Saturday evening, and since I had been up since Friday morning I figured it was a better idea to stay in Wellington overnight, then return home on Sunday. Once all the riders had checked in, and everything was tallied, ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00025.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	694.6 KB 
ID:	223177   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00030.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	407.4 KB 
ID:	223178  
Page 52 of 100 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast